Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Mantra (from Sound City)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I heard it last night... it's fucking awesome. I hope Trent is in the new QOSTA album.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I heard it last night... it's fucking awesome. I hope Trent is in the new QOSTA album.
    Good news.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    Why did they have to remind me of the unreleased Year Zero song with Josh Homme vocals? I remember before it came out Josh Homme said it was beautiful.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I always thought that the song was just In This Twilight? Unless I'm remembering things incorrectly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    I always thought that the song was just In This Twilight? Unless I'm remembering things incorrectly.
    Hmm... it could have been. The interview isn't really that specific.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Exclusive Mantra video on Rolling Stone with multiple-angle view: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/vi...tudio-20130307

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laci View Post
    Exclusive Mantra video on Rolling Stone with multiple-angle view: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/vi...tudio-20130307
    this is pretty much what I've been waiting on. Didn't know if it would exist due to them only being 3 guys but no vox or guitar will do. I can play over it and sing to it for fun now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I could listen to Trent just play keyboard for an hour. Huge smile from him at the end.

I kept daydreaming of Bowie doing some vocals with them.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    That guy at the mixing board is shedding some tears, isn't he? At least he should have the biggest boner of his live while witnessing such utter beauty! While I really enjoy the soundtrack version, this is the one I was hoping for to hear!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I actually found that pretty boring to watch. If it had been edited to not be the full-length track (which obviously goes against the point of the video) then I probably would've got into it more. But, considering the song's eight minutes, the vocals really help make it. And the guitar, too.

But seriously, I'm pretty sure two full minutes of that video was the same thing over and over again because the vocals weren't there.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    I actually found that pretty boring to watch. If it had been edited to not be the full-length track (which obviously goes against the point of the video) then I probably would've got into it more. But, considering the song's eight minutes, the vocals really help make it. And the guitar, too.

But seriously, I'm pretty sure two full minutes of that video was the same thing over and over again because the vocals weren't there.
    Yeah, I like the song, but this bare-bones version for 7 minutes is just too much.

I daydreamed of 3 different versions of the song being released, each with lead vocals from each of the 3.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Talk about defusing the buzz around Mantra by releasing this half baked demo through Rolling Stone. I'm sure there's a full video (with vocals) in the works... at least I hope.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    1080p version of the video on the official Sound City Movie channel:

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Apparently I'm blind, and missed the full version with vocals posted on here and on youtube.

God. This is just the song you'd expect to come from these three dudes. It's just dripping with Grohl/Homme/Reznor.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I was unable to rip the video of the "stripped" version from the rollingstone website. Could anyone please help? Or upload it (or just the audio).

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by totom; 03-09-2013 at 04:54 PM. Reason: thanking

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This might be my favourite thing Trent's been involved in since NIN went away. Fucking amazing. That moment at 5:46 when Trent comes in with a couple of ahhhhh, ahhhhs is just about the most sublime thing I've heard in yonks.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trains View Post
    This might be my favourite thing Trent's been involved in since NIN went away.
    So, since October '11?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    here's the instrumental mp3 ripped from youtube:

http://www.mediafire.com/?xvbyewb7avtojye

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laci View Post
    1080p version of the video on the official Sound City Movie channel:
    That was awesome! Was anyone else reminded a little bit of the song Beside You In Time when Trent starts that keyboard part around 4:56? I really want to see this documentary!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Has anyone synced the finished song to the above video? I'd be happy to do that id no one has yet, but I wanted to check first. I didn't see anything on YouTube.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Imagine these guys made a full album??? Well while I'm imagining, lets throw in Maynard for good measure..

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_k_f View Post
    Imagine these guys made a full album??? Well while I'm imagining, lets throw in Maynard for good measure..
    If that really happened, then we'd all die. Yet, in a happy way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Best song of Reel To Reel for sure. Though my favorite song with Trent (non nin) is Kalopsia!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    ...and then you're treading dangerously close to Tapeworm territory.
    I know I know... lol