Page 457 of 457 FirstFirst ... 357 407 447 455 456 457
Results 13,681 to 13,692 of 13692

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Listen to the sample of Love is Not Enough in this tape (source 2): http://ninlive.com/shows/2005/20050518.html and tell me the beats at the very beginning weren't reused by Trent on The Great Destroyer
    I effing love that song live. Hot damn, those power chords.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Listen to the sample of Love is Not Enough in this tape (source 2): http://ninlive.com/shows/2005/20050518.html and tell me the beats at the very beginning weren't reused by Trent on The Great Destroyer
    And, well, the timing makes sense with putting Year Zero together on the road the next touring leg.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    been listening to a lot of tapes from the last tour. i love how Trent throws down the random HEY!. kind of like a really pale James Brown...

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    After the London shows last year and the EPs and following recordings of the CBI tour i am ridiculously excited for the new stuff in 2019. Just hope we aren't waiting till December!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The only two genres/directions that TR/NIN haven't done yet that I would die to hear would be some more progressive rock/metal type songs and shoegaze/post-rock type instrumentals. I feel like after the trilogy and bad witch that TR/AR are going in a more art-rock/metal direction which is awesome too.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I'm not really expecting new NIN this year, to be honest. A full album of music spread out over the past two years, a bunch of touring, pretty much an entire album cycle, I think that means that Trent and Atticus will put NIN on the backburner for a little while to focus on other things. I'm anticipating mostly score stuff and the vinyl reissues, but maybe there'll be something weird too, like new HTDA or even a new side project. Not NIN, though.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post
    I'm not really expecting new NIN this year, to be honest. A full album of music spread out over the past two years, a bunch of touring, pretty much an entire album cycle, I think that means that Trent and Atticus will put NIN on the backburner for a little while to focus on other things. I'm anticipating mostly score stuff and the vinyl reissues, but maybe there'll be something weird too, like new HTDA or even a new side project. Not NIN, though.
    I would tend to agree. Maybe a one-off single as an experiment. Maybe as part of the greatest hits they owe to Interscope. Hopefully some of the Vibyl thatís been long overdue. Maybe a summer festival circuit.

In some ways I think a break is good. Leave people wanting more. Wait until you are recharged and have something really fresh and interesting to say.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post
    I had expectations that HTDA would be the next major release. However, didn't Trent say in an interview during the touring cycle that the next nin project was already planned?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    I don't see us getting any new Nine Inch Nails music this year (I'd love to be proven wrong, of course), but we're getting new score material at least, and I'm hoping we'll get some anniversary goodies for The Downward Spiral and/or The Fragile.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I don't see us getting any new Nine Inch Nails music this year (I'd love to be proven wrong, of course), but we're getting new score material at least, and I'm hoping we'll get some anniversary goodies for The Downward Spiral and/or The Fragile.
    If we do, i think it'll be something like NTAE was and come out at the tail end of the year. Atticus did say they know what the next NIN release is going to be and they were excited to begin working on it. Hopefully this year we get DEs for With Teeth, The Slip, and Year Zero. The Watchman Score, and *fingers crossed* a Live and Cold and Black and Infinite release.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    I had expectations that HTDA would be the next major release. However, didn't Trent say in an interview during the touring cycle that the next nin project was already planned?
    He did say that, yes. But we'll have the Watchmen score before that. And that's certainly going to be very cool.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I'm listening to The Fragile: Deviations 1 for the first time in a long time and about halfway through "One Way To Get There" this weird percussion starts up in the background and I'm 99% positive it's either the exact percussion from "Memorabilia" sped up or is heavily inspired by it.