Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Fragility 1.0 Concert Special (and Big Day Out 2000, too)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    great work as always! total goldmine.

hilarious that Danny's guitar seems to be the pure DI signal without effects during "No, You Don't" and nobody tried fixing it after the fact. xD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks so much, Levi!

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    - The first time Robin's guitar pops to the front of the sound (6:16) it caught me off-guard. It gave me a quick flashback to one of those "metallic shreds" videos. I had it playing off to the side while working. I thought Leviathant was trolling me.
    Hahaha! I had the Creed shreds video in mind. I thought he was playing with a banjo. My old 60w Peavy sounded better than him.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    The moral of this story: If someone at The Record Label asks you if you want a free copy of something, just fucking take it.
    Yeah, but then you would probably have been satisfied with that and never tracked down the Betacam SP tapes.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The big day out footage is very good indeed. It's great to have these two videos in one quality package.

Thanks again.

May I ask if anyone will be making artwork to accompany this dvd?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Just a heads up: TPB is blocked in Europe, and the alt sites get taken down daily.
    You don't really even need TPB. All you need is magnets, man:

MP3
    FLAC
    DVD
    MP4

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    The MP4 version was deinterlaced with Yadif, and exported at two-pass variable bitrate with deblocking filter, although I don't remember what I'd set maximum and average to. I tested MP4 exports several times, adjusting the export parameters as I went, and kept bringing the size down until I started noticing artifacting, and then brought the bitrate back up.
    I'm curious, what MP4 encoder did you use? Thanks.

And, of course, awesome job on this project, from start to finish.

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    I exported the clips from (a proudly legitimate copy of) Sony Vegas Pro 12, which uses MainConcept AVC/AAC to encode their MP4s. It's the default choice for outputting Bluray compatible video, just dialed back a bit.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    You don't really even need TPB. All you need is magnets, man:

MP3
    FLAC
    DVD
    MP4

And, of course, awesome job on this project, from start to finish.
    Oops. meant to like not facepalm, sorry lol

And I get that, but the entire site is blocked, so can't access the magnets to begin with :P

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    And I get that, but the entire site is blocked, so can't access the magnets to begin with :P
    Which is why I reposted them in this thread, for those poor souls.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Oh god, the end of MotP. I am actually laughing my ass off. I <3 drunk Trent.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Good call with reposting the magnets in this thread to get around all the censorship!

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Hahaha! I had the Creed shreds video in mind. I thought he was playing with a banjo. My old 60w Peavy sounded better than him.
    it totally does sound like a banjo!
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one. It probably doesn't help that the only NIN Shreds video I've seen was of MOTP

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Thank you so much! This is amazing.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    thanks so much! i'll keep seeding the MP4 for a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks so much for the time and effort that went into this!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    mtv DESTROYED that 1999 show by chopping all the songs in half (along with their awful camera work) for a second I was hoping this was the unedited version of that show, with the songs in their entirety.....nut its the same version with the chopped up songs....there must be the full show somewhere in mtvs vaults

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypayton View Post
    mtv DESTROYED that 1999 show by chopping all the songs in half (along with their awful camera work) for a second I was hoping this was the unedited version of that show, with the songs in their entirety.....nut its the same version with the chopped up songs....there must be the full show somewhere in mtvs vaults
    That wasn't MTV, that was Trent Reznor - the show was designed to be a 30 minute broadcast. The awful camera work of which you speak was a combination of footage shot by fans as well as a professional crew. This is the full show from the vault. Think of it as the prequel to this, which by no mere coincidence is also available from the link at the top of this thread.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Was at one of the European shows this was filmed at in 1999, i think half of it is from Vienna the other half being London Brixton.
    I remember seeing And All That Could have been DVD a few years later and being suprised how different the V2.0 show's were, i think the lighting and setup was significantly better during the U.S tour however the setlist plus films and images being projected during the Europe shows were much better and more powerful.
    Remember there being all kinds of Experimental surgical procedure films or something being shown during the Great Below. Real dark. And La Mer was mindblowing. Remember being shocked at how stripped down the Astoria shows seemed few years later when the With Teeth tour hit town.

This is great i think a bootleg of the Brxiton show was circulating but was terrible terrible quality.

Also what the fuck is Trent on at the Big Day Out. Off his nut.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Actually, is there any full-length footage out there of the visual segment of Fragility 1.0?

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Actually, is there any full-length footage out there of the visual segment of Fragility 1.0?
    I used to have a VHS bootleg of the first night of the Brixton shows (performance was not as good as the second night), but it wasn't a great shot, IIRC. I don't know if I have that tape anymore. Funny how you just assume lots of people must have sought that shit out and it would eventually float up to YouTube...

I'd love to find the full tape of the Paris show shot at .

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Not strictly related to the topic of this thread, but since there are discussions about Fragility and promo tapes here, I figure, why not.

Anyway, my question is, has anyone seen or know anything about the existence of VHS promos for the Fragility 2.0 TV special? I looked on nincatalog and nincollector, and didn't see anything (maybe I wasn't looking in the right place).

Here are some title cards that came from them:

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Trent is so fucking mashed in the Big Day Out concert. Great performance, though.

Many thanks for this!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Fragility 1.0 Concert Special (and Big Day Out 2000, too)

Not strictly related to the topic of this thread, but since there are discussions about Fragility and promo tapes here, I figure, why not.

Anyway, my question is, has anyone seen or know anything about the existence of VHS promos for the Fragility 2.0 TV special? I looked on nincatalog and nincollector, and didn't see anything (maybe I wasn't looking in the right place).

Here are some title cards that came from them:
    I've never heard anything about them. These title cards are the first I've seen of them. Where did they come from? And how does the quality compare to what's on TPB?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    The quality on tpb won't be worse than even first generation VHS surely?

And I have the 2002 MTV2 thingy in .M4V if anyone cares for that, idk if it's still easily in circulation

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Fragility 1.0 Concert Special (and Big Day Out 2000, too)

The quality on tpb won't be worse than even first generation VHS surely?

And I have the 2002 MTV2 thingy in .M4V if anyone cares for that, idk if it's still easily in circulation
    The fragility 2.0 special (that those title cards were from) was aired on m2 back in 2000. What yfe has on TPB was sourced from a recording of what m2 aired. I know the lineage on that. The lineage of @TheBang 's copy is unknown.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is too cool. Man I love these forums.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Big Day Out 2000

The moments Trent makes contact with the fans on the border, I must admit, I'd to let a tear. Especially during 'even deeper'.
    Charlie on the 'theremin' is awesome...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    great work as always! total goldmine.

hilarious that Danny's guitar seems to be the pure DI signal without effects during "No, You Don't" and nobody tried fixing it after the fact. xD
    they probably needed some definition to go with the total fuzz of the other guys... its interesting, for sure

levi, as always you continue to amaze. thanks very much for doing this

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Trent said in an interview once that the crew recorded the last 20 shows of the fragility tour, and thats how AATCHB was compiled...One can only imagine what sits in Reznor's vaults...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Seeing all the work you've done on this in the donor lounge thread has been awe inspiring. Congratulations and thank you so much for the work. NOW TO GO WATCH IT REPEATEDLY.