Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: How Long (New Song and Video)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The Reddit and Facebook comments piss me off.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trains View Post
    Really good song, quite different from anything off An Omen. I like the harmonies a lot, Q's at her best on this track. Though I have to admit, I hear this song every time I listen to it:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    reddit is a website literally ran and posted on by paedophiles and misogynists, who gives a fuck what they think

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm still not tired of hearing the swarmatron - these guys keep finding interesting uses for that instrument. Sounds great on "How long?"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The video is brilliant. Loving the part where the shirtless guy waves in the background. Really takes the crazy cake right there. Adore the effect they used on all the eyes aswell. This has to be my favorite HTDA music video so far. I really hope they have more for us

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthebear View Post
    reddit is a website literally ran and posted on by paedophiles and misogynists, who gives a fuck what they think
    This really is not the case, I think you may be generalizing too much. That being said, the Reddit crowd seems more in favor of NIN than HTDA. Still, while an understandable comparison, music is pretty different and most akin to Year Zero, which is pretty different than NIN's body of work.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Pieces Form the Whole! (The Social Network)!! That's what the ending reminds me off! It killed me all day, couldn't put my finger on what it was.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Re: How Long (New Song and Video)

Quote Originally Posted by kenthebear View Post
    This might be the single dumbest thing I've ever read on all of the Internet. Reddit is one of the largest communities on the Web, so odds are more than a few commenters are neither paedophiles nor misogynists.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Finally, finally, finally. I was wonder how long I could keep holding on to hope that HTDA would put out a song worth listening to. Thankfully, it was limited to today.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The video was thought-provoking. I hated that guy for what he did, and kept thinking how he'd feel if the old woman was murdered and had their supplies stolen while he was away.

Quote Originally Posted by Magtig View Post
    YES. ACE FREHLEY LEAD GUITAHHHHH

Edit: wait, that's not really Ace Frehley. You still get points for reminding me of his first solo album, though.
    Last edited by FernandoDante; 01-31-2013 at 10:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theperfectdruga View Post
    Finally, finally, finally. I was wonder how long I could keep holding on to hope that HTDA would put out a song worth listening to. Thankfully, it was limited to today.
    My thoughts exactly. Great track! First one I really enjoyed since The Space In Between.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    this song blows the whole omen ep out the water imo. still not fully sold on the vocals/lyrics tho...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Also, I can't stop listening to this song. On the first listen it might sound too poppy for a song involving Trent Reznor, but when you listen to it a few times, the darkness reveals itself. It's catchy, but it's also moody at the same time.
    that's been TR's secret weapon all along, even if we didn't realize it...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Okay - I try to avoid cross referencing NIN & HTDA but ...

I got my mark, see it in my eyes (Glowing eyes?)
    Last edited by snaapz; 02-03-2013 at 01:27 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    P.S. - 'Fool on the hill' by The Beatles is an interesting listen after watching this HTDA video...

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Wow, I really really dislike it. Both song and video. While I like the tone and colors of the alot (and there are some great shots no doubt) I absolutely don't get it and it is nothing I would watch over and over again. I did so anyway, but it just did not click with me.

The song? Way too Year Zero'ish for me and I kind of wished he would not go down that route again as it is my least favorite NIN album. I just prefer drone guitars and some hart hitting beats like on their first EP and in parts on an omen, but how long is really not my cup of tea. The chorus is too poppy for my taste and once I came to term with Q's vocals they totally put me off on this one. If they decide to realse multitracks for this, they surely will dofor a some nice remixes.

It's weird with HTDA. I really want to like it and I can see some things I think are absolutely excellent (can't get enough of the swarmatron either and that's why I adore BBB), but I really don't know where they are heading with this project. This is the first time I've been really underwhelmed by a Reznor project. And I'm constantly surprised how opinions differ with this band on ets. Very interesting, but sadly I can't join in with the "fans" although there are some stellar HDA songs by now. But yeah, goal accomplished as HDA is a pretty fresh and new outfit for TR.

A thing that I have to disagree with though is the artwork. Rob did a fantastic job with it and while the glitch-art is fairly familair by now I can't get enough of it.

Anyway, I'm still looking forward to the live shows as I'm sure Trent has some neat tricks up his sleeves once again whether the perfromances will be stripped down or full blown with lots of imagery.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I really like this video! The song is way more pop than I had expected, but it's nice to hear MQ's voice when she's not whispering.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have to say I was a bit dissapointed by the last video, so this one was refreshing to me.
    I LOVED the whole feel of the video and the vastness of it all.
    I'm still not on board 100% with the song, I do love the harmony on it and the great use of Mariqueens vocals.
    I love the sound of her voice and love how crisp and clear it is.
    I do agree its a bit poppy for me, I tended to love the first EP with its heavier on electro-dancy flavour.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Can I express my annoyance that the iTunes/spotify for the new track is back to just "How to Destroy Angels"? Not "How to destroy angels_" PICK SOMETHING

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    first internet law: you shall not read the comments

awesome song, unfitting yet thought provoking video

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Good thing about working for a music blog? Plugging the things you love! Today I featured the song as our 'Song of the Day' :
    http://ourvinyl.com/how-to-destroy-angels-how-long/

If you guys do decide to go over there, it'd be cool if you clicked "like" on the post. It not only shows support for covering this music on the site, it also makes me and my music choices look good to the bosses.
    Last edited by The Doctor; 02-01-2013 at 01:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I sadly only hear Chumbawamba when her vocals kick in - the music isn't terrible, but it's pretty basic - bring on the rest of the album!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    "How Long?" didn't grab me like some of the tracks from An omen; however I'm excited to know this LP will be all over the place in terms of style. Given the similar tone, yet stylistic differences between Keep it Together, Ice Age, On a Wing, How Long? and The Loop Closes, I can only anticipate more surprises.

Colour me eager for March!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So will those guys in the video eat his head as well?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I totally fucking dig this track. Can't get it out of my head.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbron View Post
    I totally fucking dig this track. Can't get it out of my head.
    Me too. Between this and Ice Age I'm really hoping they keep going more and more towards pop. I'd love to see Trent alienate his narrow-minded goths.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    How Long? About 6 inches.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Me too. Between this and Ice Age I'm really hoping they keep going more and more towards pop. I'd love to see Trent alienate his narrow-minded goths.
    He can still work in a 'fist fuck' into a pop song though right?!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I thought that too. Fuck those people.. they act like NIN only made hardcore industrial songs.. I love the pop stuff from Trent.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    I must admit, after listening to this song a couple of times, it's grows and it's a strong instrumental based song. The sound and mix is awesome. All those little details. Quality!