Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Coachella 2013

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnoorum View Post
    This news means nothing to me seeing as I absolutely cannot make Coachella in a million years but seeing as it's a festival that puts more emphasis on Modest Mouse than HTDA I have no doubt in my mind that this is not the festival for me. I just cross my fingers a relatively decent quality video appears and they tour my direction
    If I were running the festival, I'd put Modest Mouse on the billing above How to Destroy Angels as well. That's a no brainer. The only reason HtDA is getting such a high spot on the bill is because it's the debut of Reznor's new band live. Outside of a fairly small (but very hardcore) group of fans, nobody knows any of their music, and most people don't even know who they are.

Modest Mouse is a huge band. Even if I don't like anything they've done since The Moon and Antarctic, their first two albums are still awesome.

Rest assured, if it was Nine Inch Nails on the bill, they'd be listed as a headliner... probably even above New Order... which might be something some people would be legitimately sad about.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 01-25-2013 at 01:26 PM.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    HTDA are billed above Band of Horses, does anyone not remember "The Funeral"?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    This exact conversation is going to happen at least 8,000 times every Friday:

"Dude, bruh, who the fuhccckk is How to Destroy Angels bruh"

"Well Tyrone, its Trent Reznors new band"

And then they'll go see someone else instead, because festivals aren't a good place to gamble on seeing new artists. I guess it depends how big the album is?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    I guess Trent has enough experience to make this an awesome gig, even if it is in daylight.
    He played Sonisphere UK in broad daylight, mainly slower music or album tracks, and it was one of the greatest gigs/experiences of my life. Lights In The Sky got me teary in broad daylight...nuff said.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Although it is almost silly to speculate I would firmly believe HDTA will have a "headlining" timeslot on a side stage/tent so they can play at night, don't see Trent going on the mainstage at 2 pm...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Is Coachella one of those festivals that does livestreams on things like YouTube?
    Yeah, and I bet HTDA's concert won't air.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Coachella 2013

I predict Mojave tent at 5 or 6pm. I predict I will have to drag my brother kicking and screaming.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Coachella 2013

Quote Originally Posted by gorny540 View Post
    don't see Trent going on the mainstage at 2 pm...
    This is pretty much what he did for the first Lollapalooza tour.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    I predict Mojave tent at 5 or 6pm. I predict I will have to drag my brother kicking and screaming.
    You and J are on your own.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustDave View Post
    This is pretty much what he did for the first Lollapalooza tour.
    Yeah, but back then nobody knew who he was. I don't mind either way, but since it's the first day, I'd prefer it if they came on later in the day because I'm not sure how early I'm going to be able to get there on Friday. Short of that, just don't put them on stage the same time as Grinderman.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    HTDA are billed above Band of Horses, does anyone not remember "The Funeral"?
    I'm sure they do, but Band Of Horses has been so godawful for quite some time now to the point where I think that a lot of people probably just don't give a shit anymore.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I'm sure they do, but Band Of Horses has been so godawful for quite some time now to the point where I think that a lot of people probably just don't give a shit anymore.
    Yeah, I was fucking around hehe, those past two BoH albums were almost like Kings of Leon albums. I say HTDA play at sunset, 8 PM at best,but they'll go against the likes of Modest Mouse or Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Already creating my "CAPITALISE YOUR FUCKING NAME" banner.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Coachella 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Yeah, but back then nobody knew who he was. I don't mind either way, but since it's the first day, I'd prefer it if they came on later in the day because I'm not sure how early I'm going to be able to get there on Friday. Short of that, just don't put them on stage the same time as Grinderman.
    And now...

Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Outside of a fairly small (but very hardcore) group of fans, nobody knows any of their music, and most people don't even know who they are.
    See my point?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Coachella 2013

You and J are on your own.
    If there are no major conflicts you'll be there with us. Come on, you, me, Josh H and Tim Roth.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I might actually be able to make this, I should be in the New York around this time and I do have a lot of savings that I would not mind spending. Would be very handy to get a flight from there as opposed to a flight from Ireland. Great line up! No decent festivals over here apart from maybe Electric Picnic, but at times they also overdid the whole EDM bullshit. Who knows?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Yeah, I was fucking around hehe, those past two BoH albums were almost like Kings of Leon albums. I say HTDA play at sunset, 8 PM at best,but they'll go against the likes of Modest Mouse or Yeah Yeah Yeahs.
    Yeah I don't necessarily see HTDA going on last, but definitely at night just because Trent has that kind of pull. I can see HTDA having an unexpected huge audience.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Surprised they're billed before Passion Pit.
    Why is that surprising? Passion Pit have done their own touring and get major radio airplay. I've heard HDTA on the radio once, and it was on a weekly niche show.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustDave View Post
    And now...

See my point?
    Well, it is a little unexpected that this announcement hasn't generated more discussion on this board of all places.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Why is that surprising? Passion Pit have done their own touring and get major radio airplay. I've heard HDTA on the radio once, and it was on a weekly niche show.
    Percisely why. Passion Pit are fucking everywhere. HTDA aren't.

Though, I could go all day discussing the placement on the poster. Portugal The Man is billed above...2Chainz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    well if he wants to get billed higher maybe he should pick up another chain!!! 2 is not enough for the fast-paced world of today, i can see that anywhere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Best use some songs that are more than practically instrumentals. People get bored of slow stuff at a festival.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WRG View Post
    Best use some songs that are more than practically instrumentals. People get bored of slow stuff at a festival.
    Can't wait to see Trent's reaction when someone in the crowd asks them to play "Head Like a Hole" in the middle of their set. xD

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    "play fuck you like an animal"

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WRG View Post
    Depends on the crowd and group, Godspeed You! Black Emperor played last year and they absolutely captivated the crowd.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So, there's this:
    http://blog.destroyangels.com/post/4...watch-our-full

Being on the east coast and all I don't think I'll be up past 3AM tonight to watch (although if there ever were a time it was worth it, this would be it). So, anyone know of a way to capture this or see a replay or something?

-Paul

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    So, there's this:
    http://blog.destroyangels.com/post/4...watch-our-full

Being on the east coast and all I don't think I'll be up past 3AM tonight to watch (although if there ever were a time it was worth it, this would be it). So, anyone know of a way to capture this or see a replay or something?

-Paul
    http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...9970#post79970

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks. So my first post since the ETS EMP wiped everything away, and it's asking a duplicate question, almost word-for-word. Awesome :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Im done waiting. Lets go

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    It's 10 AM here where I am, I'm all woke up and ready to watch. Come on.