Page 509 of 527 FirstFirst ... 9 409 459 499 507 508 509 510 511 519 ... LastLast
Results 15,241 to 15,270 of 15809

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3knic View Post
    The remix is crazy, like it was recorded in a circus fun house. I'm not sure of the copy you have but it does sound processed. I have an mp3 copy that I ripped directly from the vinyl when it was released, shoot me a message if you want a link
    Honestly, they could have gone even more bonkers with the panning.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1ke View Post
    Is it just me, or does anyone else think that Head Like a Hole seems a bit out of place on Pretty Hate Machine?

I only mean compared to the rest of the album. I love the song, it just doesn't seem to really fit in with everything else on there to me.
    Yes it sounds a little different from the rest, for the reasons stated. I find “get down make love” on PHMR more jarring/out of place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    gonna play hyperpower just before new year so 2022 begins with the beginning of the end ;_;

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulgaren View Post
    gonna play hyperpower just before new year so 2022 begins with the beginning of the end ;_;
    Start the year off right! Hit play at 11:58:18pm.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    we are getting old! I remember when Year Zero came out, 2022 seemed so far away and yet...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I find it strangely interesting to notice the ways in which i connect to some of the lyrics in certain NIN songs. As an example i could use "The becoming". It really resonates with me in terms of noticing how much i changed over the years while a small part of the old me is figuratively still there, but it never gets out and keeps on fading... more and more. It's probably one of those cases where the listener will find his or her own meaning behind a song.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I wonder if there's something coming since we're actually in Year Zero now?

I'll take the vinyl but if there's an Atmos mix as well and we can hear The Great Destroyer all around? fuck yeah.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'd really love to figure out a way to get all the ARG content onto flash drives that I'd then leave at geocache spots.
    Not entirely sure what that would functionally look like but it'd be fun to do.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I wonder if there's something coming since we're actually in Year Zero now?

I'll take the vinyl but if there's an Atmos mix as well and we can hear The Great Destroyer all around? fuck yeah.
    As corny as it might seem, I feel like this is partially why we didn't get any new reissues this year (in addition to the state of vinyl manufacturing, of course). I think the question is, will it be in April, or in the typical fall window?

Of course, maybe we won't get anything at all.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post
    As corny as it might seem, I feel like this is partially why we didn't get any new reissues this year (in addition to the state of vinyl manufacturing, of course). I think the question is, will it be in April, or in the typical fall window?

Of course, maybe we won't get anything at all.

I hope so. I have almost-purchased used copies of YZ so many times over the last few years, but kept holding out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I keep thinking Year Zero is 13 years ago, not 15

Also if we lockdown here again I might have to go on a serious deep dive of the album and ARG to occupy my time

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    A user on here Warped_savant created an amazing working copy of all the ARG websites, he PMd it to me. I think I still have them all on google drive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    would you mind PMing me them?

it would be awesome if they were accessible to everyone

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Just found this in storage from one of the Sydney shows that I forgot I even had (set list, “Sydney2”) with two picks from the gig. Do these usually fetch much on eBay?

Pic:

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    I keep thinking Year Zero is 13 years ago, not 15

Also if we lockdown here again I might have to go on a serious deep dive of the album and ARG to occupy my time
    Here's a bunch of them someone collected years ago. It's not exactly the same experience but it'll sure bring some memories back.

I enjoy flipping through Exhibit 24 more.

That said; do you think TR/AR go to the Academy Awards this year? 15 years ago they sorta predicted it wasn't going to be a great event to attend (Page 297).

Edit: vvv touche vvv my timeline was certainly off. Maybe they cranked it all out last cycle for a reason.
    Last edited by ekrekel; 01-05-2022 at 02:43 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    Here's a bunch of them someone collected years ago. It's not exactly the same experience but it'll sure bring some memories back.

I enjoy flipping through Exhibit 24 more.

That said; do you think TR/AR go to the Academy Awards this year? 15 years ago they sorta predicted it wasn't going to be a great event to attend (Page 297).
    It would have been ironic if they were up for awards this year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    was there any other loud noise sound in those year zero arg pages besides the vessel one? i remember getting scared shitless, turning my computer off and running away when i was like 12 when i heard it lmfao
    but now i checked and it doesnt seem that scary at all (granted i expected it and my volume wasnt set too loud but still im curious if there was any other one)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Thought it was a good idea to spend Christmas editing this

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro995 View Post
    Thought it was a good idea to spend Christmas editing this
    That's a pretty nice random NIN thought for sure!

Do you have any plans for future projects in mind? I think there's some small chance we might accidentally tackle on the same thing, lol.
    DM me if that's okay, I won't spoil things.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Weird that NIN FB account posted the Came Back Haunted, Audio Only, video today.

https://fb.watch/anoqlRiyVB/

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Just found this in storage from one of the Sydney shows that I forgot I even had (set list, “Sydney2”) with two picks from the gig. Do these usually fetch much on eBay?

Pic:

Ooooh, that's so cool! I went to the gig the night before! Those NIN guitar picks are awesome.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I want a NIN pick or two. I've never been lucky enough to get one at a show. I've been lucky enough to get them at other shows (APC, Alice in Chains, Smashing Pumpkins, Metallica, Pennywise), but never NIN.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I want a NIN pick or two. I've never been lucky enough to get one at a show. I've been lucky enough to get them at other shows (APC, Alice in Chains, Smashing Pumpkins, Metallica, Pennywise), but never NIN.
    I've been to 20 shows, rail for the majority of them, and never gotten a pick/stick/stage goodie other than a setlist from a festival because the security guards were impressed I stayed up there all day just for them. Don't know if it's luck or what. I am however in a friend's will to get a LITS tour tambourine.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I just realized that vocal melody from Underneath It All repeats or references musical melody from The Great Below. Mind = blown. The Easter egg hunt never ends with this album.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I just realized that vocal melody from Underneath It All repeats or references musical melody from The Great Below. Mind = blown. The Easter egg hunt never ends with this album.
    The “all I do I can still feel you” part? Yeah, I only realised that not too long ago myself.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I am looking forward to one day google searching Nine Inch Nails news and not seeing Halsey's name come up.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    I am looking forward to one day google searching Nine Inch Nails news and not seeing Halsey's name come up.
    This past week, I've been checking nin.com in hopes of an update. Anything, really

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Karaoke just came up as a subject at my work (music venue) and I remembered the time I got very drunk and did Closer
    Enjoy these previews of Nine Inch Nails karaoke - https://www.karafun.co.uk/search/?query=nine+inch+nails

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    yes hopefully the future news will include janelle monet’s name with nine inch nails. fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I got to thinking about that "Volume" technology that Lucasfilm uses for shooting The Mandalorian and Book of Boba Fett.

Imagine a NIN concert film of some kind being created in there, the kind of visuals they had when using Moment Factory's gear but now it's even more immersive and has more dimension.