Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Community

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    ...an ensemble led by Joel NcHale...
    spell-check, much?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I'm glad Chase is leaving. I love Chevy Chase, but he was never utilized properly, and was always annoying.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    You know, as much as I love Community, with the entire next season being sidelined and Dan Harmon and Chevy Chase leaving, I really wish Season 4 had never happened in the first place. It seems like the shows legacy is kind of just getting drug through the mud right now.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: Community

While I'm disappointed in the departures I think it is too early to judge if season 4 isn't going to be good. Plus Chevy will be in almost all the episodes so him leaving won't be an issue this season. It'll only matter if they get a season 5, which I doubt will happen.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    While I'm disappointed in the departures I think it is too early to judge if season 4 isn't going to be good. Plus Chevy will be in almost all the episodes so him leaving won't be an issue this season. It'll only matter if they get a season 5, which I doubt will happen.
    Ya I read an article a few months ago saying that this will not only be Community's last season, but 30 Rock, and Parks and Recreations last season too. NBC is cleaning house

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadbent View Post
    Ya I read an article a few months ago saying that this will not only be Community's last season, but 30 Rock, and Parks and Recreations last season too. NBC is shooting itself in the foot
    there, fixed.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Community

Pop Pop!

Community returns tonight!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    This is a good interview with Gillian Jacobs (Britta):

http://www.vulture.com/2013/02/gilli...witter_vulture

Apparently Brie Larson is going to be on the show this season - as Abed's love interest! Awesome! I love the idea of Envy Adams being on Community.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    So is it just me, or does this show blow now?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtig View Post
    So is it just me, or does this show blow now?
    i thought the first two episodes of this season were great. has it lost a little of its charm & polish without dan harmon around? maybe...but it's still a great show. the characters and format are well established and the writing is still pretty strong.

i'm also happy it didn't simply get canceled.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I'll be completely honest, Community still feels like 90% Community to me. I really enjoyed the first two episode. Everyone involved with the show is still there, minus Harmon, so it's not like NBC hired a complete new staff. The character development is still the same, same tone, same quirks. It's still a good show. I kind of feel like everyone hating it is just convincing themselves that it sucks now without actually giving it an open mind.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    it still feels like community, but the season could do well to pick up a bit.

It shouldn't feel much different, my friend who works on community has mentioned that Harmon was fired because he usually should up to work drunk, if at all. Made it sound like the guy was useless.... he also mentioned that Chase wanted to stay on the show. So the media blitz on this is somewhat off...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I had all but forgotten about Harmon, so it's not that I'm convincing myself of anything. I'm saying that it blows after realizing each episode this season has barely gotten a chuckle out of me. It's kind of like the show turned into a (somewhat) typically banal NBC sitcom.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The halloween episode was out of place in febuary. Would have been hilarious in october when it was suppose to air, but that's nbcs fault and has nothing to do with the content of the show.

This seasons not bad so far, only 2 episodes in, I hope there's more story lines though and not just 13 standalone episodes :/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Looks like Tricia Helfer will be on tomorrow's episode, which is amazing news to me since BSG is my favorite TV show. I missed last week's Halloween ep, so I still need to watch that, but I liked the season premiere.

Also, Academy Award winning writer Jim Rash has written an episode for this season

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    Also, Academy Award winning writer Jim Rash has written an episode for this season
    it'll be the dean's knees!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yes, the Halloween episode did seem out of place. I understand though it was to air in October. I thought the first two episodes have been great, though. My fiancé and I met with this being a common interest, so we are glad to see it back. Sucks it's the last season though :/

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    yeah the last two episodes were pretty unfunny... here's hoping they pull it back together. is this the confirmed last season now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I liked tonights episode. Joel McHale and Allison Brie are great on screen together.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    yeah the last two episodes were pretty unfunny... here's hoping they pull it back together. is this the confirmed last season now?
    Last with NBC as far as I know, but there's rumors of FX or another station picking it up. DISREGARD THAT, I COOK SOCKS

Tonight episode was AMAZING, if you're a Doctor Who fan. I couldn't even count how many references there were, it was unreal. I also really liked the Jeff/Annie story.
    Last edited by ibanez33; 02-26-2013 at 02:41 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    What? There is NO word from NBC about this being their last season of Community. Infact, NBC's president said about season four, “We’re absolutely hopeful it will lead to a fifth season, I’d love nothing more than to see it continue.”

I'm not minding the new season. Still hard to tell just how the quality will turn out. It does feel a little different, but just because its slightly off doesnt suddenly make it the worst thing ever. I fucking hate people who are like "I didnt laugh once, I can't believed they ruined it". Fuck that, it's still the best sitcom on TV. Just because Dan Harmon isn't working on Community anymore, it doesn't mean Two and a Half Men is suddenly hilarious.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I actually really enjoyed the bulk of season 3. But I am also enjoying this season. If you didn't know anything about Dan Harmon, you wouldn't have guessed that there's a new showrunner. All the writers stayed on for season 4 so I imagine why that's the case. Season 2 is by far my favorite though. This is still better than most of the shit NBC farts out nowadays. I really like Parks and Rec but I hope they don't run it into the ground like they did with The Office. That used to be my favorite show but I can't even watch a new episode without cringing anymore.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I just watched this weeks episode.

It was painful. This show can end any time now.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I absolutely hated the Inspector Spacetime Convention and the butter up the rich asshole (that one may've been the worst of the series) ones but Halloween and Thanksgiving were magic and on par with the better episodes of the series. The ones in between, including yesterday's have been good. The writing for Britta this season seems off. The Deanisms are set to "overkill" and need to go.
    Last edited by Swykk; 04-12-2013 at 06:22 PM. Reason: fucking auto correct

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    um, i'm sorry...last night was AMAZING.

take one of my favourite shows, turn everyone into puppets and have them sing? yeah, sign me up FOREVER.

why does everyone have such a stick up their ass about this season?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: Community

Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    um, i'm sorry...last night was AMAZING.

take one of my favourite shows, turn everyone into puppets and have them sing? yeah, sign me up FOREVER.

why does everyone have such a stick up their ass about this season?
    I agree that I REALLY liked the puppet episode. I was skeptical at first but it was well executed. My only beef with this season is Jeff Winger turning into a good person. I prefer douche Jeff.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Yeah no shit. That puppet episode was probably one of the best episodes the series has put out yet. Especially with the huge character development on Jeff's part recognizing that everyone needed to make Shirley feel better before anyone else did.

I still echo that people are just TRYING to hate this show now. It's still fantastic and hasn't really lost anything with Harmon being gone.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I could have done without the songs.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    But that'd be like The Muppets with no singing. It's just nowhere near as satisfying.