Page 495 of 528 FirstFirst ... 395 445 485 493 494 495 496 497 505 ... LastLast
Results 14,821 to 14,850 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Someone once made a joke about The Collector being about collecting beanie babies and I can’t unsee Trent singing that song in a room full of beanie babies.
    And swallowing jizz and such.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Well ...

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    um, what? lmao

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    um, what? lmao
    I'm trying to fit it all inside
    I'm trying to open my mouth wide
    I'm trying not to choke and
    Swallow it all, swallow it all
    Swallow it all, swallow it all
    very literal reading of the lyrics I guess.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    “I am a good boy
    and will...”

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Gotcha. Forgot about that lol

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Downward Spiral turned 27 yesterday.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I found trent's background
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/7514331...fuser-acoustic

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Listend to Starfuckers Inc. the other day and I can't help myself... while it's not my favorite song in particular, I really love how tense Trent sounds on this, especially the "don't you" part.

I wonder if that particular track would sit better with fans if Manson wasn't involved. I mean, now more than ever...
    Last edited by dlb; 03-24-2021 at 09:48 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Listend to Starfuckers Inc. the other day and I can't help myself... while it's not my favorite song in particular, I really love how tense Trent sounds on this, especially the "don't you" part.

I wonder if that particular track would sit better with fans if Manson wasn't involved. I mean, now more than ever...
    I love the intro, verses and outro to this track, but the chorus is just really stupid and lets it down for me

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    We are a day away ffom the one year anniversary of Ghosts: IV and V, and we still haven't hear a word about a physical release or even any credits or anything.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    We are a day away ffom the one year anniversary of Ghosts: IV and V, and we still haven't hear a word about a physical release or even any credits or anything.
    If the idea that Locusts is the unused Woman in the Window score is true I doubt it would be legal to sell it. Listening to it, it does have an avant garde thriller feel. When I listen to Run Like Hell I imagine Carrie from Homeland on one of her missions!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    If the idea that Locusts is the unused Woman in the Window score is true I doubt it would be legal to sell it.
    right, but I find it odd that he'd give it a Halo number if he couldn't sell it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Loving this video series, how did I not realise until now that My Violent Heart, God Given and Zero Sum have almost identical drum loops

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Imagine sitting back in the studio with your producer and listening back to the final finished versions of Ripe (With Decay) or JLYI.

Imagine creating things like that.

Trent would probably have been like “it’s good, but could be better. Too late now, album’s out in a month.”

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    Never mind physical releases. The future will bring us technology where it just goes straight to our ear/brain and we won’t even care about or need a digital copy of shit.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I was just looking at nin shirts for sale, as you do, and I got to thinking: did you guys have what I think of as THE nin shirt, back before TDS? It was the white box logo on the front, and the print was ever so slightly raised off of the shirt. And, on the back it had that big, black on black NIN logo that is similar to the SIN logo, and it said nineinchnails in white.
    I had more than one of those, and, holy mother of god, it just hit me that I bought the first one almost thirty fucking years ago. I was 12, and I'm 41.

That was the only nin shirt I could find in Dallas, until I came across a fixed shirt: the one with the big blue lowercase n? But, at that point, my tiny nin fan group had yet to SEE a copy of fixed in the wild. So, we thought it was just a witty reference to broken.

Those were my first few nin shirts, until ftds, where I bought the one where the tds logo looking like it had been all sliced up. I ALSO remember seeing a logo shirt at the show for like, $50, that looked like it was made of some sort of fucking rubber or some shit: it looked like it was meant to be worn at the bdsm club. I never saw that one again.

Anyway, I'm just reminiscing. I have so many goddamn nin shirts, now. @heavenly_bearded even sold me NINE of them for $50 at one point, I think.

But I wonder why bands don't reprint those old shirts anymore. I remember in like 2008, getting a brand new 90s era tool shirt and tds shirt. And, fuck, there are SO many old, rush, for instance, shirts that I would LOVE to have, too. You'd think they'd at LEAST do limited runs of them or something, nowadays. Anyway, I'm rambling at this point.

But yeah, those old shirts were badass, partially because you COULDN'T just order them online, and there WEREN'T a bunch of designs yet.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I was just looking at nin shirts for sale, as you do, and I got to thinking: did you guys have what I think of as THE nin shirt, back before TDS? It was the white box logo on the front, and the print was ever so slightly raised off of the shirt. And, on the back it had that big, black on black NIN logo that is similar to the SIN logo, and it said nineinchnails in white.
    I had more than one of those, and, holy mother of god, it just hit me that I bought the first one almost thirty fucking years ago. I was 12, and I'm 41.
    I had that exact same shirt, and it was probably my first NIN shirt as well. I wore the fuck out of it and then one day my mom ruined it with bleach. I also had a Fragility tour shirt, a WT shirt, and a couple of TDS shirts.

The shirt I wanted really badly in the 90s and never got hold of was this:
    https://wycovintage.com/product/1990...records-shirt/

But I wonder why bands don't reprint those old shirts anymore. I remember in like 2008, getting a brand new 90s era tool shirt and tds shirt. And, fuck, there are SO many old, rush, for instance, shirts that I would LOVE to have, too. You'd think they'd at LEAST do limited runs of them or something, nowadays.
    R.E.M. and U2 have done reprints of their old shirts. I'm sure a bunch of bands have.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Oh shit, @piggy , that one is sick.
    I REALLY wish I still had the one from the show, with the chopped up tds logo. Someone flexed one of them on me once, here, when I was talking about it before. But I guess shirts don't last if you WEAR them. I'm on my fourth nin jacket and wondering if it's time for number five.

Yeah, I guess it's just MY favorite bands that don't reprint shirts. Like, I've found old rush dead stock on the Rockabilia website: remember, the company with the magazine ads with shirts for every band you'd ever heard of? But, they only have x small. I assume they've been sitting in some warehouse since the 90s.
    Last edited by elevenism; 03-31-2021 at 05:42 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    The shirt I wanted really badly in the 90s and never got hold of was this:
    https://wycovintage.com/product/1990...records-shirt/
    I bought this shirt in the mid or late 90’s at Sam Goody or the other music store that was typically in the mall during that era (can’t remember the name). I haven’t worn it in years, but now I’m feeling nostalgic and want to wear it again.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Yeah, I guess it's just MY favorite bands that don't reprint shirts. Like, I've found old rush dead stock on the Rockabilia website: remember, the company with the magazine ads with shirts for every band you'd ever heard of? But, they only have x small. I assume they've been sitting in some warehouse since the 90s.
    Yeah, bands that aren't doing new runs of old shirts are really missing out on a sure thing. And I totally remember Rockabilia! I bought lots of shit from them back in the day.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I had a non-official NIN shirt from 1994 era of TR on the shirt. I bought it off South Street in Philly as a teen summer of 1994. I wore that until it turned to threads. I actually think an ex stole it from me when it was on the thin side. I lived in that shirt.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    I had a non-official NIN shirt from 1994 era of TR on the shirt. I bought it off South Street in Philly as a teen summer of 1994. I wore that until it turned to threads. I actually think an ex stole it from me when it was on the thin side. I lived in that shirt.
    DUDE! When I was a kid, I "collected" bootleg shirts. Every halfway decent sized show in Dallas, including NIN in 94 and 95, had immigrant shirt bootleggers, hustling in the parking lot. I loved the idea of these bootlegers printing these shirts, likely not knowing who the band was, undercutting the official merch. Of course, I'd by an official shirt, too. Those were the days of $20 for a ticket, $20 for a shirt, $10 for a bootleg shirt.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I'd love to hear Trent experiment more with strings, like that year he played the Bridge School benefit. I'm a big fan of cellos & I think they would lend themselves well to some of the material. This came into my head whilst listening to "Animal Serenade" by Lou Reed. Excellent live record (except for the Raven stuff haha) & the cello player really adds something special when it's used.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I am all about this. They worked with orchestra on Mank and maybe a bit for Watchmen. My dream would be for them to do a show or series or shows with a full orchestra. Have you seen what Portishead did years ago? TDS and TF would be great candidates for performing in their entirety (okay maybe not Big Man with an Orchestra).

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    In another random thought, I will be AMAZED if NIN aid not retired soon. Rationale? Well Trent and Atticus are getting WAY s’more affirmation and money and awards and opportunities as composers. Like it doesn’t even compare now. Meanwhile the music industry is shit, they can’t make much from NIN, they are aging, their fan base is generally aging and not very diverse (myself included) and people think of NIN as a legacy act in spite of their new materials being just as incredible as anything from back then. Furthermore Rock as a genre is barely hanging on and is so outside of the culture now. And speaking of the culture, everything is shallow now. Few people spend any time with art. You can stream everything in the world for peanuts, a new album gets five minutes of attention. It’s all Instagram and TikTok.

in that kind of atmosphere, what in the world would motivate you to keep pushing that boulder up the hill? I know he does it as a vehicle of self-expression and because he just enjoys it, but he is also the kind of person who would never want to keep something going just to keep it going.

I bet we have one NIN album left if we are lucky. I hope I am wrong, but you can’t argue with the way I have described the landscape and the situation. I think NIN has produced some of the greatest, most relevant and vital music in the world in the past few years. But that world sucks and doesn’t appreciate good things any more. How long do you give your pearls to swine who don’t deserve it (present company excluded of course). Trent has a lot of integrity and perseverance, I’ll give him that. I’d be too disillusioned to even try anymore. Too attracted by what earning me the awards and too pissed at the poor taste of Americans.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    someone shared this video on facebook and now i can’t stop watching it. i miss nin shows and tour hoopla and trent being effortlessly cool while falling off a stage.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    I'd love to hear Trent experiment more with strings, like that year he played the Bridge School benefit. I'm a big fan of cellos & I think they would lend themselves well to some of the material. This came into my head whilst listening to "Animal Serenade" by Lou Reed. Excellent live record (except for the Raven stuff haha) & the cello player really adds something special when it's used.
    Personally, I kinda love The Raven (the full length version is bonkers) and yes Jane S. shreds on 'cello. Have you ever seen David Gilmour's In Concert DVD from the 2001 Meltdown festival? A bunch of old Pink Floyd and solo songs re-worked for acoustic guitar & piano, plus stand-up bass and 'cello, and a choir. That kind of setup would be cool for a Fragile/Still/Soundtracks tour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    if the soundtracks are their main source of money then i don’t see any reason for them not to release stuff as NIN for the few that do appreciate art and what they do nowadays. its okay to be obscure.

“i’m safe in here, irrelevant”
    Last edited by Wulgaren; 04-10-2021 at 02:27 AM.