Page 504 of 504 FirstFirst ... 4 404 454 494 502 503 504
Results 15,091 to 15,099 of 15099

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I seem to have mispoke about the Drab Majesty record. It was actually produced by Josh Eustis (another former member of NIN )

Just scrolling through JMJ's wiki, and holy shit! Dude gets around.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    100 likes and 1 dislike on this video.

Love that it includes the “I am building something terrible with all of this” line at the end.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Moreover, I always forget how powerful this performance of SICNH was I recorded back in 2009. Especially that “never…ever…ever…ever…. have” right at the end.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soma View Post
    NIN camp has provided us with a wealth of odd gems these last couple years:

Watchmen soundtrack
    Jehnny Beth “To Love Is To Live” a few tracks produced by Atticus
    Tobacco - “Babysitter”
    Ghosts V / VI
    Mogwai - “Midnight Flit feat Atticus”
    Mank soundtrack
    Soul soundtrack
    HEALTH x Nine Inch Nails “Isn’t Everyone”

JMJ produced the most recent Drab Majesty record, as well as the upcoming Deafheaven record. Also performed with St. Vincent for her recent SNL performance.

Josh Freese & Robin Finck are featured heavily on the new Danny Elfman record.

Ilan recently released a single under his own name. Looks like he is still with Angels & Airwaves.

It seems like Ally is always releasing something new! Most recently SCURO CHIARO

And now the upcoming Halsey album -
    I can’t say I’m a fan of Halsey’s previous work, but I’m willing to be surprised!
    Another thing I just remembered: Robin also did guitar for the Wolfenstein: Youngblood game soundtrack. That was 2019, maybe? So between NIN tours or whatever.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Did TR ever mention that WITT is his tribute/own version of “Heroes” by Bowie?

Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    When I was a kid, I bought the Symphony of Destruction single. I was thrilled that the B-side had a "Gristle Mix" by one Trent Reznor.

Well, I looked it up on YouTube today, and realized that there are ABSOLUTELY samples from Happiness in Slavery in that mix.

And THEN, I found out that there was a longer mix on a Megadeth CD release, and I heard something in THAT that sounded very "proto Wish," as far as the drum pattern.

It SURE sounds like Trent used samples from Broken on the Symphony mix.

What I'M wondering, is, which came first: the megadeth remix, or broken.

Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    When I was a kid, I bought the Symphony of Destruction single. I was thrilled that the B-side had a "Gristle Mix" by one Trent Reznor.

Well, I looked it up on YouTube today, and realized that there are ABSOLUTELY samples from Happiness in Slavery in that mix.

And THEN, I found out that there was a longer mix on a Megadeth CD release, and I heard something in THAT that sounded very "proto Wish," as far as the drum pattern.

It SURE sounds like Trent used samples from Broken on the Symphony mix.

What I'M wondering, is, which came first: the megadeth remix, or broken.
    That's a great question, "Countdown to extinction" was released in July 92 and the first single was "Symphony of Destruction", the "Grisle Mix" was released sometime in 1992, but not sure if it was pre o post Broken. Either way i'm sure Trent used some ideas for broken in the remix just to test how they worked.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Why is Trent explaining the hummingbirds in the background of the "In Conversation" track from HM the best thing ever?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    It's a real shame we never got to see Bowie and Trent perform "I'm Afraid Of Americans" together. I feel like it would have happened at some point had Bowie continued to tour.