Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
Results 211 to 233 of 233

Thread: Alice In Chains

  1. #211
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    5,427
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    After the Music Bank boxset, I don't know what else is in the vaults.
    The 1989 Publisher Demos:



    The "Suffragette City" cover, "Chemical Addiction", "King of the Kats" and "Queen of the Rodeo" (studio version) are yet unreleased...

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,167
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    The Museum of Pop Culture in Seattle is having an online benefit honoring Alice in Chains and the lineup is pretty sweet:


  3. #213
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    1,107
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Horrible lineup. Billy fuckin Corgan? Korn? Corey Taylor who is insufferable. Taylor Hawkins? Metallica? The same Metallica that used to goof on Layne for his drug problems and made fun of AIC for cancelling a tour together in the mid 90s? Was Fred Durst unavailable for this tribute?

  4. #214
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,167
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I disagree. I, for one, am looking forward to seeing performances by Metallica, Mastodon, Billy Corgan (he may or may not be garbage, I admit), and Alice in Chains themselves. I'm also curious to see what Eddie Vedder, Robert Downey Jr. and Tom Morello have to say. Plus, it's free. I do wish that Tool (or at least Maynard) was involved, though.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 11-18-2020 at 03:41 PM.

  5. #215
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    3,748
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Horrible lineup. Billy fuckin Corgan? Korn? Corey Taylor who is insufferable. Taylor Hawkins? Metallica? The same Metallica that used to goof on Layne for his drug problems and made fun of AIC for cancelling a tour together in the mid 90s? Was Fred Durst unavailable for this tribute?
    I mean, it's also the same Metallica that showed up for their Unplugged show so they buried some kind of hatchet.

  6. #216
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    5,427
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I mean, it's also the same Metallica that showed up for their Unplugged show so they buried some kind of hatchet.
    To my knowledge they always had a good relationship, they even performed live:

    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 11-18-2020 at 07:10 PM.

  7. #217
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,167
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Yeah, I thought they were all friends that gave each other a good ribbing from time to time (like how Mike Inez wrote "Friends don't let friends get Friends haircuts" on his bass during AIC's MTV Unplugged show right after Load came out, for exmaple).

  8. #218
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    1,107
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    This doesn't seem like good ribbing. Notice Hetfield rubbing his arm as if he's about to shoot up (making fun of Layne)


  9. #219
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,167
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    This doesn't seem like good ribbing. Notice Hetfield rubbing his arm as if he's about to shoot up (making fun of Layne)

    First of all, that video is 26 years old. Second, it seems like they patched things up rather quickly because the Metallica guys were in the audience – in the front row even – during Alice in Chains' MTV Unplugged concert (which was recorded in April of 1996). Metallica's cover of Tuesday's Gone from Garage, Inc. features Jerry Cantrell and Sean Kinney as well. I know he wasn't playing bass for Metallica back in those days, but Rob Trujillo is good friends with Jerry Cantrell and played bass on his solo album Degradation Trip. If James was making fun of Layne in the video you posted, it's just only because AIC pulled out of Metallica's 1994 Summer Sh*t tour, so they were probably just irritated by that and are clearly over it by now. James very publicly dealt with his own addiction issues 7 years later in 2001, so I'm sure it's all water under the bridge or they probably wouldn't be playing at this benefit.

  10. #220
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    770
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    shit, i'm excited now: members of soundgarden with Tad Doyle + mike mccready! Does this mean the return of Tadgarden???

  11. #221
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    1,107
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Whether James is sorry now or not, it doesn't change the fact he came off like an asshole here. Playing a mock version of an AIC song and pretending to shoot up and making cracks like "we can't tour" because they were upset AIC pulled out of that '94 tour. Metallica were probably always down with Cantrell, because Layne is clearly the one they are mocking here.....The fact Metallica had to cancel a world tour years later because of Hetfield's drug problem is divine irony.....The Beastie Boys said it best. What goes around, comes around
    Last edited by Helpmeiaminhell; 11-18-2020 at 10:40 PM.

  12. #222
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,167
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Whether James is sorry now or not, it doesn't change the fact he came off like an asshole here. Playing a mock version of an AIC song and pretending to shoot up and making cracks like "we can't tour" because they were upset AIC pulled out of that '94 tour. Metallica were probably always down with Cantrell, because Layne is clearly the one they are mocking here.....The fact Metallica had to cancel a world tour years later because of Hetfield's drug problem is divine irony.....The Beastie Boys said it best. What goes around, comes around
    If you want to pull out Beastie Boys quotes, I'll direct you to Ad-Rock's quote “I'd rather be a hypocrite than the same person forever.”
    You can go ahead and continue being pissed about James being a bit of a dick 26 years ago, but people can change, gain perspective and evolve.

  13. #223
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    1,107
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    If you want to pull out Beastie Boys quotes, I'll direct you to Ad-Rock's quote “I'd rather be a hypocrite than the same person forever.”
    You can go ahead and continue being pissed about James being a bit of a dick 26 years ago, but people can change, gain perspective and evolve.
    Hetfield may have gained perspective nowadays but its pretty obvious he used to be a total asshole. Look at the way he treated Jason. I guess Lars is the resident prick in Metallica these days. And if your job is to defend all of Metallica's mistakes.....I gotta say, you must have been very busy the last 26 years

  14. #224
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    3,748
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)

  15. #225
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    168
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah What a crap line up... all the bands/artists are legends, friends or fans of AIC. Absolutely makes no sense that they would participate in this.(Sarcasm)

  16. #226
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    A warm place
    Posts
    1,295
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Sorry to interject, but one simply cannot be involved in an abortion like LULU or be responsible for some of the lyrics on that abomination and claim to have "gained perspective and evolved"..

    I mean, no. Just no.

  17. #227
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,167
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Sorry to interject, but one simply cannot be involved in an abortion like LULU or be responsible for some of the lyrics on that abomination and claim to have "gained perspective and evolved"..

    I mean, no. Just no.
    I'm certainly not going to defend Lulu, but Lou Reed wrote the lyrics.

  18. #228
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    1,107
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I'll give Hetfield credit for one thing. A couple years ago Lars and Kirk were ranting and raving about Trump on a daily basis which lead to a lot of their fans cursing them out on internet forums and threatening to boycott the band. Then Hetfield (a conservative) got wind of it and made a big statement about how he doesn't want the band to be political and he doesn't want to alienate fans because of political shit. Boom. Lars and Kirk have been dead silent on politics for the last 3 years. Not a peep. They ran into their corner with their tails between their legs after that. The way Hetfield shut them the fuck down in one shot was a thing of beauty. I give him credit for that.

  19. #229
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Portland, Ore
    Posts
    992
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    I'll give Hetfield credit for one thing. A couple years ago Lars and Kirk were ranting and raving about Trump on a daily basis which lead to a lot of their fans cursing them out on internet forums and threatening to boycott the band. Then Hetfield (a conservative) got wind of it and made a big statement about how he doesn't want the band to be political and he doesn't want to alienate fans because of political shit. Boom. Lars and Kirk have been dead silent on politics for the last 3 years. Not a peep. They ran into their corner with their tails between their legs after that. The way Hetfield shut them the fuck down in one shot was a thing of beauty. I give him credit for that.

    Got any proof on that because last time I check, Kirk was not a fan of trump at all since he was pissed that Trump called global warming a hoax

  20. #230
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    10,032
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Best cover on the Dirt Redux tribute album


  21. #231
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,192
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I'm certainly not going to defend Lulu, but Lou Reed wrote the lyrics.
    LuLu was awesome. You get it or you don't.

  22. #232
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    3,748
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    it is a very small island of people who 'get' lulu.


  23. #233
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,192
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    @allegate, fair enough.

Posting Permissions