Page 13 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails 2013 tour

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Hey I was watching TV and it glitched slightly.

ARG?
    You think Trent would be that obvious? I would be more convinced if you hadn't seen the glitch. That would mean Trent is saving up all the glitches for an epic YZ2 release. Either way, can you share the FLAC recording of that glitch with everyone?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    I wonder if there might be an increased capacity for covers with the new lineup, as part of the "re-focusing." I know that doesn't actually make a lot of sense; I just think it'd be cool for them to do a Jane's Addiction or King Crimson cover once in a while, maybe interpolate parts of songs by those bands into NIN tracks. Just spitballing here, really.
    interpolation, maybe...but it'd be kind of hard to "cover" jane's addiction with perry, or king crimson without robert fripp.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    interpolation, maybe...but it'd be kind of hard to "cover" jane's addiction with perry, or king crimson without robert fripp.
    Uh, no it wouldn't. That's what makes it a cover, having different band members.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    I am also looking forward to the reopening of the Tour Journal! I used to keep an eye on those after every show, to see what was played and hear everyone's experience. I miss those days!
    That's the very reason I want to try and hit up the very first NIN show on this tour, as I am TERRIBLE with not looking at that!
    When the NIN tour journal reopens, I sit and refresh the page like a fool waiting for the setlist, completly RUINING the experience for me.

As for tours like the 2005 [With_Teeth] arena tour, the setlist didn't really change at all, so by the time the show hit the city(s) I was planning on attending, the setlist was ruined and I could pretty much call out the next song as it happened.

However, I like how he did wave goodbye, as there was no way of predicting what would be played each night, it was different all the time!

I kinda regret only catching 1 show on that tour now given the setlist changed so drasticly night to night.
    I have a feeling this tour is either going to go 1 of 2 ways... Especially with Adrian announcing the rehearsals are going to be 3 months long...

1) Every night is going to be the same, Fragility 3.0, huge production value, everything needs to be perfectly in sync with the visuals.
    2) They will change up the setlist every night to accomodate 3 months worth of rehersals.

I'm more so leaning towards point number 1 there, I think they are going to have a set setlist each night, asside from the festivals they play.

Speaking of festivals, what is with all the random festivals popping up saying NIN is playing them? Are they just getting their hopes up that Trent sees it and they offer him enough coin for him to join their festival? As last time I checked, the only reasonable "date" that makes sense is the Lollapalooza date.

If Adrian is right and rehearsals start in May and they take 3 mths, they will not be starting before August, sooo... Opening up for Lolla makes sense and then kicking into an arena tour right after... Kinda what they did during Lights In The Sky... The opened up at the pemberton Festival in Pemberton, BC Canada ( I was there) and then the next night then went to Seattle and played their full LITS getup. So Pemberton got jipped of the usual set for the rest of the tour and we got a short "festival" friendly set.

So, that's my guess so far. I'm guessing they're gonna open Lolla and then start the area tour in the US for August, September, October and probably end with Voodoo in November. probably taking little 2 week breaks or so so Trent (and the others) can regroup with their familys before starting another leg.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails 2013 tour

Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    but it'd be kind of hard to "cover" jane's addiction with perry
    Yeah, I think that's why Eric left after the NINJA tour.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Lemme add some random speculation.
    - Possible new NIN album/definite tour
    - New Bowie album

THINK ABOUT IT.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I can see Bowie joining Trent and company for maybe 1 show, kinda like Manson did back in 2000 in NYC at madison Sq gardens, but I can't see Bowie joining forces for a full blown tour. I don't think he could keep up with the crazy NIN schedule.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I second this.

I also don't think I dig the idea of this incarnation of NIN doing Jane's Addiction or King Crimson covers.

Maybe a KC cover could possibly work, but I'm not sure I'd want to hear them tackle anything JA related. That's just me though maybe.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustDave View Post
    Living in western new york, I've found concerts to be a great excuse for travel.
    I swear, if he stops in Buffalo NOW, NOW that I've moved away, after waiting through 05-09 of constant touring...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I was at work when the news broke. I am quite excited. Belew should be an interesting addition. I have a feeling we are about to get blown away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    I swear, if he stops in Buffalo NOW, NOW that I've moved away, after waiting through 05-09 of constant touring...
    Yeah, they came to rochester once and toronto pretty much every tour. I doubt he would come here, but it will be a pleasant surprise if he does. I plan on traveling to toronto, cleveland or nyc...etc

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NINisamazing View Post
    Yeah, they came to rochester once and toronto pretty much every tour. I doubt he would come here, but it will be a pleasant surprise if he does. I plan on traveling to toronto, cleveland or nyc...etc
    My first time to Toronto and Hamilton were for those shows.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NINisamazing View Post

Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    My first time to Toronto and Hamilton were for those shows.
    Do you guys get yelled at as much coming up as we get yelled at for going down?

Goddamn, I hate crossing the boarder...
    The US are lucky, they have so many options on where to go for a "weekend getaway" a shit ton of major citys all at their finger tips 3-4 hours in any direction...
    Closest major Canadian city to each other major city is a good 10-13 hour drive in any direction, lol.

Unless you are Toronto and Montreal, they got it pretty well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So I think I just died..

Yesterday I didn't think they would't even come to Europe this year but this morning I read in the news paper that they will be part of a new festival 4 miles from where I live. Together with Tenacious D, Deftones, System of a Down. I truly think I can die after this.

http://www.morgenweb.de/region/mannh...-heim-1.928861

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post

The US are lucky, they have so many options on where to go for a "weekend getaway" a shit ton of major citys all at their finger tips 3-4 hours in any direction...
    Closest major Canadian city to each other major city is a good 10-13 hour drive in any direction, lol.

Unless you are Toronto and Montreal, they got it pretty well.
    Yeah, most my NIN shows were within 4 hours, but I did take an 11 hour bus ride to 2 shows.
    We weren't the first car going up from the area for those shows, so the guard saw us (how we looked, our NIN shirts, etc) and actually asked "you guys going up to the show today?"

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    So the tour's due to start August/September. I wonder which date will fall on my birthday.
    I'm confused...does your birthday normally change dates?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I made the mistake of going over the official nin.com forums just to see what people were saying there about the tour announcement, and let's just say I came back here faster than a speeding bullet. Remind me not to do that again, ever. mmkay?

I don't understand why the 2 boards differ so drastically in well constructed posts. I mean, we are talking about the same band here, are we not?

Going over to nin.com forums is like reading through the FB posts when Trent posts something. It's all mindless dribble.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    A quick nin.com experience for you guys who don't want to visit:

"OMG, TRENT I LOVE YOU COME TO MY CITY"

"I'M SO EXCITED THIS IS AWESOME"

"I ONLY WRITE IN CAPS"

"TRENT ARE YOU COMING TO MY CITY YET"

*insert a million reaction gifs here*

The Land of polar bears. And Berlin, every now and then
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    (What a perfect thread for me to get rid of my ETS virginity - finally!)

I'd rather see NIN play in (Northern) Europe in 2014, and frankly, those European festival dates in August worry me a bit... Ok, I will be there if that's really going to happen, but I don't even want to know how many plans I'd have to cancel.

But THEN on the other hand... fuck it. This is going to be worth it.

(PS. Seems like NIN just made Instagram account? Rehearsal pics, I can feel 'em!)

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DistantSamantha View Post
    those European festival dates in August worry me a bit...

But THEN on the other hand... fuck it. This is going to be worth it.
    See, they worry me as well as I was hoping to catch the first "NIN is back" show of 2013, as long as A) It was on shore (North America) and B) Not a festival.

It's not the traveling part I am worried about, it's the fact that 1 show abroad would probably cost close to $2000-3000, where for that same amount I could do 2 weeks worth of shows in the USA.

And, I just don't like festival NIN, in fact... I dispise festival NIN. Out of all the times i've seen NIN live, I have only seen them at a festival once, and it wasn't as good as seeing a full blown NIN arena show. So, if the first months worth of shows happen to be festivals, count me out until the Arena tour.
    So, it wouldn't be worth it. Not in my opinion... between a full blown NIN headlining show and an arena show, it's not worth it to see NIN play for half the set time they should actually be getting.

If they do plan on hitting festivals first, maybe they will do a few warm up gigs around LA to get back into the swing of things first. I'd hit those up.

The Land of polar bears. And Berlin, every now and then
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So, it wouldn't be worth it. Not in my opinion... between a full blown NIN headlining show and an arena show, it's not worth it to see NIN play for half the set time they should actually be getting.
    You've got a point there. If a festival date is the "only" thing we're given... Germany it is, then. (Although NIN DID play here in 2007 both arena and festival... fingers crossed.)

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I wonder how Radiohead always get a festival slot that's only 1-2 songs shorter than their usual show? (22-23 instead of 24-25)
    And why can't NIN do the same?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatBelow View Post
    So I think I just died..

Yesterday I didn't think they would't even come to Europe this year but this morning I read in the news paper that they will be part of a new festival 4 miles from where I live. Together with Tenacious D, Deftones, System of a Down. I truly think I can die after this.

http://www.morgenweb.de/region/mannh...-heim-1.928861
    HAHAHA, these people just created a new band in the NIN-Universe

Quote Originally Posted by morgenweb
    Trent Reznors, Nine Inch Nails
    The Trent Reznors, everybody!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Are we taking bets (friendly only - no cash here) as to whether the tour will be an open taping policy?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Are we taking bets (friendly only - no cash here) as to whether the tour will be an open taping policy?
    I'd be surprised if it's not.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Well on the Quebec end where I used to cross all the time we do not at all get yelled at for coming up. We get the same as you, yelled at for coming back down. It's the US patrol. I've found the Canadian patrol to be very friendly and welcoming each time I've crossed. The US generally are surly and want nothing more than for you to answer and do everything they ask of you. Basically, don't mess around. All I can say to you is, I'm sorry. I can only hope it gets better.
    Last edited by sentient02970; 02-26-2013 at 07:09 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DistantSamantha View Post
    those European festival dates in August worry me a bit...)
    Same. I really, really don't want to have to subject myself to going to Leeds Festival now that I'm above the age of 16.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthebear View Post
    Same. I really, really don't want to have to subject myself to going to Leeds Festival now that I'm above the age of 16.
    I've been checking out festival forums a fair bit as I will be in Europe later this year, and there is a heap of speculation that NIN will headline the NME tent at Reading/Leeds. Not the usual posters who only joined recently, but ones with 10,000 posts etc. Also started last week before the official announcement from TR. So I would say it's looking likely.

Also, German festival confirmed and tickets on sale (I think? My German is somewhat lacking.....)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Eminem and Biffy Clyro are the headliners for Reading/Leeds the Third and final Headliner has yet to be announced. Maybe TR was asking them to wait.

I think NIN are too big for the radio 1 tent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Okay, Rock'n'Heim is confirmed: http://www.rock-n-heim.com/

I REALLY hope there will be side shows...