Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Community

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Community

This thread needed to be resurrected. How are you guys finding the new season?

I miss the ending with Troy & Abed in the morning.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Troy and Abed are the best. LOL I love Community. The new season is great too. I like how consistently funny it is, it never stop being irreverent.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Six seasons and a movie!!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Man, I love this show. It's definitely the best TV comedy I've seen since Arrested Development (Archer was good, but not this good.) And seeing as how it's a legitimately good show on a major network, it was bound to be cancelled from the beginning. I guess it's too smart for the mainstream. I mean, technically it's on some sort of break right now, but we all know what that means. Here's hoping Dan Harmon gets a job somewhere and is able to work with another great cast like this to bring more quality to my brain holes.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    The Beetlejuice easter egg was one of the most holy shit things I've ever seen! This show is so great! I really hope it doesn't get canceled and at least get a fourth season. Of course this is probably their last season. That makes me sad.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Just like Party Down, I'm discovering this show way too late. I used to watch Parks and Recreation and The Office on Thursday nights, but I didn't think to watch Community (even though Joel McHale and Chevy Chase are in it, who I think are awesome) until The Office took a huge dump this season. I love the quirkiness of the show and how it doesn't feel the need to stick to the "misfits at a college" premise. I can't imagine episodes like the paintball epics and the claymation Christmas special happening had they done that. Anyway, great show, and I really hope this season isn't the end. Although I'm sure NBC wouldn't hesitate to cancel it if that shitty show Whitney jumped up even higher in the ratings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I saw the pilot and thought the show wasn't going to go anywhere, but after watching the first season's Christmas episode I was hooked. I have a feeling NBC wants to ditch it, it's up against BBT now, so prob. doesn't get ratings NBC wants. My favorite network sitcom anyway. smart and sharp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    NBC benched this show for a couple of weeks I think due to poor-ish ratings. Thankfully a new episode is airing tonight. I hope it'll get renewed for a fourth season, but we may not get that six seasons and a movie. I may just lose all faith in humanity if Whitney gets renewed and Community gets cancelled.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalinejunkie View Post
    NBC benched this show for a couple of weeks I think due to poor-ish ratings. Thankfully a new episode is airing tonight. I hope it'll get renewed for a fourth season, but we may not get that six seasons and a movie. I may just lose all faith in humanity if Whitney gets renewed and Community gets cancelled.
    you can probably count on that as everyone seems to be in love with Whitney Cummings. money-wise, it's probably cheaper to produce her inferior show to the ensemble of Community. just hope it can hit syndication with 3-4ish seasons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really hope they don't cancel this. I was on the fence for the first season not thinking it could sustain itself but they have proven themselves to be one of the best comedies on tv by being consistently smart and funny. Why haven't networks created cable channels to dumb there popular, but not enough, shows on yet?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I enjoy the show, I really do.

BUT! The last episode was just weird. No wait, it was creepy too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tonight's episode was hilarious. The knock on Bale's Batman voice with Annie was great.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Loved last night's episode. Troy and Abed's relationship is so funny.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Nick fucking Kroll wearing a German Soccer Jersey. How am I not like him?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    "I wish there was a word to describe the pleasure I feel in viewing misfortune."

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    New episode airs on the West coast in 5 minutes. Turn it on, bitches!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    So much smart, meta-humor in tonight's episode. No wonder it's getting cancelled.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    This episode was brilliant, but when it was over I felt a huge wave of sadness, not knowing when and if this show is even coming back.

Did anyone see the entire cast (minus Chevy) on The Soup this week, where they were all trying to convince Joel Mchale that the show was all in his imagination? The line that Allison Brie used was fucking genius, about how if it existed he would have seen commercials for it on NBC.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Annie: I'll be at the movies with my bubbie.
    Troy: You're not taking both of them?
    Annie: Well, one's dead.
    Troy: What?!

<3

Also, Annie's "teach me Christmas" dance is the most disturbing thing I've seen in a long time.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    "Boop boopy boop SEX"

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    March 15th. Back to Thursdays at 8:00. Beware the Ides of March, fellas.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Is nobody else watching this show? I'm loving it. Specifically because I am an Air Conditioner repair man.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've definitely been watching it. Good season so far. I preferred last week's episode but they're all good and always enjoyable.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    "pop pop, captain"

Also, the Dean convulsing after seeing Jeff with aviators was probably the greatest moment on television all year. I had to pause the show and laughed for like 10 minutes over that.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I missed the first 2 episodes since Community's return sadly, but I really enjoyed last night's. Have they ever done a straight-up "to be continued" before? I wanna know what's going on with the Vice Dean! I loved the plot with Britta most of all, though. I don't think ANY other show could possibly pull off what they did. Seriously.

also...

Britta: "It'll be just like High School, when I wrote my editorial column 'BRITTA: Unfiltered.'"
    Pierce: "Oh, I get it."
    Britta: "Get what?"
    Last edited by Deadpool; 03-30-2012 at 10:59 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    That Subway sub-plot was done perfectly. Excellent episode. I personally didn't care for last week's at all, possibly the first one of 3 seasons I didn't like. The writing for Pierce last night was [finally] some of the best of the season for him.

And poor Troy and Abed........

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I love how the show constantly acknlowedges other situations happening outside of the group that are a huge deal, but aren't payed attention to by the study group. Like Garrett's illness and stuff. It's so good. No other show does that. Or the episode where they had flashbacks to all these memorable moments that the group had that the show just didn't cover.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    Have they ever done a straight-up "to be continued" before? I wanna know what's going on with the Vice Dean! I loved the plot with Britta most of all, though. I don't think ANY other show could possibly pull off what they did. Seriously.

also...

Britta: "It'll be just like High School, when I wrote my editorial column 'BRITTA: Unfiltered.'"
    Pierce: "Oh, I get it."
    Britta: "Get what?"
    The Britta joke was great!! Also, they have done the "to be continued before" but usually they're closer to the end. They're usually the paintball episodes, no?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    so, was anyone else amazed with last night's episode? especially keith david's narration...it was top notch.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The bit about North Hall being named for so-and-so North and English-something being named for someone else... and something about syphilis...... holy SHIT did I laugh hard. Had to pause the dvr for a second on that one. Too bad I can't remember the whole damn quote.