Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Help me out here. Which websites?
    HHV like Notorious Timp said!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Just ordered a copy from HHV for $48 shipped to the US

https://www.hhv.de/shop/en/item/daft...emories-312243
    Thanks! Though that looks to be a pre-order for the next pressing, which lists an "earliest shipping date" of June 21. Also, when I plug in my address, it lists the street name, followed by the house number, when it should be reversed. Think that will be a problem when they try to eventually deliver it??

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    they were not very prolific anyway, been dormant or about 7 years ,last album was in 2013 with no live shows or anything, so weird time to announce split?
    they were amazing in the 1990s, Homework and Discovery are really really great records. Alive 1997 from their Homework tour is mindblowing i saw them in 2006, it was quite good, i never really liked anything they did after Discovery.
    Human After All from 2005 was ghastly, sounded like really repetitive coarse demo and i never got into RAM because it sounded so different from who they were before, like a radically different group, nothing remotely similar to Homework or Discovery. too deliberately retro
    i wish they had made more material though

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
    they were not very prolific anyway, been dormant or about 7 years ,last album was in 2013 with no live shows or anything, so weird time to announce split?
    they were amazing in the 1990s, Homework and Discovery are really really great records. Alive 1997 from their Homework tour is mindblowing i saw them in 2006, it was quite good, i never really liked anything they did after Discovery.
    Human After All from 2005 was ghastly, sounded like really repetitive coarse demo and i never got into RAM because it sounded so different from who they were before, like a radically different group, nothing remotely similar to Homework or Discovery. too deliberately retro
    i wish they had made more material though
    Yeah, agree with the sentiment, I don't mind when a band tries something new, but RAM sounds...boring? I don't care for that slow disco sound. Homework and Discovery are most excellent. Too bad I never saw them live!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Thanks! Though that looks to be a pre-order for the next pressing, which lists an "earliest shipping date" of June 21. Also, when I plug in my address, it lists the street name, followed by the house number, when it should be reversed. Think that will be a problem when they try to eventually deliver it??
    oh interesting...that wasn’t there when I placed my order. I wonder if they’re doing it now that they have a influx of orders coming in

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    On the radio this morning, they said that since Daft Punk have announced their break-up, their streaming on music services have significantly increased by 5x

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    On the radio this morning, they said that since Daft Punk have announced their break-up, their streaming on music services have significantly increased by 5x
    Daft Punk Sales Soar 2,650% After Breakup
    Their streams have been up 500%, their song sales were up 1,335%, and their digital album sales shot up 2,650%. Also, prices for their albums on eBay and Discogs have gone through the roof. Good luck getting any of their albums for less than $100 right now. It's insane.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Sorry to double-post, but I just had to make this meme:

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    That's great lmao

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Unpopular opinion but their best music was from the TRON score.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I always wanted to see these guys live. After years and years of speculated festival slots and tours, I am sad I will never get to see them live. They were one of the bands left I never got to see.

Also, Homework was their best record. IMO (also an unpopular one) they went downhill with each new record they released. However, I agree with @ninlive - their Tron score is legendary.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I always wanted to see these guys live. After years and years of speculated festival slots and tours, I am sad I will never get to see them live. They were one of the bands left I never got to see.

Also, Homework was their best record. IMO (also an unpopular one) they went downhill with each new record they released. However, I agree with @ninlive - their Tron score is legendary.
    not unpopular at all with me, I think Homework > Discovery > Human After All > RAM. So maybe it’s good they called it quits?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

The best thing to come out of Daft Punk's side work.

"Music Sounds Better with You" is the only song by French house trio Stardust, released on 20 July 1998. Stardust comprised Thomas Bangalter from Daft Punk, DJ Alan Braxe,[a] and vocalist Benjamin Diamond;[b] they disbanded after the release and resumed separate careers.
    The single is a dance track built from a guitar riff sampled from the 1981 Chaka Khan song "Fate". It was initially released on Bangalter's label Roulé, followed by a wider release on Virgin Records, accompanied by a music video directed by Michel Gondry. It was one of the year's bestselling singles in the United Kingdom, where it debuted at number two in August 1998 and maintained the position for two weeks. It also spent two weeks atop the US BillboardDance Club Songs chart.

According to Billboard, Virgin offered Bangalter $3 million to produce a Stardust album.[6] The group recorded more demos, but decided to keep the Stardust project to a single song. Braxe said there were no plans to release the demos, saying: "I think it gives the record a certain magic and mystery."[5] Apart from their performance at Rex Club, Stardust performed only once, in a 30-minute set at the Borealis festival in Montpellier, France.[6]
    One of the best disco house tracks ever made.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    ^^^^
    I couldn't agree more! I wish we could have seen more from this project as that tune is timeless

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Prices on Discogs have actually gone down to normal/sane levels (at least for RAM). I got a sealed M/M original US pressing (from 2013) for $40 ($45 shipped). Discogs is flooded with $45 copies ($51 shipped) of that album right now. Either someone found several boxes of sealed copies or the demand has died way down (maybe both?).

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Awesomeness

edit: this might be better than the 07 lolla pro shot. Freaking kick ass set and I just love all the vintage Roland gear. Punishing the crowd with an 808 and not one but TWO 909!

I got the 4.5 gb capture of the livestream that doesn't have the drop outs, if anyone needs it it's already on my mega account just let me know
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 02-23-2022 at 01:23 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    To celebrate the 10th anniversary of RAM, new extended version with 35 min of unheard material is being released.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Thomas Bangalter partially explains why Daft Punk called it quits.

"...the last thing I would want to be, in the world we live in, in 2023...is a robot."

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Thomas Bangalter partially explains why Daft Punk called it quits.

"...the last thing I would want to be, in the world we live in, in 2023...is a robot."
    I definitely agree with what he said in the interview. As much as I love them and wanted more music from them, I can also see it being difficult to maintain that facade, both as an artist and as a person.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    The 10th anniversary edition for RAM is out today:

Video for "Infinity Repeating":

Listening the demos and studio outtakes, pretty nice so far!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    The First Time With... - Thomas Bangalter - BBC Sounds

Pretty good interview with Thomas.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Whoa.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)