Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 200

Thread: Community

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    91
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    "pop pop, captain"

    Also, the Dean convulsing after seeing Jeff with aviators was probably the greatest moment on television all year. I had to pause the show and laughed for like 10 minutes over that.

    "Oh God HIS SHADOW!! Look at his shadow!!!!​"

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    91
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    "pop pop, captain"

    Also, the Dean convulsing after seeing Jeff with aviators was probably the greatest moment on television all year. I had to pause the show and laughed for like 10 minutes over that.


    "His SHADOW!! Oh God, look at his shadow!"

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    1,470
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Changlorious Bastards

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Posts
    2,636
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    “Unfortunately for Britta and millions of photographers like her, just because something is in black and white doesn’t mean it’s good.”

    Probably one of the top five hardest times I've ever laughed at Community. That was perfect.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    9,188
    Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    i don't know about you guys, but that shot at the end really made me want waffles...

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    born under punches
    Posts
    2,170
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    That last episode was fucking gold.

    Have you guys been keeping up with the Dan Harmon/Chevy Chase drama?

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    9,188
    Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Have you guys been keeping up with the Dan Harmon/Chevy Chase drama?
    no idea...?

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Posts
    25
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)


    This is the best.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    7,349
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Posts
    2,636
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    God he's SUCH a dickbag.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,836
    Mentioned
    398 Post(s)
    I've always hated Chevy Chase, so I was shocked that he was in a show that I actually liked. Suddenly, everything makes a little more sense. Fuck Chevy Chase.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    180
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just got around to watching last week's episode. I really don't understand why ratings are suffering, other than possible lack of attention. It was gold, and loved every minute of it. I love that Community can take a chance and turn they're 22 minutes per week into a mocumentary (?). The whole photography thing with Brita was HILARIOUS. "This astonishing moment was captured by Brita, by accident, by trying to capture the light from a waffle." (not sure exact quote) but that was funny stuff. I'm rarely disappointed in this show.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Posts
    2,636
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    No it totally makes sense why Community doesn't have the ratings that it deserves. Much like Arrested Development, the show is just simply too smart for the average television viewer.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    292
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Spoiler: They Killed Starburns!!!

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    North Of Canada, MI
    Posts
    352
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What an amazing episode. I've been looking forward to this since the Paley panel. Anyone realize the genius of the title?

  16. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    292
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I hope to hell this gets renewed for a fourth season. this show was doomed from the beginning as community college is only 4 years long. But they're playing out this season like it could be the last.

  17. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    223
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    POTENTIAL SPOILERS, OR MAYBE JUST A CRAZY THEORY!

    Holy crap. The group from the "darkest" timeline have found a way to the best timeline and are ruining their lives, just like they said they would. They killed Spoiler: Starburns to set off a chain of events that would ultimately get the Greendale 7 expelled.

    How else could you explain Abed specifically referencing that timeline episode when they're all back at the apartment at the end of the latest episode. Right at the start of the episode Abed said he was given the Spoiler: Starburns dvd by a one armed guy with a scar on his face who claimed to be Spoiler: Starburns lawyer. In the dark timeline Jeff was missing an arm, his right arm, which Abed specified as the missing one. The scar could have been to fool Abed, as he's said in the past that he doesn't recognise people by their face, but by their style and distinct traits.

    It's a crazy direction to go in, but I could see it happening (hell, the show had zombies. It actually had zombies existing in their reality). I guess the clues in this latest episode could just be one big red herring, but after seeing them I'm going to be disapointed if thats the case. So keen to see where this leads now. Cant wait for the 3 part final airing back to back on the 17th (i think?)

  18. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    180
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I remember that, and I think you could be on to something. The timeline episode was one of my favorites, though I forget a lot of the details!

  19. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    632
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    The only thing that's bugging me about this show is that I remember Brita being smarter in the early episodes. She's lost anything interesting she once had, although Jeff commenting on that fact seems pretty great.

  20. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    born under punches
    Posts
    2,170
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    The only thing that's bugging me about this show is that I remember Brita being smarter in the early episodes. She's lost anything interesting she once had, although Jeff commenting on that fact seems pretty great.
    This has kind of bugged me too. Honestly, it's kinda like all of the characters have become caricatures of themselves. It seems like the show has been getting more and more campy.

    However, I read one 'theory' about Britta that mentioned that she just seemed smarter early on, because she wasn't trying so hard. Now that she's purposely trying to act smart, she makes more of an ass of herself. I dunno.

  21. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    223
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I dig the direction Britta has gone in. I kinda see it like the writers perception of her has changed as they written her. I don't find it too unnatural, and could understand if my perception of someone like her changed in real life. Sometimes when you get to know someone well enough they just seem so different to how you first perceived them. The show is subjectively showing us that.

    (oh man im high)

  22. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    632
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sa_nick View Post
    POTENTIAL SPOILERS, OR MAYBE JUST A CRAZY THEORY!

    Holy crap. The group from the "darkest" timeline have found a way to the best timeline and are ruining their lives, just like they said they would. They killed Spoiler: Starburns to set off a chain of events that would ultimately get the Greendale 7 expelled.

    How else could you explain Abed specifically referencing that timeline episode when they're all back at the apartment at the end of the latest episode. Right at the start of the episode Abed said he was given the Spoiler: Starburns dvd by a one armed guy with a scar on his face who claimed to be Spoiler: Starburns lawyer. In the dark timeline Jeff was missing an arm, his right arm, which Abed specified as the missing one. The scar could have been to fool Abed, as he's said in the past that he doesn't recognise people by their face, but by their style and distinct traits.

    It's a crazy direction to go in, but I could see it happening (hell, the show had zombies. It actually had zombies existing in their reality). I guess the clues in this latest episode could just be one big red herring, but after seeing them I'm going to be disapointed if thats the case. So keen to see where this leads now. Cant wait for the 3 part final airing back to back on the 17th (i think?)
    You could be on to something, I had to rewatch the timeline episode because of your post.

    Also, the pizza guy in last weeks episode is the same pizza guy from the timeline episode, which explains the look Brita & him exchange at the end.

    Cool theory, I wonder if you're right.

  23. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    819
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I enjoyed this show a little more when it was a little less self conscious. The whole 'meta-tv-trivia-geek' thing used to be a really fun part of the show, but now it IS the show. I think they saw their strong, albeit limited, fanbase, and now they're trying too hard to play to that crowd. It's feels a bit myopic and indulgent at this point.

  24. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    7,349
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Not sure if this has been posted somewhere yet.

    NBC ending Community, Parks and Recreation, and 30 Rock.

  25. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Posts
    2,636
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    ............wow.

    So All three phenomenal shows get canceled, but fucking Whitney and The Office get to stay on the air? Uhh, yo NBC, have you watched The Office lately? One of the worst things on television right now. Ugh.

    ATTN: Netflix. The ball is in your court.

  26. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    7,349
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    "LET'S GIVE MATTHEW PERRY ANOTHER SITCOM!" - NBC exec who has never watched television.

  27. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    342
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Well, at least they're giving them a small order. Could've just threw it in the can at once I guess. Great show, wrong network.

  28. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Posts
    2,636
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Now rumors have it that Dan Harmon and Chevy Chase won't be returning next season. Chevy isn't that huge of a loss, but Harmon is like Arrested Development losing Mitchell Hurwitz or something. That has me worried.

  29. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    632
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    You could be on to something, I had to rewatch the timeline episode because of your post.

    Also, the pizza guy in last weeks episode is the same pizza guy from the timeline episode, which explains the look Brita & him exchange at the end.

    Cool theory, I wonder if you're right.
    Spoiler: And this week, we had Annie as a mental patient and Pearce is still talking about banging Urtha Kit. They're certainly playing this up enough.

  30. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Posts
    2,636
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tonight's Pulp Fiction reference was EASILY in my top 5 favorite moments from this show. I had to pause it so I could laugh for like 3 minutes straight.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions