Page 479 of 527 FirstFirst ... 379 429 469 477 478 479 480 481 489 ... LastLast
Results 14,341 to 14,370 of 15809

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Came into work today (I do maintenance work), and my co-worker was blasting Year Zero in the gymnasium of the building we're working in. Some of his music choices have been a bit questionable (he played the same Evanescence CD three times in a row during one shift), but this was a very pleasant surprise!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    If Trent hadn't put NIN on the back-burner after Fragility, I wonder if Danny and Charlie would have stayed in the band.

I also wonder if the resulting album would've even been good. He may not be with us today if not for that hiatus.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    If Trent hadn't put NIN on the back-burner after Fragility, I wonder if Danny and Charlie would have stayed in the band.

I also wonder if the resulting album would've even been good. He may not be with us today if not for that hiatus.
    I would imagine so, Charlie Clouser suggested he only stuck around for so long because of the promise of Tapeworm or he’d have gone back to LA with Robin Finck

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Splitting off from the Spotting thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    That album comes out, the band goes into rehearsal mode (in the Bahamas? Am I remembering that right?)
    Tha's right, it was the Bahamas - I remember it from Robin's story about the first time he ever encountered a plantain, waiting for it to ripen into the biggest, most wonderful banana he was sure he would ever eat.
    Also, timestamps like:

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    This was posted over on Reddit by "randompersonx"
    Cold and Black and Infinite Tour - (4K Rare Video)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    My first NIN concert was 20 years ago today! Dug out my ticket stub, and watching a recording of it on youtube to celebrate. It's shockingly watchable for what looks to be a camcorder recording from 20 years ago!

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    I wasn’t aware that Rob commented on this until now:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/rob-sheridan-ama-34278427

Q (u/Meryl-D):
    Hi Rob!
    I'm sorry I don't actually have a question about High Level as I haven't read it yet (I do plan to order it soon, though!)
    First, I'd like to see I absolutely love the art you did for the recent The New Regime record!

I have a question about one of the artworks you did for NIN's The Slip, specifically Demon Seed. What does it represent exactly? I like the way it stands out from the other artworks.
    A:
    Demon Seed was the end of the journey of the red line that moved through the artwork of that record, trying to make sense of the rigid forms, sometimes fighting them, before finally overtaking them. It was Trent's idea to have the line take over Demon Seed so completely/aggressively. It tied in to the meaning behind the music, which isn't my place to discuss as TR tends to keep that stuff close to his chest.
    @piggy
    maybe add to the ninwiki article for The Slip and/or Demon Seed?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Is it just me, or does the guy dancing around at the start of this look like a young TR (the face, not the hair)?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Is it just me, or does the guy dancing around at the start of this look like a young TR (the face, not the hair)?
    Not really. The nose is similar.

Only thing I can say about it is that the music doesn't fit the game. Too much Fallout, not enough Genitorturers.

I feel the same way watching this trailer as when that Doom Eternal rap trailer was released.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Does anyone have an exact date as to when the Natural Born Killers 12" soundtrack was released in the US, specially the 2016 OST Pressing.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    This is one of my goto music release sites & they don't list a 2016 release for NBK, just the 2014 (they do have Lost Hightway from 2016).

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    Does anyone have an exact date as to when the Natural Born Killers 12" soundtrack was released in the US, specially the 2016 OST Pressing.
    Discogs doesn't list a 2016 release, so I'm not sure what you're referring to. I have the 2015 reissue, but I picked it up in 2016 (May) and can only offer "some time in the last 6 months of 2015 or first 5 months of 2016" as a release, sorry.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Would have loved to hear a Coil rendition of The Perfect Drug. I love all their NIN remixes. Sucks that they turned it down. I feel their inclusion would have made TPD Versions more memorable.

RIP John and Peter.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Would have loved to hear a Coil rendition of The Perfect Drug. I love all their NIN remixes. Sucks that they turned it down. I feel their inclusion would have made TPD Versions more memorable.

RIP John and Peter.
    i didn't know they were considered for it! that would have been incredible.

i'm still sad we didn't get to hear what peter was working on remix-wise for HTDA. it sounded nuts!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Discogs doesn't list a 2016 release, so I'm not sure what you're referring to. I have the 2015 reissue, but I picked it up in 2016 (May) and can only offer "some time in the last 6 months of 2015 or first 5 months of 2016" as a release, sorry.
    I just saw that Amazon has it listed as November 13, 2015 so I guess that would be an accurate release date for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    came up in my itunes shuffle today. was just thinking about it. imo one of his best remimxes. hbd

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro995 View Post
    Nice work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    anyone else think the 2020 tour existed to create a hype train for a planned 2021 record? or am i looking for parallels to 2006 (WT era ending with teases for YZ) that aren't there.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vincenzomilione View Post
    anyone else think the 2020 tour existed to create a hype train for a planned 2021 record? or am i looking for parallels to 2006 (WT era ending with teases for YZ) that aren't there.
    There will be beating of breasts, grinding of teeth, and rioting in the streets if we don't get at least something in 2022 for Year Zero. 2021 be damned.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    There will be beating of breasts, grinding of teeth, and rioting in the streets if we don't get at least something in 2022 for Year Zero. 2021 be damned.
    Oh, we're getting something alright. I'm afraid Trent might have inadvertently actually predicted the end of the us.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Swcondly.

It bums me out that YouTube pariah, manipulative piece of shit, and general pedo vibe dude Onision has NIN posters in his house and wears various NIN shirts in his insane videos.

And sometimes, when he gets real serious, he speaks in a style that could be mistaken for lost NIN lyrics.

After hearing his name all over the place, from No Jumper and the like, I finally took a deep.dive.

And yeah, NIN everywhere, all up in his content. :/

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Swcondly.

It bums me out that YouTube pariah, manipulative piece of shit, and general pedo vibe dude Onision has NIN posters in his house and wears various NIN shirts in his insane videos.

And sometimes, when he gets real serious, he speaks in a style that could be mistaken for lost NIN lyrics.

After hearing his name all over the place, from No Jumper and the like, I finally took a deep.dive.

And yeah, NIN everywhere, all up in his content. :/
    You aren't the only one. I get secondhand embarrassment anytime a chud likes something I like. Like that edgelord that was just on trial for murder who quoted Heresy at the judge/jury or whatever. Fuck you dude, you killed somebody. Don't drag my favorite band into your nonsense.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Today would've been an anniversary of 2014 Kiev (Ukraine) show, but it was cancelled.
    I was planning to hit three shows in a row (Moscow, St Pete and Kiev) but they fucking cancelled all three and I didn't have enough time to plan a trip farther to the west. Long story short, I needed to renew my passport first before applying for schengen visa and there was no time to do both. (Didn't need a visa for these three shows).
    I was so fucking mad I nearly didn't listen to NIN at all for almost a year and didn't watch any of 13/14 proshots (to this day I've only seen that Tension show on youtube but none of the rest).

Still, we've got this amazing photo reminder:
    Last edited by fillow; 06-17-2020 at 10:29 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    This is the time when NIN should release YZ2, a 2 CD set. CD#1 is what happens if the bad guys win. CD#2 is what happens if the good guys win... my 2 cents

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Now, not in 2022?

That's a cool idea, though. I'd be down for it.
    The political and social climate is perfect right now, besides we don't know we'll make it to 2022 at the pace we're going...

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Wtf I love hesitation marks now

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I keep thinking about a 2021 tour and I'm really hoping more dates added to what was mentioned for a 2020 tour if that's basically the venues on lock for next year. Also kind of hoping for a summer tour, but who the hell knows how live music is going to go into next year.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    counting the days until you make this post about "god break down the door", you dingus*

*i love you, tony <3

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    All NIN albums will be loved, it just takes almost a decade for people to realize that they're actually great albums!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    counting the days until you make this post about "god break down the door", you dingus*

*i love you, tony <3
    Capital G says "Hi!"