Page 445 of 445 FirstFirst ... 345 395 435 443 444 445
Results 13,321 to 13,327 of 13327

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    From the Stereogum.com interview:

STEREOGUM: Do your kids like your music?
    REZNOR: The little they’ve been allowed to listen to. [Laughs]

I definitely cracked a smile when I read this! I wonder which songs they've listened to

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Where is the mp3 of I can’t give everything away?!
    https://soundcloud.com/martin-taylor...y-farewell-mix

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Where is the mp3 of I can’t give everything away?!
    @bobbie solo 's link is a live version. NIN actually uploaded a studio version on soundcloud anonymously before they ever even played it live. Unfortunately they took down the soundcloud account, so you can't get it straight from the source anymore. Google around for it and you should be able to find it. If you can't, PM me and I'll find a way to get it to you.

Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    Together... 'The Day The World Went Away' (The Fragile, Still, Quiet) is the best song Trent has ever written.
    'The Day The World Went Away' (The Fragile, Still, Quiet) is the best song Trent has ever written.
    'The Day The World Went Away' (The Fragile, Still, Quiet) is the best song Trent has ever written.

Hooooo-ooooooh...

(live Fragility version chimes in)

'The Day The World Went Away' (The Fragile, Still, Quiet) is the best song Trent has ever written!

'The Day The World Went Away' (The Fragile, Still, Quiet) is the best song Trent has ever written!

"YAAH-OOH!" *power chords*

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    U guys r nuts. Down In It is where it's at! Period.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dedevoce View Post
    I think there will be a new studio album in the first quarter of 2019.
    I don't know why I didn't think of saying this sooner. Anyway, I'm going to ballpark it around 2020 being the earliest and 2023 being the latest at this rate, just based on previous experience and overall happenings.

I sometimes forget how lucky and spoiled we've been from 2005-2018. Perhaps it's also the Internet being very synonymous with instant gratification, but with that many releases, including the the releases outside of NIN, would be something I'm sure fans would've killed for between The Downward Spiral, The Fragile and With Teeth.

I was just thinking about this again, because Not The Actual Events only came out 3 years after Hesitation Marks, and then Add Violence and Bad Witch coming out just year by year afterwards. I sometimes had to stop for a moment and just take that in, which makes me very grateful. It also occurred to me that my question about NIN coming out with other EPs was also answered, and liked how they can hold up to Broken and Still in terms of storylines and aesthetics.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Seeing Trent take down the exit sign and seeing him get carried off like that is still one of the my most favorite and overall satisfying highlights from Closure.