Page 382 of 527 FirstFirst ... 282 332 372 380 381 382 383 384 392 432 482 ... LastLast
Results 11,431 to 11,460 of 15809

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinata89 View Post
    I find myself feeling opposite to this. While I do agree that I'm also surprised it is not as politically-charged as I expected (especially since it alludes connections to Year Zero and the ARG), I am very thankful it is not.
    Same. YZ already gave us the head-on political stuff, and based near current era (with some things eventually becoming true or near-true). It could risk repetition, or going too close to ideas already explored.
    Last edited by blassster; 08-29-2017 at 03:53 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I get the feeling that Aaron and Twiggy teased Alessandro when they all toured together.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Anyone here reading the little blurbs in the NIN discography?

I thought And All That Could Have Been has an interesting description and wonder what Trent means by "WORKING ON IT" when he brings up being out of print. Will we be getting a reissue?

Also Besides You In Time says "THE VIDEO PORTION EXISTS SOMEWHERE."
    Last edited by neorev; 08-29-2017 at 06:20 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Re-watching Joe's Apartment after God knows how many years tonight, and whoah. Nice shirt.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I miss The Hole.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulerage View Post
    The Q&A's from 2004 have him saying something similar to this: "i can't watch it at all. i was sick for most of that tour and i really don't think it was nine inch nails at it's best -- i was certainly not at MY best."

https://web.archive.org/web/20070514...1_04/index.php
    so it's not as much disowning as it's just being and artist and growing from some of your past aesthetic choices I guess

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    I get the feeling that Aaron and Twiggy teased Alessandro when they all toured together.
    the bullies always get to the gay kids lol

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hani View Post
    so it's not as much disowning as it's just being and artist and growing from some of your past aesthetic choices I guess
    With all due respect, I don't think it has anything to do with aesthetic choices. He remembers what state of mind he was in and can probably remember or at least tell by watching himself what he felt like back then and how fucked up he was. It's just not enjoyable to see video footage of yourself from the worst period of your life. I wouldn't say disowning as much as not wanting to revisit the past and be reminded of that time in his life.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I am the bullet in the gun.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Random nin thought while stoned: has the word MONEY been used in a nine inch nails song since head like a hole? With all the call backs lately, I think he should get some on part 3.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    With all due respect, I don't think it has anything to do with aesthetic choices. He remembers what state of mind he was in and can probably remember or at least tell by watching himself what he felt like back then and how fucked up he was. It's just not enjoyable to see video footage of yourself from the worst period of your life. I wouldn't say disowning as much as not wanting to revisit the past and be reminded of that time in his life.
    well yes, also, but that we don't know for sure. we know, but do we *know*?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nick999 View Post
    Random nin thought while stoned: has the word MONEY been used in a nine inch nails song since head like a hole? With all the call backs lately, I think he should get some on part 3.
    It has not! http://apocalyptech.com/ninlyrics/in...ms_restrict=on

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    An alleged Charlie Clouser responds to the making of Starfuckers (sounds/looks too legit to not be him)

https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comment...arfuckers_inc/
    Not enough 'nucca's

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Not enough 'nucca's

If it's not him then he's going to great lengths to play the imposter. There's a lot of detail in there, some of which I had never read before, so it seems like something you could check on.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HurtinMinorKey View Post
    If it's not him then he's going to great lengths to play the imposter. There's a lot of detail in there, some of which I had never read before, so it seems like something you could check on.
    Thanks, I already did and was making a joke about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quietime View Post
    NIN T-Shirt spotted during WWE.com photo shoot in New York City's Chinatown @ 0:37 seconds.

I do love me some Bliss, but it would've been major cooler if it was Nikki Cross.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _T_B_W_ View Post
    I do love me some Bliss, but it would've been major cooler if it was Nikki Cross.
    I have the biggest crush on Alexa Bliss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    She's definitely on my Fave 5

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    Ditto!
    This makes me love her even more!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Who doesn't love Alexa Bliss? She is so cool.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Sometimes I like to pretend Lenny Kravitz is doing backup vocals after the guitar solo in "The Wretched".

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The very ending of Right Where it Belongs always makes me want to tear up… those piano notes. Feels like Trent was finally free after all the shit through Broken, TDS, Fragile

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Hi Trent, Closure turns 20 this year, so i have a very simple request: why the fuck don't you throw into fucking pirate bay the fucking complete further down the spiral show that never saw the fucking light? we know you still fucking have it since you added some mr self destruct footage to the fucking closure apendage...thanks!

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    So, I made an interesting discovery today. The "DJ Edit" of Wish on Demos & Remixes is not the "No Bad Words Mix" which is the US radio edit. Rather, it is the "Radio Edit" which is longer, censored differently, and exclusive to UK promo vinyl.

That means tracks 10-12 on Demos & Remixes are all UK exclusive. As such, it's not unreasonable to hypothesize that the compiler of the bootleg lives in the U.K. Following that train of thought, I think it's possible that the leaked demos from tracks 1-5 came from the London sessions at Blackwing Studios with John Fryer, from someone who had access to them there.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I was looking over my TDS Definitive Edition today, and it made me realize something that made me feel really dumb.

For the longest time, I thought that the text on the outer sleeve of TDS (I have the BMG edition) was purple. A very dark purple. I thought it was an interesting touch, and a complement to the blue text in the booklet - two colors that you might not expect to be associated with an album like TDS.

But now that I'm looking at the DE, I realized that it's always been just...brown. Something about the way the original is printed made it look purplish to me and I just accepted that, until today. Weird.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    I was looking over my TDS Definitive Edition today, and it made me realize something that made me feel really dumb.

For the longest time, I thought that the text on the outer sleeve of TDS (I have the BMG edition) was purple. A very dark purple. I thought it was an interesting touch, and a complement to the blue text in the booklet - two colors that you might not expect to be associated with an album like TDS.

But now that I'm looking at the DE, I realized that it's always been just...brown. Something about the way the original is printed made it look purplish to me and I just accepted that, until today. Weird.
    There actually is a variant with purple text (if I remember correctly) that is the Dutch version of TDS on vinyl.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Really enjoying the Panorama webcast today; 'Less Than' is the mashing of 'Copy' and 'Hand that Feeds.' Ground-breaking it is not but frankly a band has to bring the bangers. This is kind of similarity is fine from my critical perspective as long as tracks like 'This isn't the Place' explore odd timing and keyboard textures.

YouTube commenters point out that Ross is adding details to things like the coda of 'Pigs.' Something sounding fresher, this must be it. Also a subtle surprise- the Closer piano coda with the meek, falsetto chorus is new and nicely done. I saw 'Copy' during the Tension Tour, this version has muscular drum fills, different delays on the vocal and lacks for sleekness, but its now rock and not minimal techno. Still think single edits of this one and 'Low' could've been radio hits.

'Gave Up' is ending and the band is getting free with the noise. Being a viewer of hundreds of noise shows and auxillary (Sp) player in a couple acts, I fully support NIN extending this kind of coda for minutes more.

Gorgeous cover of Bowie. Seems like 'Lovers' will replace 'Find my Way' as the weirdly IDM-influenced ballad. Wish (ahem) that a different dirge would replace 'Reptile,' never been a fan. 'She's Gone Away' would sound great in its place. Hopefully I will experience 'Burning Bright' on an amphitheater scale soundsystem someday, its an arena rock song congealed in Sludge metal (a la the Body). I find it very uplifting.

Back to the show
    Last edited by SarahConnor; 09-04-2017 at 01:49 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Now I'm onto this:

In retrospect, this tour seems legendary. However at the time it got a lukewarm reception yeah? I tried to round-up some friends to make an 8-hour round trip to St. Louis, on a school night no less, no takers. But wow that show would've set teen SarahConnor on a different path I'm sure. Too bad the tee shirts on eBay are pretty grim looking or else I'd buy one.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahConnor View Post
    ...as long as tracks like 'This isn't the Place' explore odd timing and keyboard textures...
    ok, you're the second person i've seen mention an "odd timing" aspect to "this isn't the place" and i'm really confused because that song is in straight 3/4 time. is there something i'm missing, or are y'all hallucinating?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    ok, you're the second person i've seen mention an "odd timing" aspect to "this isn't the place" and i'm really confused because that song is in straight 3/4 time. is there something i'm missing, or are y'all hallucinating?
    I think they're talking about the 3/4 against 6/8 that becomes prominent at about 1:11 through 1:58, and then returns again later. (The song is 6/8, btw, not 3/4.)