Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Community

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    "pop pop, captain"

Also, the Dean convulsing after seeing Jeff with aviators was probably the greatest moment on television all year. I had to pause the show and laughed for like 10 minutes over that.

"Oh God HIS SHADOW!! Look at his shadow!!!!​"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    "pop pop, captain"

Also, the Dean convulsing after seeing Jeff with aviators was probably the greatest moment on television all year. I had to pause the show and laughed for like 10 minutes over that.

"His SHADOW!! Oh God, look at his shadow!"

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Changlorious Bastards

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    “Unfortunately for Britta and millions of photographers like her, just because something is in black and white doesn’t mean it’s good.”

Probably one of the top five hardest times I've ever laughed at Community. That was perfect.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i don't know about you guys, but that shot at the end really made me want waffles...

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    That last episode was fucking gold.

Have you guys been keeping up with the Dan Harmon/Chevy Chase drama?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Have you guys been keeping up with the Dan Harmon/Chevy Chase drama?
    no idea...?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is the best.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    God he's SUCH a dickbag.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I've always hated Chevy Chase, so I was shocked that he was in a show that I actually liked. Suddenly, everything makes a little more sense. Fuck Chevy Chase.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just got around to watching last week's episode. I really don't understand why ratings are suffering, other than possible lack of attention. It was gold, and loved every minute of it. I love that Community can take a chance and turn they're 22 minutes per week into a mocumentary (?). The whole photography thing with Brita was HILARIOUS. "This astonishing moment was captured by Brita, by accident, by trying to capture the light from a waffle." (not sure exact quote) but that was funny stuff. I'm rarely disappointed in this show.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    No it totally makes sense why Community doesn't have the ratings that it deserves. Much like Arrested Development, the show is just simply too smart for the average television viewer.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Spoiler: They Killed Starburns!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What an amazing episode. I've been looking forward to this since the Paley panel. Anyone realize the genius of the title?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I hope to hell this gets renewed for a fourth season. this show was doomed from the beginning as community college is only 4 years long. But they're playing out this season like it could be the last.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    POTENTIAL SPOILERS, OR MAYBE JUST A CRAZY THEORY!

Holy crap. The group from the "darkest" timeline have found a way to the best timeline and are ruining their lives, just like they said they would. They killed Spoiler: Starburns to set off a chain of events that would ultimately get the Greendale 7 expelled.

How else could you explain Abed specifically referencing that timeline episode when they're all back at the apartment at the end of the latest episode. Right at the start of the episode Abed said he was given the Spoiler: Starburns dvd by a one armed guy with a scar on his face who claimed to be Spoiler: Starburns lawyer. In the dark timeline Jeff was missing an arm, his right arm, which Abed specified as the missing one. The scar could have been to fool Abed, as he's said in the past that he doesn't recognise people by their face, but by their style and distinct traits.

It's a crazy direction to go in, but I could see it happening (hell, the show had zombies. It actually had zombies existing in their reality). I guess the clues in this latest episode could just be one big red herring, but after seeing them I'm going to be disapointed if thats the case. So keen to see where this leads now. Cant wait for the 3 part final airing back to back on the 17th (i think?)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I remember that, and I think you could be on to something. The timeline episode was one of my favorites, though I forget a lot of the details!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    The only thing that's bugging me about this show is that I remember Brita being smarter in the early episodes. She's lost anything interesting she once had, although Jeff commenting on that fact seems pretty great.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    The only thing that's bugging me about this show is that I remember Brita being smarter in the early episodes. She's lost anything interesting she once had, although Jeff commenting on that fact seems pretty great.
    This has kind of bugged me too. Honestly, it's kinda like all of the characters have become caricatures of themselves. It seems like the show has been getting more and more campy.

However, I read one 'theory' about Britta that mentioned that she just seemed smarter early on, because she wasn't trying so hard. Now that she's purposely trying to act smart, she makes more of an ass of herself. I dunno.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I dig the direction Britta has gone in. I kinda see it like the writers perception of her has changed as they written her. I don't find it too unnatural, and could understand if my perception of someone like her changed in real life. Sometimes when you get to know someone well enough they just seem so different to how you first perceived them. The show is subjectively showing us that.

(oh man im high)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sa_nick View Post
    POTENTIAL SPOILERS, OR MAYBE JUST A CRAZY THEORY!

Holy crap. The group from the "darkest" timeline have found a way to the best timeline and are ruining their lives, just like they said they would. They killed Spoiler: Starburns to set off a chain of events that would ultimately get the Greendale 7 expelled.

How else could you explain Abed specifically referencing that timeline episode when they're all back at the apartment at the end of the latest episode. Right at the start of the episode Abed said he was given the Spoiler: Starburns dvd by a one armed guy with a scar on his face who claimed to be Spoiler: Starburns lawyer. In the dark timeline Jeff was missing an arm, his right arm, which Abed specified as the missing one. The scar could have been to fool Abed, as he's said in the past that he doesn't recognise people by their face, but by their style and distinct traits.

It's a crazy direction to go in, but I could see it happening (hell, the show had zombies. It actually had zombies existing in their reality). I guess the clues in this latest episode could just be one big red herring, but after seeing them I'm going to be disapointed if thats the case. So keen to see where this leads now. Cant wait for the 3 part final airing back to back on the 17th (i think?)
    You could be on to something, I had to rewatch the timeline episode because of your post.

Also, the pizza guy in last weeks episode is the same pizza guy from the timeline episode, which explains the look Brita & him exchange at the end.

Cool theory, I wonder if you're right.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I enjoyed this show a little more when it was a little less self conscious. The whole 'meta-tv-trivia-geek' thing used to be a really fun part of the show, but now it IS the show. I think they saw their strong, albeit limited, fanbase, and now they're trying too hard to play to that crowd. It's feels a bit myopic and indulgent at this point.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Not sure if this has been posted somewhere yet.

NBC ending Community, Parks and Recreation, and 30 Rock.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    ............wow.

So All three phenomenal shows get canceled, but fucking Whitney and The Office get to stay on the air? Uhh, yo NBC, have you watched The Office lately? One of the worst things on television right now. Ugh.

ATTN: Netflix. The ball is in your court.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    "LET'S GIVE MATTHEW PERRY ANOTHER SITCOM!" - NBC exec who has never watched television.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Well, at least they're giving them a small order. Could've just threw it in the can at once I guess. Great show, wrong network.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Now rumors have it that Dan Harmon and Chevy Chase won't be returning next season. Chevy isn't that huge of a loss, but Harmon is like Arrested Development losing Mitchell Hurwitz or something. That has me worried.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    You could be on to something, I had to rewatch the timeline episode because of your post.

Also, the pizza guy in last weeks episode is the same pizza guy from the timeline episode, which explains the look Brita & him exchange at the end.

Cool theory, I wonder if you're right.
    Spoiler: And this week, we had Annie as a mental patient and Pearce is still talking about banging Urtha Kit. They're certainly playing this up enough.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tonight's Pulp Fiction reference was EASILY in my top 5 favorite moments from this show. I had to pause it so I could laugh for like 3 minutes straight.