Page 455 of 528 FirstFirst ... 355 405 445 453 454 455 456 457 465 505 ... LastLast
Results 13,621 to 13,650 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I really love this bit from @ninlive about the New Years Eve 1994 show.

"Supposedly at the show (Detroit 12/31), there was a countdown to the New Year followed by a NIN, Pop Will Eat Itself, and the Jime Rose Circus coming together on stage to sing Auld Lang Syne, Finck did a harmonica solo, then NIN began their encore set."

Hopefully we get to hear Robin's sick harmonica solo some day.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 02-06-2019 at 12:52 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Since we are bored…

Imagine, Trent and Atticus interviewed on Hot Ones with Sean Evans. Could they go the distance? Who could make this happen?

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I only have CDs to play in my car. So I made a trilogy album and really the first time I listened to all of it. Damn, all of the tracks are so good. I can't believe how much I love Burning Bright. I still think Add Violence is my favorite out of the 3 EPs. Ahead of Ourselves is probably my favorite from Bad Witch.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    Since we are bored…

Imagine, Trent and Atticus interviewed on Hot Ones with Sean Evans. Could they go the distance? Who could make this happen?
    isn't trent a vegetarian? he'd probably be eating hot tofu instead of hot wings, which i'm guessing would be blasphemy to a lot of people. BUT i love those interviews and i think it'd be a lot of fun.

atticus would probably just vape the hot sauce, amirite?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    isn't trent a vegetarian? he'd probably be eating hot tofu instead of hot wings, which i'm guessing would be blasphemy to a lot of people. BUT i love those interviews and i think it'd be a lot of fun.

Cauliflower wings >>>>>>>>>>>> tofu wings

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    isn't trent a vegetarian?
    I've never heard this one before. Could be true, wouldn't shock me.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

They've had vegetarians/vegans on the show before. They just do tofu wings or some other veggie-based item.

And I'd watch the hell out of that, but I feel like it might be a little too silly for Trent & Atticus.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

That answer has been archived here bb! :-) Sadly the myspace page that was the source (a person got to interview TR) along w/ the other links is ded ded ded.
    Last edited by m0reta; 02-08-2019 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Also that is very oold and does not necessarily confirm TR's current diet preferences. ;-D

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post
    That answer has been archived here bb! :-) Sadly the myspace page that was the source (a person got to interview TR) along w/ the other links is ded ded ded.
    To be fair, that was a decade ago, who knows now

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Trent's pretty conscious of his image. I think his willingness to let his hair down would not reach what's required to go through the Hot Ones thing. Those last 4 or 5 sauces usually kick your ass and reactions can be pretty severe/hilarious. Dunno if Trent would want to appear that way.

That being said, I would absolutely love to be proven wrong. Would be a great interview. Sean has some great questions generally.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I've been a Hot Ones fan since day 1 and it never crossed my mind even once to have TR & AR as guests on the show. I don't think the format his compatible with their personalities. Furthermore, they are just not "mainstream" enough for the show in my opinion.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    I've been a Hot Ones fan since day 1 and it never crossed my mind even once to have TR & AR as guests on the show. I don't think the format his compatible with their personalities. Furthermore, they are just not "mainstream" enough for the show in my opinion.
    I wouldn't say they're not mainstream enough for it. I just don't see them really fitting in with the format. The show seems to attract comedians and rappers for the most part. Trent & Atticus are very subdued, so I'm not sure they would bring enough humor to the proceedings.

On a related note, this year will mark ten years since Trent did his fan Q&A, and I would love it if he and Atticus did another one.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    ...CDs to play in my car. So I made a trilogy album...
    mp3tag says all three are 78m41s, did it fit on one Audio CD?

Also, ADD VIOLENCE is the best one indeed. :-)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    mp3tag says all three are 78m41s, did it fit on one Audio CD?
    CD-Rs can go to 80 minutes, so it should just fit on one.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Yeah, I was pretty stoked this made it to one CD! I arranged them in an order I thought they would flow. Even though Trent stated that they are supposed to be listened to in succession.

The tracks really translated well live. I would love to hear Background World be played as the last song one time and loop distort out like it does on the album. One by one the band members walk off stage... Doesn't have to be the full 14 minutes. But an extended edited version would be awesome.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Greta Van Fleet won best rock album at the grammys. I Saw them on SNL a couple weeks ago for the first time and could not stop thinking they are a joke - like Tenacious D or something. They are like a parody of a 70' rock cover band, led by Frodo Baggins. I don't get it at all.

Bad Witch was a work of art.

Kids these days, grumble grumble, get off my lawn...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I would absolutely love to find out that TR/AR are secretly working on music for the Twilight Zone revival. Been watching that series for the first time this past week and it’s a trip. I think I’ve seen three episode titles so far that were used for song titles in Trent’s projects (which I’m 100% sure is common knowledge here, I’m just late to the party), so that’d be one reason I’d like to see it happen, but also because it really feels like their music would suit the show’s tone wonderfully. I can imagine a number of Ghosts/TSN/TGWTDT/etc. songs that could be dubbed over any given episode from the original series and still fit in perfectly.

Of course, I’m biased as fuck, but...really, who would be a better fit?
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 02-12-2019 at 07:18 AM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    I would absolutely love to find out that TR/AR are secretly working on music for the Twilight Zone revival. Been watching that series for the first time this past week and it’s a trip. I think I’ve seen three episode titles so far that were used for song titles in Trent’s projects (which I’m 100% sure is common knowledge here, I’m just late to the party), so that’d be one reason I’d like to see it happen, but also because it really feels like their music would suit the show’s tone wonderfully. I can imagine a number of Ghosts/TSN/TGWTDT/etc. songs that could be dubbed over any given episode from the original series and still fit in perfectly.

Of course, I’m biased as fuck, but...really, who would be a better fit?
    It's definitely possible. The original series used music from different composers throughout it's run, and Black Mirror has already set a precedent for having well-known composers score episodes (including an episode scored by the 12 Rounds crew).

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I had a dream that i won a 3.7 billion dollar Mega millions jackpot and I used my money to convince Trent (by donating alot to some charity of his choice) to host an ETS exclusive show at Red Rocks.... then i woke up and was sad.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    I had a dream that i won a 3.7 billion dollar Mega millions jackpot and I used my money to convince Trent (by donating alot to some charity of his choice) to host an ETS exclusive show at Red Rocks.... then i woke up and was sad.
    How much did you donate?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patj825 View Post
    How much did you donate?
    I think it was like 50 million or something like that.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I somehow always seem to imitate the tones and sounds from the percussion instruments on Pretty Hate Machine whenever i make percs in a DAW. They aren't intentional clones or even intentional imitations. They always just sound a bit similar. Probably because i really like them. ~ Random NIN thoughts after closing a DAW.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Listen to the sample of Love is Not Enough in this tape (source 2): http://ninlive.com/shows/2005/20050518.html and tell me the beats at the very beginning weren't reused by Trent on The Great Destroyer
    Last edited by fillow; 02-16-2019 at 12:00 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Listen to the sample of Love is Not Enough in this tape (source 2): http://ninlive.com/shows/2005/20050518.html and tell me the beats at the very beginning weren't reused by Trent on The Great Destroyer
    "Reused" probably isn't completely accurate. It's more likely that Trent just used the same instrument.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Greta Van Fleet won best rock album at the grammys. I Saw them on SNL a couple weeks ago for the first time and could not stop thinking they are a joke - like Tenacious D or something. They are like a parody of a 70' rock cover band, led by Frodo Baggins. I don't get it at all.

Bad Witch was a work of art.

Kids these days, grumble grumble, get off my lawn...
    I'm not surprised that GVF won that category because they were basically the only rock band to get any mainstream airtime aside from Fallout Boy this year. The rock category was more anemic than usual this year, which is really saying something because it's been a race to the bottom for years.

Bad Witch really should have been nominated, not because it got a ton of airplay (rock generally doesn't now for anybody) but because of how successful the tour was. I kept seeing tags about it all over Twitter and Instagram from folks that I didn't even peg as fans. That's usually enough to get their attention for a new album.

Buuuut....I don't think Trent will ever be up for a Grammy ever again since providing them a "heartfelt FUCK YOU GUYS" on Twitter a few years back. And I don't think it bothers him at all to not be nominated. He's won before, and has frankly accomplished a lot more than winning a Grammy. He's at the stage in his career where it doesn't matter at all. I think it's really fun for new artists to win them, then they quickly realize what a racket the Grammy's really are. Plus, music award shows aren't really popular like they were when I was growing up.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I wouldn't say they're not mainstream enough for it. I just don't see them really fitting in with the format. The show seems to attract comedians and rappers for the most part. Trent & Atticus are very subdued, so I'm not sure they would bring enough humor to the proceedings.
    I think I have the answer... Ilan. Ilan on Hot Ones. Yeah.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I effing love that song live. Hot damn, those power chords.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    And, well, the timing makes sense with putting Year Zero together on the road the next touring leg.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    been listening to a lot of tapes from the last tour. i love how Trent throws down the random HEY!. kind of like a really pale James Brown...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    After the London shows last year and the EPs and following recordings of the CBI tour i am ridiculously excited for the new stuff in 2019. Just hope we aren't waiting till December!