Page 450 of 450 FirstFirst ... 350 400 440 448 449 450
Results 13,471 to 13,474 of 13474

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    A proper WT remix album would have been superb. There's so much cool stuff hiding in plain sound even when it comes to those seemingly straightforward tracks, just begging to be used as the backbone of weird re-interpretations.

Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    I'll take anything over Hurt closing live shows. It's a great song, there is no doubting that, but just such a bummer of an ending.
    Fans shouting "YEAH YOU ARE!" after the "I am still right here" line a'la Panorama 2017 should become a tradition. We all know how much the man hates being hackled during Hurt, but that moment was magical; as if it totally changed the song into some kind of celebration. I think everyone there loved it.
    Last edited by Microwave Jellyfish; Yesterday at 05:42 AM. Reason: engine thinking urls=vids

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    La Mer from And All That Could Have Been and Beside You In Time from Beside You In Time still sometimes manage to choke me up a bit from time to time.

Both songs along with their visuals from those DVDs just cut right through even when I'm not choked up.

For La Mer, it's the part where Trent lifts his arms at the screen and steps sideways as he brushes his arms on it. For Beside You In Time, it's the visual special effect of Trent shattering a gigantic screen with the mic stand.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    What if nin instead of closing shows with hurt, closed with Right Where It Belongs. it's a closing song for sure, and eludes to the ties between Year Zero and Add Violence, imo. I know it might not be what was intended but... an elaborate dream, it just works.

One more thought about this... I just want to clarify, I do really like Hurt. I don't want anyone to get the wrong impression here. But, Right Where It Belongs could be a nice alternative sometimes to mix things up, like especially if it fits the "theme" of a setlist.

(yes, I quoted myself...)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    There was a digital only remix EP for Hesitation Marks, but yeah, I would love to see more remixes. I would especially love to see Alessandro do a remix of some of the newer material.
    I want Alessandro's version of A Warm Place in studio.