Page 528 of 528 FirstFirst ... 28 428 478 518 526 527 528
Results 15,811 to 15,827 of 15827

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    what is he really saying with this article? “i’m becoming something new”. my abandonment feels have been going off since the “hope to see you soon” message. a lot of people online speculating that sentence means he’ll do something nin related but if you ask me, all signs point to no nin from him anytime in the near future. his arc has been amazing and i love watching it continue in this infinite and abundant direction but i can’t help but feel he’s not going to back to the thing from the “dangerous” past. he doesn’t need to. especially with how seemingly great his present is. i wish all the best for him. my hope is that still includes nin but I’m prepared for it to stay on the back burner for now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Is the Remix 2014 EP floating around anywhere? I had it saved and just now realized it didn’t make the jump from Beats to Apple Music.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thinking about Trent's seemingly soft retirement from NIN, as with others, my feelings are mixed. Selfishly, I'll miss looking forward to new NIN albums and/or concerts. However, I understand why he might feel it's time to move on from NIN. NIN's music is so unique in that it really is so damn raw and painfully honest. One of the many things I love about Trent is he never seemed to "fake it." Whatever he sang, I felt that he meant it. Since his art is quite dark, speaking to his many struggles toward finding peace, it would seem unhealthy for him to go onstage and try to relive those emotions and memories for a months-long tour. Again, he's not one to fake it and his body of work just isn't something you can perform as some detached character (he mentioned that in his recent Dastmalchian interview). That honesty was what gives his music so much power. In another old Woodstock video that was posted here, Trent also mentioned he'd rather be dead than do a nostalgia tour. Again, I can appreciate that: I'd rather he retire NIN than go out to just do it for a paycheck. Given the ambiguous signals from "see you soon," to his comment about exploring writing during his Dastmalchian interview, it seems he's still working out his next creative move. I look forward to whatever that is and, personally, am grateful for all the music, and memories, he's given me throughout most of my life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wonder what the With Teeth trademark application is for - some kind of digital entertainment service? It seems like something is being planned.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSlfDstruct View Post
    Is the Remix 2014 EP floating around anywhere? I had it saved and just now realized it didn’t make the jump from Beats to Apple Music.
    http://nindestruct.com/music.html (under the 'Seeds' section)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    I wonder why “The Fragile” title track was played live so sparsely, especially when promoting its namesake? It got that professional live TV treatment, and appeared after the encore on a few dates in 2000, but only got some heavy rotation in 2009.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    I wonder why “The Fragile” title track was played live so sparsely, especially when promoting its namesake? It got that professional live TV treatment, and appeared after the encore on a few dates in 2000, but only got some heavy rotation in 2009.
    May be a little boring to play live, and it might be a hard song to fit into a set list because it's such a slow burn.

The Fragile era seemed kind of promotionally confused. Video for the first single scraped, second single was played live once only years after the fact, third single didn't get much live love, the hailmary play that was "starsuckers"

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by explodey View Post
    I wonder what the With Teeth trademark application is for - some kind of digital entertainment service? It seems like something is being planned.
    Didn't Trent mention around the time of its release that there was some book he was working on that was associated with the album? Maybe I'm way off, but I seem to remember it being mentioned.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    http://nindestruct.com/music.html (under the 'Seeds' section)
    Thanks so much, and what a great find in that site. My attention hasn't been what it used to be so that's new to me. Thanks again, I love this community.

This is one I was always waiting for. I'm grateful to have the MTV performance since it IS such a rarity. I always thought it would be a good opener. Slow burn into a heavy ending could lead into so many songs.
    Last edited by MrSlfDstruct; 04-01-2024 at 12:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by explodey View Post
    Well, now we know!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Sitting on a train, listening to instrumentals, I am noticing just how much the Moog synth features on TDS. The Perfect Drug also appears to be the only NIN song to have cowbell.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    @elevenism - think this from NIN Spotting will resonate with you a lot. Over And Out.

https://www.interviewmagazine.com/fi...d-their-demons

REZNOR: I appreciate you saying that. As we head to the end of this, the thing that I’ve asked myself is, I can’t kid myself that I’m young anymore. You know what I mean? You’ll find out.

DASTMALCHIAN: My Fiber Well gummies remind me every morning that I am far from it, my friend.

REZNOR: I’ve started to think more about how things are finite. What matters? My kids matter, my wife matters. But in terms of my work, really just thinking about that. What’s the hill that I want to climb and what am I getting from it? The answer that I’ve come to is the feeling of finishing a song in the studio and feeling like this is the best work I can do. You might like it, you might not. It might be successful, or no one will pay any attention to it. But I know I tapped into something. That’s the payoff. It’s not the chart position or the snarky comments or the praise or the feedback. I’m not saying those things don’t play roles, but it’s not the point. For me, if I tap into that thing, and the creation process, I have a value that I didn’t. It might be the broken voice in me that still speaks up, but I feel validated. For you is it acting? Is it writing? Is it with Good Fiend Films, your production company?
    Absolutely, with the aging.
    And, oddly enough, i, myself, am working on an avant-garde music project my wife and mother don't even like. But it's what i want to do...in fact, i feel like i HAVE to do it. Jesus, dude.
    Did i mention that, or is it some fucking strange synchronicity?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Absolutely, with the aging.
    And, oddly enough, i, myself, am working on an avant-garde music project my wife and mother don't even like. But it's what i want to do...in fact, i feel like i HAVE to do it. Jesus, dude.
    Did i mention that, or is it some fucking strange synchronicity?
    It’s elevenism synchronicity 11:11.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Got to be in one of the best locations on the continent, within the totality, to watch the solar eclipse build. My soundtrack for the experience was Further Down The Spiral and Recoiled.

Quote Originally Posted by blindpig View Post
    Well, now we know!
    This is what it feels like

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I'd like to hear NIN cover something by The Doors. Maybe "Love Me Two Times."

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    There is an alternate universe in which Ghosts V and VI were released as Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross albums rather than NIN. That universe is balanced, there's no war and hunger there. (But also still no Year Zero and The Slip reissues).

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    There is an alternate universe in which Ghosts V and VI were released as Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross albums rather than NIN. That universe is balanced, there's no war and hunger there. (But also still no Year Zero and The Slip reissues).
    For me, that's the way I look at them. I typically forget they exist, and think of Bad Witch as the last NIN material released. Given the blurred lines of the Ghosts material and how it was basically foreshadowing their film work, they probably should have just been released as TR/AR.