Page 89 of 99 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,670 of 2970

Thread: Nine Inch Nails 2013 tour

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    i'm expecting that the tour is going to have a very static setlist, since that has been the case with the past NIN arena tours for new albums, and in particular since this is going to be such a high-production tour. (source: http://www.setlist.fm/stats/nine-inc...-1bd6a5bc.html) . . . now that i realize the "NEW" songs in the list above are part of the static list, that looks pretty realistic.

i'd be surprised if Disappointed wasn't part of the fixed setlist, considering the work that was put into it. and, frankly, if it isn't, i'd be pretty . . . (no) . . . dis- . . . (NO!) . . . dissatisfied.

from what we've seen recently, i'm guessing that TDTWWA is also going to be standard. maybe something from Ghosts or TGWTDT, also. Sanctified, i'm less sure about. it might have just been a special festival tour thing, and there'll be something similar done with a different old track for this tour.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    now that i realize the "NEW" songs in the list above are part of the static list, that looks pretty realistic.

i'd be surprised if Disappointed wasn't part of the fixed setlist, considering the work that was put into it. and, frankly, if it isn't, i'd be pretty . . . (no) . . . dis- . . . (NO!) . . . dissatisfied.

from what we've seen recently, i'm guessing that TDTWWA is also going to be standard. maybe something from Ghosts or TGWTDT, also. Sanctified, i'm less sure about. it might have just been a special festival tour thing, and there'll be something similar done with a different old track for this tour.
    I would agree that TDTWWA will probably become a staple, probably in the Encore section of the set. I could also see Disappointed being a staple, but then that is almost every single song from Hesitation Marks played (I think I named everything except Various Methods, Satellite, Running and Eater of Dreams, and he never usually plays more than 7 new songs per supporting tour for new album.

When you look at the With_Teeth arena tour there were 7-8 songs played from that album on average per night (Love is not enough, You know what you are?, RWIB, BYIT, TLBTB, The collector (not always played), Only, THTF.

The Year Zero tour - Hard to judge this one, there was preformance 2007 overseas. But they only played 5-6 songs there. It wasn't until LITS where most of the Year Zero songs started to be played, and by that time he was debuting new songs for The Slip/Ghosts. So this is a hard era to compare.

LITS - supporting Ghosts and The Slip (2 albums) 10-11 songs form these abums per night. usually about 4 rotating ghosts songs and the rest from the Slip (999,999, 1,000,000, letting you, head down, discipline, echoplex and sometimes Corona Radiata).

So, if Hesitation marks has 14 songs, I can see 7-8 songs making the cut. There will no doubt about it be a huge epic middle piece in the show, like the Eraser/BYIT/RWIB for the With_Teeth tour and the Ghosts section for LITS.

I'm guessing it will have The Mark Has Been Made / I would for you / In Two / la Mer /

And yeah, when ya think about it, the list I posted has 10 songs under the "static" section and 9 songs under the "new songs" section, that makes up 19 songs there. that's almost a full set. I bet the full set will be about 23 songs long, which will have room for about 4 rotating slots.

Here is my attempt at a Tension 2013 setlist:

1. (Intro) / Eater Of Dreams
    2. Copy Of A
    3. Terrible Lie
    4. Came Back Haunted
    5. SICHN (Rotaing song slot)
    6. Becoming
    7. Everything
    8. All Time Low
    9. March Of The Pigs
    10. Gave Up
    ---------
    START OF EPIC MIDDLE PIECE
    11. The Mark Has Been Made
    12. I would for you
    13. In Two
    14. La Mer
    ------------------
    15. Wish
    16. THTF
    17. Survivalism
    18. I'm Afraid Of Americans (rotating song slot)
    19. Suck (rotating song slot)
    20. While I'm still here / Black Noise
    --------------------------------
    ENCORE:
    21. TDTWWA
    22. Vessel (rotating song slot)
    23. HLAH
    Last edited by ManBurning; 09-13-2013 at 04:32 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I could also see Disappointed being a staple, but then that is almost every single song from Hesitation Marks played (I think I named everything except Various Methods, Satellite, Running and Eater of Dreams, and he never usually plays more than 7 new songs per supporting tour for new album.
    damnit! that makes sense. and now i realize that i am/was hoping to see almost every HM song live. :-/ guess there'll be something else to look forward to in later tours/legs.

why does he have to play all those "hits"? . . j/k!!!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    and now i realize that i am/was hoping to see almost every HM song live.
    And I think I was being EXTREMELY generious by including I would for you, In Two and While I'm Still here/Black noise ALL in the set. I bet one of those will be omitted, those songs (especailly In Two) seem like there is ALOT of shit going on in them, and might be hard to pull off live. Although, that is the most epic part of the album (those 3 songs together), so it almost makes sense they will be placed somewhere in the set.

It's hard to say what will/will not show up. Guess we'll find out next Saturday/Sunday (Sept 21-22) for those of us with no self control and will spoil the set for ourselves when someone leaks the set from the LA rehearsal show. I'm still not sure if I should look at the set or not... My shows aren't til November, and I want to be surprised, but waiting 2 months is torture.

Who attending Tension 2013 dates this year are planning on NOT reading the setlists before they go? I bet everyone attending the shows in the first week will say they will wait, but i'm willing to bet anyone waiting for a show in November will NOT be able to wait that long. Dammit, sometimes it SUCKS being a hardcore NIN fan. I know damn well my girlfriend and most of my friends (who are all attending tension shows with me) will not be running to the internet to check the setlist. Most of them don't give a fuck, they all like NIN... But they aren't "Run to the internet to check the setlist of a live show" kinda people. I wish I was more like that...
    Last edited by ManBurning; 09-13-2013 at 04:54 PM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    I do have a slight fear that if I would for you, in two, all time low and sattelite are included they will be missing something that I genuinely like about these songs. I'm pretty sure they can be pulled off in a great way but the fear is still there.

Guess the songs we already got to hear will remain in the set. I also doubt that they had time to rehearse many more tracks so a set including most of what has been already played during the festival leg is very likely. A mix of the generic festival set and the two intimate shows is what will go down probably with a few additions added (2-3 HM songs and 2-3 oldies).

The more I think about it, the more I want songs like down in it and get down make love to return.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    My guesses from Hesitation Marks:
    Copy Of A, Came Back Haunted, Find My Way, Disappointed, Everything, Satellite, In Two, While I'm Still Here.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I would personally love a static section of the concert to be: All Time Low / Where Is Everybody / 10 Miles High.
    That would be EPIC.

Never gonna happen though, heh.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I am sorry ManBurning but there is no way Closer and Hurt are not played every night. Hurt isn't even on your list. I mean come on. I would prefer something other then Hurt but I just don't see it not being there.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I'd be surprised if All Time Low doesn't work its way into regular rotation. Trent seems very happy with it, everyone raves about it, it's got great energy and a nice transitional ending, and the high-note section could be performed with backing vox.

Regarding the Hesitation Marks songs that've been performed live so far, in my opinion Find My Way is a perfect fit and has more atmosphere than on the record, and Disappointed is a song that didn't translate well at all. I was very surprised with how much I loved the studio version, after it'd become a skipped track for me on the live feeds.
    I prefer Came Back Haunted in studio as well, the second half drags on quite a bit and it's harder to differentiate the subtler changes of that section in the live mix.
    Copy Of A just plain rocks. Bring in Rebecca Black to cover it with an all-banjo-and-bagpipes band (new genre?), and I think I'd still be hooked.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    I'd be surprised if All Time Low doesn't work its way into regular rotation. Trent seems very happy with it, everyone raves about it, it's got great energy and a nice transitional ending, and the high-note section could be performed with backing vox.

Regarding the Hesitation Marks songs that've been performed live so far, in my opinion Find My Way is a perfect fit and has more atmosphere than on the record, and Disappointed is a song that didn't translate well at all. I was very surprised with how much I loved the studio version, after it'd become a skipped track for me on the live feeds.
    I prefer Came Back Haunted in studio as well, the second half drags on quite a bit and it's harder to differentiate the subtler changes of that section in the live mix.
    Copy Of A just plain rocks. Bring in Rebecca Black to cover it with an all-banjo-and-bagpipes band (new genre?), and I think I'd still be hooked.
    "Copy of a" flat out kicks ass, and Trent seems to sing it "angrier" live than the studio version. When I logged onto Spotify yesterday it was NIN's #2 song- not sure exactly what that means but I think it's reached even past the casual fan and IMHO should've been the first single.

I'm not that big on HM quite yet (time will tell), but that song already feels like classic NIN to me. Might be my favorite post The Fragile.

EDIT: If it's got a down side as a live song, it might be that it's not quite an "anthem". Something that's kind of hard, or harder, to sing along to unlike HLAH, MOTP, etc.
    Last edited by Krazy; 09-13-2013 at 06:14 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The Eater of Dreams into Mr. Self Destruct to open a show would be awesome. Infact, I bet Eater of Dreams ends up being the opener for most shows like 999,999 was on the Lights In The Sky tour.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Star View Post
    I am sorry ManBurning but there is no way Closer and Hurt are not played every night. Hurt isn't even on your list. I mean come on. I would prefer something other then Hurt but I just don't see it not being there.
    You are forgetting something very, very, very important... 1) Closer went a whole tour without being played between Dec. 13, 2008 and August 5, 2009 known as the NINJA / Wave Goodbye tour. This may shock you, but it was not played at all then.

What ALSO might shock you, 2) it was not played at Troubadour recently in Hollywood.

You would be surprised how much that song gets omitted from the set. This is just my personal prediction. I think he wants to start staying away from that song personally. He's a 48 year old man with a wife and 2 kids. you expect him to be singing about "fucking you like an animal" still?

Now, I'll agree with you, omitting "Closer" and "Hurt" was a bit selfish on my part, one of those WILL be played, guarenteed. I would lean more towards Hurt at this point based on the trend of Closer on recent tours. Actually, after looking at the trend for "Hurt", it will definatly be in there. Closer, not so much.

EDIT: Hell, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if the first half of the show is ALL "TDS" songs and then the second half is ALL Hesitation Marks songs. He seems to like comparing those 2 albums so much, maybe he'll create some sort of a live show about someone who thinks they are invincible, falls a victim of substance abuse, trys to "hurt" themself, then an upwards battle of bouncing back and becoming strong again, ending the concert with "Everything"
    Last edited by ManBurning; 09-13-2013 at 06:38 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    As far back as Dissonance, he tried replacing it with Closer to God but it didn't last. I was one of the lucky few though.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    As far back as Dissonance, he tried replacing it with Closer to God but it didn't last. I was one of the lucky few though.
    Yeah, he's always tried to "re-invent" that song, with the most recent stint being the Closer to the Only Time breakdown.
    Personally, i'd rather just have "The Only Time" in full at this point. The Closer to the only time breakdown has become so predictable, that when you hear the "regular" version of Closer it doesn't seem right.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Closer is better suited at the end of the set, or closing the show like it did during the Further Down The Spiral tour. When I say that, I mean Trent should bring back the full song with the second half being the awesome jam.

I'm hoping for The Only Time and Ringfinger to reappear, what with the re-release of Pretty Hate Machine coming out a few years ago, now would be a perfect time to welcome that back in. Ringfinger had some heavy guitar soloing in at the end that would be really cool to see live, especially with Robin's use of amp feedback.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Personally, i'd rather just have "The Only Time" in full at this point.
    No, thank you.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Yeah, he's always tried to "re-invent" that song, with the most recent stint being the Closer to the Only Time breakdown.
    Personally, i'd rather just have "The Only Time" in full at this point. The Closer to the only time breakdown has become so predictable, that when you hear the "regular" version of Closer it doesn't seem right.
    Closer still sounds right. But whenever I hear a non-live version of Hurt, after the "I would find a way" line I expect to hear "thank you!"

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    That's What I Get needs to return

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    You are forgetting something very, very, very important... 1) Closer went a whole tour without being played between Dec. 13, 2008 and August 5, 2009 known as the NINJA / Wave Goodbye tour. This may shock you, but it was not played at all then.
    Not trying to poop in your post because I know what your getting at, but 'Closer' was played during the Wave Goodbye shows. Without looking I know for a fact it was played in one of the Chicago nights, and The Downward Spiral was played from start to finish I think twice during the last of the shows.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't played at all during the NINJA tours though- someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Not trying to poop in your post because I know what your getting at, but 'Closer' was played during the Wave Goodbye shows. Without looking I know for a fact it was played in one of the Chicago nights, and The Downward Spiral was played from start to finish I think twice during the last of the shows.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't played at all during the NINJA tours though- someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
    Trent did his best to avoid playing it, but it crept into the last Wave Goodbye shows, probably because he thought "if I'm gonna quit for a while, I might as well play it once or twice."

Closer and Hurt have both been dropped at least a couple of times during the festival run, so they're not guaranteed.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

According to NIN Tour History, he played it at the very end of the tour for the International shows and through the Wave Goodbye shows only

2009-08-05 - Araneta Coliseum
    2009-08-07 - Summer Sonic Festival
    2009-08-10 - Fort Canning Park
    2009-08-23 - Webster Hall
    2009-08-28 - Aragon Ballroom
    2009-08-30 - Molson Amphitheater
    2009-09-02 - Hollywood Palladium

And even then, he didn't play it at the "last show."

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    He still hasn't played track 67 on Broken live yet.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    If they ever play The Perfect Drug live, instead of an actual drummer doing the drums, they should get Michael Winslow to do it with his voice.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

Nope, I used setlist.fm to verify my facts before posting. Before it's "Hiatus" it was last played on December 13th, 2008 at the Planet Hollywood resort and casino in Vegas and then never resurfaced until August 5, 2009 at the Araneta Coliseum in Manilia Philippines, despite the fact there were many shows in May, June and July in between.

Hell, closer was only played 12/16 shows on this 2013 festival run. Granted, 2 of those were "special" club preformances where it was omitted. The UK one and the LA one.
    He seems to skip out on Closer in the more intimate club setting (asside from those last few wave goodbye ones in September 2009).

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    According to NIN Tour History, he played it at the very end of the tour for the International shows and through the Wave Goodbye shows only

2009-08-05 - Araneta Coliseum
    2009-08-07 - Summer Sonic Festival
    2009-08-10 - Fort Canning Park
    2009-08-23 - Webster Hall
    2009-08-28 - Aragon Ballroom
    2009-08-30 - Molson Amphitheater
    2009-09-02 - Hollywood Palladium

And even then, he didn't play it at the "last show."
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Trent did his best to avoid playing it, but it crept into the last Wave Goodbye shows, probably because he thought "if I'm gonna quit for a while, I might as well play it once or twice."

Closer and Hurt have both been dropped at least a couple of times during the festival run, so they're not guaranteed.
    I should finish reading a thread before responding to something, both of you pretty much just wrote what I responded with, lol...
    I didn't need to back my own post up because you guys did it for me.

EDIT: This was supposed to be an EDIT to my direct post above this one, I apologize for the double post.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 09-14-2013 at 12:31 AM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Nope, I used setlist.fm to verify my facts before posting. Before it's "Hiatus" it was last played on December 13th, 2008 at the Planet Hollywood resort and casino in Vegas and then never resurfaced until August 5, 2009 at the Araneta Coliseum in Manilia Philippines, despite the fact there were many shows in May, June and July in between.

Hell, closer was only played 12/16 shows on this 2013 festival run. Granted, 2 of those were "special" club preformances where it was omitted. The UK one and the LA one.
    He seems to skip out on Closer in the more intimate club setting (asside from those last few wave goodbye ones in September 2009).
    Yup, my fault on that. Was looking at the 'Wave Goodbye' term rather than the dates you posted. It was played during the final shows in NY/Chi/LA shows. I've always considered the NINJA tour and festivals was seperate from those last shows... for whatever reason.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post

It's also really hard to play all of TDS without Closer

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

What ALSO might shock you, 2) it was not played at Troubadour recently in Hollywood.

You would be surprised how much that song gets omitted from the set. This is just my personal prediction. I think he wants to start staying away from that song personally. He's a 48 year old man with a wife and 2 kids. you expect him to be singing about "fucking you like an animal" still?

Now, I'll agree with you, omitting "Closer" and "Hurt" was a bit selfish on my part, one of those WILL be played, guarenteed. I would lean more towards Hurt at this point based on the trend of Closer on recent tours. Actually, after looking at the trend for "Hurt", it will definatly be in there. Closer, not so much.

EDIT: Hell, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if the first half of the show is ALL "TDS" songs and then the second half is ALL Hesitation Marks songs. He seems to like comparing those 2 albums so much, maybe he'll create some sort of a live show about someone who thinks they are invincible, falls a victim of substance abuse, trys to "hurt" themself, then an upwards battle of bouncing back and becoming strong again, ending the concert with "Everything"
    I was at the NINJA tour so I am well aware, however, that was his 2nd or maybe even 3rd time playing in those markets in the WT, YZ eras. With the new label and all the advertising geared to non die hards he is going to have a hard time leaving either one of these out. Is it possible? Yes, is it likely, in my opinion, no. We will hear soon enough.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moebius View Post
    It's also really hard to play all of TDS without Closer
    Well, if Trent and co. wouldn't even take the time to prepare the "proper" outro for the song...

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    I'm sorry ManBurning, but why do you think Terrible Lie is among the static ones? In 2009 he rotated it quite heavily (at least in Europe), and sadly, I got the "no terrible lie"-setlist. Well, I don't complain, cuz when I look back on the setlist, I'm still amazed I got to see and hear so many awesome stuff, but yeah, it wouldn't be surprising if he only played it every second show. Gave Up's absence from the shows wouldn't be that surprising either.

And what about Last? The Warning? Discipline\Echoplex? He's been playing some Ruiner every now and then as well.

About the new songs: I'd like to say I can't see VMOE not becoming a staple, but then again, I still don't understand how WIE and Sunspots were never even played live, let alone being there at almost every show...