Page 30 of 99 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails 2013 tour

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    I was doing some research about when they announced U.S. dates the last time there was a fall arena tour (2005) and it wasn't until the middle of June. I hope we don't have to wait that long this time around.
    I don't expect the dates to appear before HTDA are done their tour. I'm guessing the dates will be out mid to late May. Early June at the latest. dates usually pop up 3 months before the tour starts to get enough time for sales. Sooo June dates for a September tour would make sense.

I just really hope and pray the tour isn't in November... I don't want to use my vacation when it's cold and snowing outside. I was really hoping to rock and roll in the beauitiful United States sunshine this August-September... rather waste my 2013 vacation when it's not nice outside, haha. My girlfrend is already pissed at fuck that I keep pushing our vacation back. Originally I booked it for last week of April in case NIN's long awaited live return happened at Coachella, once that went out the window and NIN announced they would be starting in the summer, I booked off the last week of July and the last week of August... once again, I need to push those weeks back AGAIN probably to September/October now haha... I was really looking forward to partying in the sunshine and warmth too... goddamn do I ever hate cold weather *brrrrrrrr*!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Yeah, I remember some really cold days outside arenas in Montreal and Ottawa. I'd rather not do that again.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Of course the UK tour dates are when I'm on Honeymoon. To add insult to injury, the Leeds date (nearest to me) is on my birthday.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Plus, judging from past tours, if they tour in November, that gives you about a 25% chance that the concert you're attending will get rescheduled because Trent is definitely catching a cold somewhere in there.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    small pic of Trents on the cover of NME this week with a few other bands advertising the Reading Leeds festival small interview with him inside...i refuse to buy that rag... dont know if its online... he says they are gonna record couple new pieces with Adrian for greatest hits album which has been pushed back to 2014 and that there is no new album at this point. he says this tour will be less what people wants and more of what NIN is about he also says he always put Reading festival on a pedestal in the past and that the thing he remembers most about Uk festivals is usually the mud! and that NINhave not gone prog and it wont be too indulgent...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Here is the NME piece (well, a summary of it)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    To those talking about the NME stage… indeed, I'd much rather see NIN headline that than be half way down the bill mainstage. Heck I'd rather see them headline the NME tent, or any tent, then headline mainstage: the accoustics and atmosphere are FAR superior.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by assume2much View Post
    So, in a very demented way you are comparing one of the best rock drummers of today to a shitty wannabe rockstar pop punk bassist?
    christ you have literally the perfect username for your post

i want to print it out and stick it on my wall

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post

Quote Originally Posted by NME piece
    "The intention is to reconstruct songs based on this new instrumentation and only play songs we as a band feel good about. With Nine Inch Nails last time, I felt that I'd explored that kind of bludgeoning rock thing in a lot of different ways, like I'd done everything I could do with that format."
    Hmm, so no more bludgeoning rock? That will go down well at Reading/Leeds (I'm still so sore about this whole thing).
    Last edited by sukey; 03-13-2013 at 10:33 AM.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Gives me a good feeling.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'll see if I can pick up a copy of the NME to scan in tomorrow. And then wash my hands in bleach.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Fuck it. I've decided to go to Leeds AND Reading festivals. I've missed NIN before I'll be damned if I ever miss NIN again!

See you there!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sukey View Post

Hmm, so no more bludgeoning rock? That will go down well at Reading/Leeds (I'm still so sore about this whole thing).
    That will go down well everywhere, I fear.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Pukkelpop made an announcement that the first names will come on Monday! I hope NIN is part of it.
    They made a cool video to spread the message at www.facebook.Com/pukkelpop

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash512 View Post
    Plus, judging from past tours, if they tour in November, that gives you about a 25% chance that the concert you're attending will get rescheduled because Trent is definitely catching a cold somewhere in there.
    I'll be super impressed if Trent can get a festival rescheduled because of a cough :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Let's hope these European promoters read NIN's tech rider correctly and supply them with the right power needed. Remember this, guys...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrowItAllAway View Post
    Let's hope these European promoters read NIN's tech rider correctly and supply them with the right power needed. Remember this, guys...
    Watching video of Aaron and remembering that era makes me think back to the Meathead Perspective cartoons where Aaron would just enter the frame floating through the air, twirling around. Hilarious.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I forget the specific date, but it was 2007, somewhere in either france or spain, where all the lighting went dead, and Trent calls for the house lights to be turned on so they can keep playing, then rips into Motp. Funny stuff, and its a good tape too. Anybody remember this one? the doc said it was in a venue that was built in like the 19th centuary

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tucker973 View Post
    Watching video of Aaron and remembering that era makes me think back to the Meathead Perspective cartoons where Aaron would just enter the frame floating through the air, twirling around. Hilarious.
    HAHAHA I used to love watching those videos... Twiggy always getting head from a groupie, Aaron spinning around, Josh Freese reading the classifieds during "Me, I'm Not", and Ally's "awkwardness".

It kind of makes me sad that there will never be a new Meathead Perspective cartoon to watch while I'm stoned.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I remember a meathead from back in the day that was like 50years of nin or something. talked about trent doing an acoustic solo tour called "isolated, i" and releasing an album called "bruised" that made broken look like the soundtrack for the disney movie mulan.

haha, good stuff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Meathead Perspective was one of the most fun things about being a NIN fan for a long time. Any of you newer people should check out the archives:
    http://www.theninhotline.net/meatpers/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I'll be super impressed if Trent can get a festival rescheduled because of a cough :P
    I was talking about the US arena dates, of course.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    But there were three Nights of Nothing shows between Outside/Dissonance and Fragility 1.0. And also mini-tour with Helmet, but that was right after Dissonance in late '95.
    I intentionally excluded those, because both of those were seen by a sum total of 12 people.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    I intentionally excluded those, because both of those were seen by a sum total of 12 people.
    Including this guy.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I assume you're talking about Nights of Nothing?

I'm curious; who saw any of the shows on the Helmet club tour? In the 17 intervening years, I can't recall hearing any first-hand accounts of any of those shows. The a.m.nin archives on Google Groups are inconveniently missing for that period of time. Zero recordings, and an incomplete tour itinerary. Did it even happen?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've always wondered the same thing about the '91 or '92 tour with G 'n R. I've never seen so much as a photgraph, let alone audio or video for any of those shows. It's my understanding that it was a short tour, possibly overseas. I don't think I'd even know about it if I hadn't seen interviews with Trent where he talked about what a shitty experience it was.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm curious; who saw any of the shows on the Helmet club tour? In the 17 intervening years, I can't recall hearing any first-hand accounts of any of those shows. The a.m.nin archives on Google Groups are inconveniently missing for that period of time. Zero recordings, and an incomplete tour itinerary. Did it even happen?
    I was at one of those shows, in October (I think) of 95 at Numbers in Houston. It was insane. If I remember right they hit the stage with HLAH and the place just exploded, and it was so packed you could barely move. Great show though. Stayed with some friends afterwards hanging around outside and ended up meeting Danny Lohner who was extremely cool.

Damn I feel old right now.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    I assume you're talking about Nights of Nothing?
    Yes, I was at the Irving Plaza show that Mtv shot. I was working as music director at my college's station back then and was in the loop with the Interscope reps, so had a heads up on the fact that the Nothing showcase was "not to be missed" (it was not advertised ahead of time that NIN would actually be playing). These connections also proved fruitful years later when I actually got ahold of the footage.

Quote Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
    Damn I feel old right now.
    Fuck that. Wear it with pride.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
    I was at one of those shows, in October (I think) of 95 at Numbers in Houston. It was insane. If I remember right they hit the stage with HLAH and the place just exploded, and it was so packed you could barely move. Great show though.
    Nice. Do you remember any of the setlist?

Edit: Typical setlist listing is here. So I'll change my question and ask if you remember anything memorable/different about the way the songs were played, or details about the production?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNINtendo Chalmers View Post
    I've always wondered the same thing about the '91 or '92 tour with G 'n R. I've never seen so much as a photgraph, let alone audio or video for any of those shows. It's my understanding that it was a short tour, possibly overseas.
    Well, there are at least 5 audio sources and 2 videos from that support tour (you're right, it was in Europe). Compare that to the Helmet tour, where there's not a single known recording. I find that incredibly perplexing when they had just come off of the Self-Destruct and Dissonance tours which were recorded a lot.
    Last edited by TheBang; 03-13-2013 at 10:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 8la5 View Post
    Well, here in South America the companies are starting to move and make some proposals to the band... We'll see what happens
    Well well well, what else can you tell us about those negotiations? I missed their show back in 2008 here in Buenos Aires, and I would kill to have them play in BA again. I'm not sure if they can actually profit from making shows here anymore, but if Atari Teenage Riot played last year, I believe it is rather possible for NIN to make at least one show... I'm not particularly fond of festivals (it seems like this is a common trait among the ETS people, from what I've read in this thread so far), but really, ANYTHING WOULD DO (I would really love for them to play a small venue, like the ATR concert last year (which I also missed lol), but that's just wishful thinking).

Crossing fingers for South America! (esp. Argentina)