Page 509 of 509 FirstFirst ... 9 409 459 499 507 508 509
Results 15,241 to 15,263 of 15263

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

  1. #15241
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,742
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3knic View Post
    The remix is crazy, like it was recorded in a circus fun house. I'm not sure of the copy you have but it does sound processed. I have an mp3 copy that I ripped directly from the vinyl when it was released, shoot me a message if you want a link
    Honestly, they could have gone even more bonkers with the panning.

  2. #15242
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tynemouth, England
    Posts
    2,277
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1ke View Post
    Is it just me, or does anyone else think that Head Like a Hole seems a bit out of place on Pretty Hate Machine?

    I only mean compared to the rest of the album. I love the song, it just doesn't seem to really fit in with everything else on there to me.
    Yes it sounds a little different from the rest, for the reasons stated. I find “get down make love” on PHMR more jarring/out of place.

  3. #15243
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    137
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    gonna play hyperpower just before new year so 2022 begins with the beginning of the end ;_;

  4. #15244
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    5,149
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulgaren View Post
    gonna play hyperpower just before new year so 2022 begins with the beginning of the end ;_;
    Start the year off right! Hit play at 11:58:18pm.

  5. #15245
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Concord, CA
    Posts
    861
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    we are getting old! I remember when Year Zero came out, 2022 seemed so far away and yet...

  6. #15246
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    186
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I find it strangely interesting to notice the ways in which i connect to some of the lyrics in certain NIN songs. As an example i could use "The becoming". It really resonates with me in terms of noticing how much i changed over the years while a small part of the old me is figuratively still there, but it never gets out and keeps on fading... more and more. It's probably one of those cases where the listener will find his or her own meaning behind a song.

  7. #15247
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    6,171
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    I wonder if there's something coming since we're actually in Year Zero now?



    I'll take the vinyl but if there's an Atmos mix as well and we can hear The Great Destroyer all around? fuck yeah.

  8. #15248
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    234
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'd really love to figure out a way to get all the ARG content onto flash drives that I'd then leave at geocache spots.
    Not entirely sure what that would functionally look like but it'd be fun to do.

  9. #15249
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,439
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I wonder if there's something coming since we're actually in Year Zero now?



    I'll take the vinyl but if there's an Atmos mix as well and we can hear The Great Destroyer all around? fuck yeah.
    As corny as it might seem, I feel like this is partially why we didn't get any new reissues this year (in addition to the state of vinyl manufacturing, of course). I think the question is, will it be in April, or in the typical fall window?

    Of course, maybe we won't get anything at all.

  10. #15250
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Misery State
    Posts
    505
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post
    As corny as it might seem, I feel like this is partially why we didn't get any new reissues this year (in addition to the state of vinyl manufacturing, of course). I think the question is, will it be in April, or in the typical fall window?

    Of course, maybe we won't get anything at all.

    I hope so. I have almost-purchased used copies of YZ so many times over the last few years, but kept holding out.

  11. #15251
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales, UK
    Posts
    696
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I keep thinking Year Zero is 13 years ago, not 15

    Also if we lockdown here again I might have to go on a serious deep dive of the album and ARG to occupy my time

  12. #15252
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,130
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    A user on here Warped_savant created an amazing working copy of all the ARG websites, he PMd it to me. I think I still have them all on google drive

  13. #15253
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    137
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    would you mind PMing me them?

    it would be awesome if they were accessible to everyone

  14. #15254
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    4,069
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Just found this in storage from one of the Sydney shows that I forgot I even had (set list, “Sydney2”) with two picks from the gig. Do these usually fetch much on eBay?

    Pic:


  15. #15255
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX 24.24.1.400[Inc]
    Posts
    742
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    I keep thinking Year Zero is 13 years ago, not 15

    Also if we lockdown here again I might have to go on a serious deep dive of the album and ARG to occupy my time
    Here's a bunch of them someone collected years ago. It's not exactly the same experience but it'll sure bring some memories back.

    I enjoy flipping through Exhibit 24 more.

    That said; do you think TR/AR go to the Academy Awards this year? 15 years ago they sorta predicted it wasn't going to be a great event to attend (Page 297).

    Edit: vvv touche vvv my timeline was certainly off. Maybe they cranked it all out last cycle for a reason.
    Last edited by ekrekel; 01-05-2022 at 03:43 PM.

  16. #15256
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,130
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    Here's a bunch of them someone collected years ago. It's not exactly the same experience but it'll sure bring some memories back.

    I enjoy flipping through Exhibit 24 more.

    That said; do you think TR/AR go to the Academy Awards this year? 15 years ago they sorta predicted it wasn't going to be a great event to attend (Page 297).
    It would have been ironic if they were up for awards this year

  17. #15257
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    137
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    was there any other loud noise sound in those year zero arg pages besides the vessel one? i remember getting scared shitless, turning my computer off and running away when i was like 12 when i heard it lmfao
    but now i checked and it doesnt seem that scary at all (granted i expected it and my volume wasnt set too loud but still im curious if there was any other one)

  18. #15258
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    215
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Thought it was a good idea to spend Christmas editing this


  19. #15259
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belarus
    Posts
    3,891
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro995 View Post
    Thought it was a good idea to spend Christmas editing this
    That's a pretty nice random NIN thought for sure!

    Do you have any plans for future projects in mind? I think there's some small chance we might accidentally tackle on the same thing, lol.
    DM me if that's okay, I won't spoil things.

  20. #15260
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    894
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Weird that NIN FB account posted the Came Back Haunted, Audio Only, video today.

    https://fb.watch/anoqlRiyVB/


    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  21. #15261
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    259
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Just found this in storage from one of the Sydney shows that I forgot I even had (set list, “Sydney2”) with two picks from the gig. Do these usually fetch much on eBay?

    Pic:

    Ooooh, that's so cool! I went to the gig the night before! Those NIN guitar picks are awesome.

  22. #15262
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,645
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I want a NIN pick or two. I've never been lucky enough to get one at a show. I've been lucky enough to get them at other shows (APC, Alice in Chains, Smashing Pumpkins, Metallica, Pennywise), but never NIN.

  23. #15263
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    within view of The Rockies
    Posts
    2,389
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I want a NIN pick or two. I've never been lucky enough to get one at a show. I've been lucky enough to get them at other shows (APC, Alice in Chains, Smashing Pumpkins, Metallica, Pennywise), but never NIN.
    I've been to 20 shows, rail for the majority of them, and never gotten a pick/stick/stage goodie other than a setlist from a festival because the security guards were impressed I stayed up there all day just for them. Don't know if it's luck or what. I am however in a friend's will to get a LITS tour tambourine.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions