Page 81 of 99 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,430 of 2970

Thread: Nine Inch Nails 2013 tour

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaned View Post
    In The Hand That Feeds at 2:20~

Although, it's the most lazy I've ever seen a mic get kicked over.

"Oh man, I've gotta kick that mic over right? Fuck, fiiiine..."
    lol Trent looks like a cat who just wants to knock shit down because its there.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    That is the most understated mic kick over I've ever seen him do.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I'm watching the Fuji show now and so far I'm not sure...Trent's voice is definitely showing his age. I loved "Copy of A," though. And MotP's guitars are INSANE.

However, what the hell happened to 1,000,000? That song sounded awful! Was Robin playing a heavily-digitized steel guitar? Yikes. The best part of that song used to be him rocking the fuck out and now it just needs to be retired. At least in the current form.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    How has no footage of Disappointed surfaced yet?! Dying to hear it.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails 2013 tour

Quote Originally Posted by Thaned View Post
    In The Hand That Feeds at 2:20~

Although, it's the most lazy I've ever seen a mic get kicked over.

"Oh man, I've gotta kick that mic over right? Fuck, fiiiine..."
    Tried watching that over 3G but the recompression made it lol tastic. I counted three trents at one point.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post

"Nothing can stop me now, cause I just don't care..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    However, what the hell happened to 1,000,000? That song sounded awful!.
    Unfortunately I agree with you. This used to be one of my favorite live tracks. What happened? Well, I know what happened... they scrapped guitars for synths which isn't always a great idea.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Is anyone else going to Belfast > Leeds > Reading?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thinking about Reading, it's just over an hour from me. Not sure yet though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm doing Leeds > Reading > Milan.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bowler_hat View Post
    I'm doing Leeds > Reading > Milan.
    I wanted to go to Milan so much. Stupid bills, ugh!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Mike Patton and Tomahawk are opening in Milan, which is sick

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emil Dorbell View Post
    Unfortunately I agree with you. This used to be one of my favorite live tracks. What happened? Well, I know what happened... they scrapped guitars for synths which isn't always a great idea.
    personally i think it sounded cool, like an electric chainsaw or something.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I have to agree with the disappointment on the new version of 1,000,000. The general electronic sound of the band threw me off on first listen, but the more I absorb the Fuji show, the more I'm loving it. The exception to that is 1,000,000. I just can't get over the synthy sound on that one particular song. It demands a guitar. But, whatever, I guess that's not going to happen this time around. I can sit through one subpar song version for a set of NIN goodness. Wasn't there a photo on twitter a while back from Josh with sheet music for The Becoming? I can't wait to hear what this band can do with that song.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguymark View Post
    I have to agree with the disappointment on the new version of 1,000,000. The general electronic sound of the band threw me off on first listen, but the more I absorb the Fuji show, the more I'm loving it. The exception to that is 1,000,000. I just can't get over the synthy sound on that one particular song. It demands a guitar. But, whatever, I guess that's not going to happen this time around. I can sit through one subpar song version for a set of NIN goodness. Wasn't there a photo on twitter a while back from Josh with sheet music for The Becoming? I can't wait to hear what this band can do with that song.
    It was a synth patch named "Becoming" I think.

As for 1,000,000, I like the synth. The only sort of odd thing I noticed is, if you watch the 2008 DVD with The Slip, or if you were at a LITS show, you would have been treated to Ally playing backup guitar in the song. As far as I can tell from Fuji, his parts are all there, but it's taped. I didn't notice Ally playing the guitar at all, come to think of it.

Not a big deal, but I like it when TR makes Cortini work like a dog.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguymark View Post
    I have to agree with the disappointment on the new version of 1,000,000. The general electronic sound of the band threw me off on first listen, but the more I absorb the Fuji show, the more I'm loving it. The exception to that is 1,000,000. I just can't get over the synthy sound on that one particular song. It demands a guitar.
    Oh my god I just listened to it, what the fuck did they do to that track?!?!

No bueno.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    Wait, what? I missed that, what song?
    He also HURLS the mic stand during "Piggy," at 1:00, although very nonchalantly.

Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 07-29-2013 at 06:39 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Josh Eustis is already my favourite bassist/whatever guy they've had in the band. Also, I'm scared because he's the first guy involved with NIN that I've found attractive. Haylp.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Is it bad that I saw that and thought nothing of it? I watch so much NIN I can almost predict his stage moves and intonations to the beat.
    It kicked ass when I was photoing them though, I knew the exact moments in songs where there were cool moves coming up.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I don't mind the new 1,000,000 but I can't help but notice I think Robin doesn't play the riff right in the chorus?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    He doesn't. Yet another reason I don't like this new version. :-/

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    FYI : I'm pretty sure the studio version of 1,000,000 is (for the most part) played on a synth too. That live arrangement is actually closer to the album version.
    I like it.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I want Robin's intro to Only back! i fucking loved that shit!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Josh Eustis is already my favourite bassist/whatever guy they've had in the band. Also, I'm scared because he's the first guy involved with NIN that I've found attractive. Haylp.
    That is one sexy bass line on "Sanctified".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wow, really not getting the hate for 1,000,000. I wasn't like crazy hyped up till i just saw that. In a strange way it seems more vital and aggressive than ever. So far i've only seen Only, Wish and The Good Soldier. I'm really not trying to see too much of the set but it was the best of the four. I'm officially closing my eyes to spoilers till the San Antonio date.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I want Robin's intro to Only back! i fucking loved that shit!
    I miss Aaron's intro. The "rock" version of Only is my favorite.

EDIT:

EDIT 2: after watching this, I miss the the ENTIRE "rock" version of this song.
    Last edited by klyrish; 07-29-2013 at 11:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _incoma_ View Post
    Wow, really not getting the hate for 1,000,000. I wasn't like crazy hyped up till i just saw that. In a strange way it seems more vital and aggressive than ever. So far i've only seen Only, Wish and The Good Soldier. I'm really not trying to see too much of the set but it was the best of the four. I'm officially closing my eyes to spoilers till the San Antonio date.
    Maybe it comes across differently when you watch it? I only listened to the track to avoid any visual spoilers and was just sad to see those guitars scrapped. We'll get used to it though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Its in here pal, just to clarify i'm not the uploader, and take no credit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hate to say this but I think I'd be happier if one million and only were removed from the setlist. I've always liked both songs but listening to the fuji recording I've found them both somewhat anticlimatic. On the other hand, never thought I'd say this but Me I'm not should be played in every show (I guess I could change my mind about the subject anytime )

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Disappointment sounds very Radiohead like, I think the thing that needs to change in the setlists the most is the last 5-6 songs, they've basically been the same since YZ came out, would be nice to see things changed around and have shows not end always with THTF/HLAH/Hurt etc.