Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tweaker

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Oh, thanks for bumping this... if not to watch Chris play in a gym (odd?)
    Yeah, I didn't realize I made that mistake at first, because this thread is also labeled Chris Vrenna / Related in the A-Z of Bands thread. I also found that a bit odd too. I also posted that video in the Random NIN Thoughts thread, basically saying that I inevitably thought of the beginning lyrics to March Of The Pigs as soon as he started playing the beat.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 10-30-2013 at 02:22 PM.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tweaker View Post
    I'm so glad I can finally share this with you:
    tweaker - "and then there's nothing"
    released 26 Nov 2013 via Metropolis Records
    pre-order: http://bit.ly/1cL8ClZ

01. Pig-grinder (featuring Raymond Watts)
    02. Nothing At All (Gary Numan & Ade Fenton Mix)
    03. Grounded (Dave Ogilvie & Colin Janz Mix)
    04. Nothing At All (Front Line Assembly Mix)
    05. A Bit Longer Than Usual (Rasputina Mix)
    06. Areas of The Brain (KMFDM Mix)
    07. Hoarding Granules (Sean Beavan & Joe Haze Mix)
    08. Grounded (Dave Lombardo Mix)
    09. Nothing At All (Alternate Rock Mix)
    10. All In
    11. Ponygrinder (Army of The Universe Mix)
    12. Nothing At All (Exageist Mix)
    13. Wasted Time (Rob King feat. Adrian Terrazas-Gonzalez Mix)
    14. Grounded (3KStatic Mix)
    15. Limerence
    16. Fine (Aaron Zilch Mix)
    Has anyone heard this yet?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    The Deluxe edition only available on iTunes includes 5 additional remixes. Remixers include Aaron Zilch (of American Head Charge), Shiv-r, Perileyes, and Encanti. [2]

17 Fine (Rojer Faust Mix) Tweaker 3:12 $0.99 View In iTunes
    18 Grounded (Joe Haze Mix) Tweaker 5:19 $0.99 View In iTunes
    19 Fine (3KStatic Mix) Tweaker 4:14 $0.99 View In iTunes
    20 Nothing at All (Shiv-r Mix) Tweaker 5:05 $0.99 View In iTunes
    21 Grounded (Perileyes & Encanti Mix) Tweaker 4:37 $0.99 View In iTunes
    BookletAnd Then There's Nothing Tweaker -- Album Only View In iTunes
    Last edited by Ryan; 12-02-2013 at 04:22 AM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Just bought it... the PDF booklet is short but nice.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    What are the tracks like? Might have to make an online purchase

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Here's my review of the new remix album.

Bottom line, the guys that made it wanted to make a Further Down The Spiral for Call The Time Eternity.
    And they pretty much did it.

Enjoy.

Guido's Fuckrant Page - a review of tweaker's And Then There's Nothing

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Chris just updated the Tweaker facebook with this bit of info:

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Vrenna
    So many internet rumors follow me, and I think it is time to set all records straight to stop the lies and mistruths. First, I DID have rotator cuff surgery in July to repair a severe tear in my left shoulder. The surgery went great and I am almost done with physical therapy to regain 100% use of my arm. I should make my drumming premier with Army Of The Universe - Official - opening for Skinny Puppy in late February. Second, I DID move out of Los Angeles to Madison, WI. I started to hate the scene in LA, and built an amazing SSL studio here and in addition to all my work, I am also teaching recording arts. Other than the sub-freezing temps, it's an amazing city. Third, I am NOT involved with Primitive Race and it's been slightly upsetting seeing my name constantly associated with it. I have two new projects slated for 2014 and want the focus on those.
    I wish everyone a great holiday and New Years!
    Chris
    Pretty cool that's he gonna be joining the tour and drumming with the opening band for the upcoming Skinny Puppy tour. I plan on hitting up that show when it comes here, and that almost makes suffering through Army of Universe worth it (not a fan of their style, saw them open from KMFDM and they didn't really impress me. They weren't terrible, just nothing amazing).

Shocked he left LA though. I hear alot of rockstars leave LA, they hate the lifestyle. I wonder what there is to hate? I've been to LA many times and love it there. Guess it might have a different feel between just visiting and actually living there. Still, I donno if i'd be able to give up the weather just like that, I hate cold weather! I'd love to move to either Australia or LA one day just for the weather!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    And more proof on how much talk Primitive Race is, no bite...

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    And more proof on how much talk Primitive Race is, no bite...
    Oh, hahahahahah.... you have no idea. It gets worse... Check out what Primitive Race just wrote on their facebook this morning after Chris wrote his message:

Quote Originally Posted by Primitive Race
    Chris Vrenna will not be taking part in Primitive Race. We started out but he had a shoulder injury and then moved cross country to start a great new job teaching. He's also working on some cool new stuff as well that will be awesome. I wish him the best in his new career in Wisconsin. Its disappointing but life makes many twists and turns
    It's like, they just HOPED he would be part of it. Doesn't even seem like they asked him. I'm starting to question the authenticity of that band and whether all the other artists they have attatched to their project are in fact true or not.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I mean, seriously, how long has this "band" been at it now? Where's the music? And didn't they do a kickstarter, or something along those lines? Where did that money go?

Edit:

I remember. They sold a bunch of t-shirts and paper bag "masks".
    Last edited by Piko; 12-07-2013 at 05:48 PM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Benn re-getting into Tweaker lately. Am I missing anything from what I've listed below? --

>>

Last edited by Ryan; 11-16-2014 at 10:28 PM.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    There was a video/surround DVD release of 2 AM Wakeup Call that had notably different mixes of the songs, although I preferred the album versions, as I recall.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I Am The One with Burton Bell?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    There was a video/surround DVD release of 2 AM Wakeup Call that had notably different mixes of the songs, although I preferred the album versions, as I recall.
    Audio rip plz?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Is that the same as I Am The One from the demo reel or different? If so, where was that featured?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Wait, nevermind. I had it in my Misc folder which I forgot to put up as a screen shot -

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Wait, nevermind. I had it in my Misc folder which I forgot to put up as a screen shot -

Hey Ryan, you think it would be possible to grab the Linoleum EP, Demo Reel, and Misc Tracks off ya? I lost these when my old computer friend... my whole music collection and 3 years worth of my own music production POOF! Gone... Now I know to back EVERYTHING up. Lesson learned.
    I have The Attractions To All Things Uncertain, 2AM Wake Up Call, & And Then There's Nothing in FLAC as well as Call Time In Eternity in 320 MP3.
    But I would love to get these other tunes if that's cool with you. I would be totally grateful. I have a Dropbox.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Hey Ryan, you think it would be possible to grab the Linoleum EP, Demo Reel, and Misc Tracks off ya? I lost these when my old computer friend... my whole music collection and 3 years worth of my own music production POOF! Gone... Now I know to back EVERYTHING up. Lesson learned.
    I have The Attractions To All Things Uncertain, 2AM Wake Up Call, & And Then There's Nothing in FLAC as well as Call Time In Eternity in 320 MP3.
    But I would love to get these other tunes if that's cool with you. I would be totally grateful. I have a Dropbox.

Do you have the vocal version of Swamp and the other bonus tracks I have listed for TATATU?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Do you have the vocal version of Swamp and the other bonus tracks I have listed for TATATU?
    No, I just have the regular 13 track version of the album. Didn't realize you had extra tracks listed on yours.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    No, I just have the regular 13 track version of the album. Didn't realize you had extra tracks listed on yours.
    Two of the three appear on the Linoleum EP, so I'll just up the vocal version of Swamp.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Two of the three appear on the Linoleum EP, so I'll just up the vocal version of Swamp.
    Nice! Thanks so much!

I always wanted to see a tour with Tweaker / Meat Beat Manifesto/ Front Line Assembly... that would be an amazing line up to experience all in a single show.
    Plus, all three artists have released their latest stuff thru Metropolis Records... so they all have that connection with each other.
    Throw in another Metropolis artist like Juno Reactor and you'll have yourself an even more epic/industrially diverse night.
    who do we have to contact and beg for that to happen? :P

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    I recorded pretty damned good audio of Tweaker's sets when they were opening for Skinny Puppy at The Vic back in '04 but seem to have misplaced the minidiscs somewhere in the course of the past decade since then.

It's been KILLING me not knowing where they are but I almost never throw anything out and I've found just about every other minidisc I'd thought was gone forever, so I haven't lost all hope yet.

It still drives me crazy, though.

:-\

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    I recorded pretty damned good audio of Tweaker's sets when they were opening for Skinny Puppy at The Vic back in '04 but seem to have misplaced the minidiscs somewhere in the course of the past decade since then.

It's been KILLING me not knowing where they are but I almost never throw anything out and I've found just about every other minidisc I'd thought was gone forever, so I haven't lost all hope yet.

It still drives me crazy, though.

:-\

That's a pain. I've always wondered what Nick Young sounds like on all the tracks (he almost sounds like a woman on Sleepwalking Away), and how Microsize Boy sounds differently as a live arrangement.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Matt no longer has the 2am DVD. Does anyone here by any chance? And could you perhaps rip the audio (DVD Audio Extractor) so I can hear the different mixes?

Cheers in advance.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Does anyone have a copy of the Microsize Boy demo that was posted (for freeeeeeee) on the official Tweaker site aaaaaages ago? Just went hunting for that in my collection (I remember loving the non-altered vocals) and just realized I don't have it anymore.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    ^ I have it, can get it to you tomorrow:

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    If we want to be all-encompassing, there's also the American McGee's Alice OST, or as I like to call it, Chris' very own Quake.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    If we want to be all-encompassing, there's also the American McGee's Alice OST, or as I like to call it, Chris' very own Quake.
    Man, I really wish Chris would release an expanded version of the Alice OST because there's quite a few tracks, if I remember, that weren't included. plus I think some tracks have different variations. I ripped them from my copy of the game, but they're only 128kbps mp3s. Better than nothing, I guess. I wonder though if the remastered version of the game that came with Madness Returns has higher quality files?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    Does anyone have a copy of the Microsize Boy demo that was posted (for freeeeeeee) on the official Tweaker site aaaaaages ago? Just went hunting for that in my collection (I remember loving the non-altered vocals) and just realized I don't have it anymore.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/4fif77

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Thank you!!!