Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Rob Zombie

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    He would not be able to touch Dolph Lundgren's Punisher but he could top Thomas Jane's and DESTROY the other guys!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneSax View Post

That's pretty sexy.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    New movie "31" announced.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I wish that clown somehow correlated to Captain S.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I hope it does too.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    It'd be nice but judging by past things said/done I doubt it. Though RZ said that his newest film would be for "the fans of Devil's Rejects" and less like the rest.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I ripped the audio for The Zombie Horror Picture show and listened to it on the way to work this morning. Great stuff.

I loved the part before Ging Gang Gong De Do Gong De Laga Raga, Rob's like "When I recorded this song, people said you will never ever get an audience to sing along with that. I said fuck you, watch this!"

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    What is it!?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Crowdfunding started for '31' a la Kickstarter, etc.

Link also has video interviews with Rob about the premise, etc.

"Welcome to my next film. It is called 31. It is the story of five random people kidnapped on the five days leading up to Halloween and held hostage in a place called Murder World. While trapped inside this man-made Hell, they must fight to survive playing the most violent game known to man...a game called 31."

A further description along with sketches of the characters is on the page as well... NSFW

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    That film actually sounds pretty decent.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Welcome to my next film. It is called 31. It is the story of five random people kidnapped on the five days leading up to Halloween and held hostage in a place called Murder World. While trapped inside this man-made Hell they must fight to survive playing the most violent game known to man... a game called 31.
    31 has no rules. 31 has no boundaries. It is ever so simple. Do whatever you can do to kill your opponent before they kill you. Keep this up for 12 hours and freedom is yours.
    Who are the opponents? Well... a group of vile, filthy, blood-thirsty clowns known as THE HEADS. They come in all shapes and sizes and each grows nastier than the last.
    What kind of film is this you ask? It is a fast paced, mean dirty film for those who like it rough. Get ready for a sick piece of celluloid! This is some hardcore business for the blood-thirsty gore hounds.
    Get on board! Get involved! Be part of this horrifying business! The world of horror needs you!
    - RZ

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    http://www.fanbacked.com/c/31-rob-zombie-film/

Check out all the bundles available on the right... the most expensive one is $10,000 and you get to have your name listed as Executive Producer in the film credits...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    new live album!
    According to Amazon pre-order links, looks like there is a version with a t-shirt too

http://robzombie.com/music/spookshow...nal-live-2015/

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    new live album!
    According to Amazon pre-order links, looks like there is a version with a t-shirt too

Nice, but quite a few overlapping songs from the recent live DVD release that I listen to the audio version of often.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Nice, but quite a few overlapping songs from the recent live DVD release that I listen to the audio version of often.
    Do you mean Zombie Live? Because the DVD version of it is still shelved right next to Salt Mine and Wave Goodbye

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Nah dude, this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Zom...r_Picture_Show

It's fucking awesome too. One of my favorite live DVDs

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Do you mean Zombie Live? Because the DVD version of it is still shelved right next to Salt Mine and Wave Goodbye
    the zombie horror picture show.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    new live album!

I'm so fucking ready for that.

The only thing that bothered me about the Zombie Horror Picture Show (and this is nitpicking that'll probably earn me some backlash) is the fact that it was filmed at Mayhem Fest, a "co-headlining festival" instead of a legit Zombie show, so there are only seventeen songs instead of twenty-some. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he finally put a DVD out and I love every second of it, but I just wish it had a longer set.

I'm also hoping that he eventually pulls a KISS and retroactively releases concerts from earlier in his career. I'd love to see shows from his other tours, especially with Blasko, Riggs and John Tempesta, and I'd really like to see one with Joey Jordison on drums (I only saw Zombie once, and it was with Joey).

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    The OCD in me hates how he abbreviates song titles like "Dead City Radio" and "Never Gonna Stop". I always rename them to their proper longer titles, but it's annoying how it's printed in abbreviated form on the official physical copy.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    The OCD in me hates how he abbreviates song titles like "Dead City Radio" and "Never Gonna Stop". I always rename them to their proper longer titles, but it's annoying how it's printed in abbreviated form on the official physical copy.
    I fucking second this. When the bands have their own songs written in ten different variations on official releases... Aghhrrh
    The Love/song (The Cure), (A) Song for the Deaf/Dead (QOTSA), (A) Means to an End (Joy Division)... and pretty much every other song that has punctuation?!, specíŕl characters, or (Part One/2/III) in their titles are the biggest offenders. Try tagging all the Larks' Tongues in Aspic parts right and not go insane.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I fucking second this. When the bands have their own songs written in ten different variations on official releases... Aghhrrh
    The Love/song (The Cure), (A) Song for the Deaf/Dead (QOTSA), (A) Means to an End (Joy Division)... and pretty much every other song that has punctuation?!, specíŕl characters, or (Part One/2/III) in their titles are the biggest offenders. Try tagging all the Larks' Tongues in Aspic parts right and not go insane.
    I'll also throw in -

The Cure: "Inbetween Days" / "In Between Days"; "How Beautiful You Are..." / "How Beautiful You Are"

Isis: "C.F.T." / "C.F.T. (New Circuitry And Continued Evolution)"

Rob Zombie: "Devil's Hole Girls" / "Devil's Hole Girls And The Big Revolution"

Puscifer does it a lot too.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Man, I'm so in love with Zombie right now! Thanks to @Ryan for the PM! Much appreciated!

While I don't enjoy his movies and I'm not a fan of his particular style either I somehow adore the live show, his attire and the music just for the heck of it. The Twins of Evil show bar Manson was the most fun I've had at a concert ever. That was one crazy December night especially since I was invited to a cheesy Christmas dinner first and wore my red Christmas jumper to the show. I got bad looks all over the place, but also met awesome people who invited me for beer and got me two second row for the Zombie show. And dear lord, that was a mighty wicked night full of head banging, fist bumping and having a huuuuuge smile on my face because of the fun I had and the absurdity of everything. I was worried we would get a watered down show in Europe but he went all out with that one!

Watching the DVD right now and looking forward to aditional live tracks on the upcoming live album! I sooo want him to come back here as I thought I would never see him in the first place in Germany.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    @dlb - any chance you, or someone you know, could fix that slight skip in the MP3 rip of the extended version of Dead City Radio I sent you?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    From Facebook:

"The new studio album is done! The last mixes were put to bed and the studio is back in storage. Can't give you much info yet... but I can serious say this is my favorite album yet... no joke. Yeah I know everyone says that. But it is our heaviest most fuck up musical monster to date. One song entitled "Well, Everybody's Fucking In a UFO" is sure to be an instant Zombie classic! Our man Zeuss did and awesome job producing and has helped us construct the perfect next step after Venomous Rat. Stay tuned for more details."

Can't wait!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    From Facebook:

"The new studio album is done! The last mixes were put to bed and the studio is back in storage. Can't give you much info yet... but I can serious say this is my favorite album yet... no joke. Yeah I know everyone says that. But it is our heaviest most fuck up musical monster to date. One song entitled "Well, Everybody's Fucking In a UFO" is sure to be an instant Zombie classic! Our man Zeuss did and awesome job producing and has helped us construct the perfect next step after Venomous Rat. Stay tuned for more details."

Can't wait!

LOL at that song title.

Can't wait to know the album's title this time around.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Same, I'm always up for a new zombie record.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

ROB ZOMBIE TO TOUR THE USA!

Grab your pre sale tickets direct from Rob HERE. Add a VIP Meet & Greet as well!

New Tour Dates

June 2 in New Orleans, LA at Civic Theatre

June 4 in Simpsonville, SC at Charter Amphitheatre

June 5 in Portsmouth, BA at nTelos Wireless Pavilion

June 6 in Sayreville, NJ at Starland Ballroom

June 8 in Warren, OH at Packard Music Hall

June 9 in Cincinnati, OH at Riverbend Music Hall

June 10 in Milwaukee, WI at Eagles Ballroom

June 12 in Sylvania, OH at Centennial Terrace

June 14 in Indianapolis, IN at Farm Bureau Insurance Lawn

June 16 in Pittsburgh, PA at Stage AE

June 18 in Uncasville, CT at Mohegan Sun Arena

June 19 in Big Flats, NY at Tags Summerstage

June 28 in Grand Junction, CO at Loudwire Music Festival

31 RELAUNCHES!

We are back! Why? Because after wrapping up our first campaign we were bombarded with late requests to be part of the 31 action. So here we go again! Time to join the bloody clown mayhem!

Filming starts in March so get ready for tons of exciting updates on what promises to be the most fuck ed up film of the year.

SPOOKSHOW INTERNATIONAL LIVE, out FEB 24!

Pre-order the standard version of SPOOKSHOW INTERNATIONAL LIVE at this special pre-order price of $5.99 from now until Feb 16, $7.99 between Feb 17 and Feb 23, reverting to $9.99 on release day.

The new studio album is done!

The last mixes were put to bed and the studio is back in storage. Can't give you much info yet... but I can easily say this is my favorite album yet... no joke. Yeah I know every fucking asshole says that. But it is seriously our heaviest most fuck up musical monster to date. One song entitled "Well, Everybody's Fucking In a UFO" is sure to be an instant Zombie classic! Not since Hellbilly Deluxe have I spent this long putting an album together. It was worth it.

-RZ

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Color me excited.