Page 467 of 468 FirstFirst ... 367 417 457 465 466 467 468 LastLast
Results 13,981 to 14,010 of 14035

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

  1. #13981
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,299
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Am I going mad? I had an idea TR had tweeted something like ‘Lots coming in 2019’? But I can’t find it now

  2. #13982
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    France
    Posts
    545
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Am I going mad? I had an idea TR had tweeted something like ‘Lots coming in 2019’? But I can’t find it now
    It was on nin.com only, right ? http://www.nin.com/bird-box-score-available-now/

  3. #13983
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    731
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Anyone else crossing their fingers that the next live NIN show opens up with a
    mashup of Pinion with Old Town Road?

  4. #13984
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The riff in "One Way to Get Here" (Fragile Deviations) is remarkably similar to the bassline in The Good Soldier. Probably been noticed before, but I've been away a while. Forgive me.

  5. #13985
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,299
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    It was on nin.com only, right ? http://www.nin.com/bird-box-score-available-now/
    So I wasn’t going mad, just forgot the source. I hope it still stands though

  6. #13986
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    In this twilight
    Posts
    395
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by diptych View Post
    The riff in "One Way to Get Here" (Fragile Deviations) is remarkably similar to the bassline in The Good Soldier. Probably been noticed before, but I've been away a while. Forgive me.
    They're both fairly simple melodies used in drastically different manners. I can hear it though.

  7. #13987
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    760
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Am I going mad? I had an idea TR had tweeted something like ‘Lots coming in 2019’? But I can’t find it now
    I'm hoping for The Fragile deluxe to actually happen. 21st of September, anyone?

    We're over halfway through the year and so far nothing's happened. I'm convinced that we'll only get soundtrack stuff. The Bird Box thing that was mentioned previously and possibly Watchmen, which is supposed to debut in the 4th quarter of 2019.

  8. #13988
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,811
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    We're over halfway through the year and so far nothing's happened. I'm convinced that we'll only get soundtrack stuff. The Bird Box thing that was mentioned previously and possibly Watchmen, which is supposed to debut in the 4th quarter of 2019.
    There's The Woman In The Window as well, which has now been pushed back to next year.

  9. #13989
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    204
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    I'm hoping for The Fragile deluxe to actually happen. 21st of September, anyone?

    We're over halfway through the year and so far nothing's happened. I'm convinced that we'll only get soundtrack stuff. The Bird Box thing that was mentioned previously and possibly Watchmen, which is supposed to debut in the 4th quarter of 2019.
    have a little faith, lol. Did we learn nothing from Not The Actual Events? That dropped very late in a year that he promised a new release

  10. #13990
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    828
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Am I going mad? I had an idea TR had tweeted something like ‘Lots coming in 2019’? But I can’t find it now
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    It was on nin.com only, right ? http://www.nin.com/bird-box-score-available-now/
    Wasn’t there a Beats 1 interview where TR said there were multiple NIN related projects coming in 2019 too? I can’t find the interview now though.

    Rob Sheridan recently mentioned he’s helping with the DE of With Teeth, so I assume the next round of DEs are still coming... “soon.”

  11. #13991
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,299
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Really getting my hopes up with that!

  12. #13992
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belarus
    Posts
    2,906
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Working a multicam edit of a show is exhausting... Especially when it's your fist video editing project ever.
    I hate this show as much as I love it at this point, but it's finally done.



    Coming to Youtube and ninlive... soon.

  13. #13993
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    France
    Posts
    545
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Working a multicam edit of a show is exhausting... Especially when it's your fist video editing project ever.
    I hate this show as much as I love it at this point, but it's finally done.



    Coming to Youtube and ninlive... soon.
    Nice ! Looking cool

  14. #13994
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    1,200
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)


    The wave goodbye part and the immediate transition into heavy guitars give me some serious now i'm nothing vibes. Not sure if there are a tons of wave goodbye songs like this out there, or Trent was actually somewhat inspired by this one.

  15. #13995
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,299
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post


    The wave goodbye part and the immediate transition into heavy guitars give me some serious now i'm nothing vibes. Not sure if there are a tons of wave goodbye songs like this out there, or Trent was actually somewhat inspired by this one.
    I would LOVE it if Trent was inspired by A-Ha - very much a teen fave of mine. I’d love it if there was footage of The Urge covering A-Ha
    Last edited by WorzelG; 07-16-2019 at 07:23 AM.

  16. #13996
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    204
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I'm sure this will appear in other threads, but FYI NIN-collaborator Saul Williams has a new album about to drop this week: "Encrypted & Vulnerable".
    https://twitter.com/SaulWilliams
    https://linktr.ee/saulwilliams

  17. #13997
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    960
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Anyone else crossing their fingers that the next live NIN show opens up with a
    mashup of Pinion with Old Town Road?

    Absolutely fucking not.

  18. #13998
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Safe Distance
    Posts
    3,913
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    All I could think about upon seeing this, was "You and me both Trent Reznor. You and me both." While I never grew up with vinyl, I could still relate because I at least grew up with VHS, CS, CDs and DVDs. I know that it's 2019, but I was mistaken to think that physical media would be phased out this much at least in the early to mid 2020s. (Since even though file-sharing and streaming was all over the place, there still seemed to be stores that sold CDs and DVDs, just not as much for very obvious reasons as of now.) I realized that I was absolutely wrong when I discovered that there are even actual shopping malls that no longer have stores that sell any CDs and DVDs whatsoever.

    And while I thought and have posted about this before, it still just occurred to me to share this here, since this also about Trent Reznor also sharing the same exact stance with me concerning the decline and overall elimination of physical media.

    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 07-20-2019 at 02:37 PM.

  19. #13999
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    France
    Posts
    545
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    All I could think about upon seeing this, was "You and me both Trent Reznor. You and me both." While I never grew up with vinyl, I could still relate because I at least grew up with VHS, CS, CDs and DVDs. I know that it's 2019, but I was mistaken to think that physical media would be phased out this much at least in the early to mid 2020s. (Since even though file-sharing and streaming was all over the place, there still seemed to be stores that sold CDs and DVDs, just not as much for very obvious reasons as of now.) I realized that I was absolutely wrong when I discovered that there are even actual shopping malls that no longer have stores that sell any CDs and DVDs whatsoever.

    And while I thought and have posted about this before, it still just occurred to me to share this here, since this also about Trent Reznor also sharing the same exact stance with me concerning the decline and overall elimination of physical media.

    To build on all of that.

    Local record stores, local venues for concerts, meeting in the flesh other music lovers who all share the same passion, it's at the heart of a local music community.

    But it has been completely replaced by the internet. Now people only live online, people are born online, are raised online, like I was.

    Is it possible for the two cohabite, to thrive, to intersect with each other ?

    I'd say there's a definitive line between the small niche that is composed of the people that go to local stores and venues, that go on rateyourmusic and smallish sites like that, and the great majority of people who still only consume and go with the flow, as they always did, and just don't really care about music. It's just a tool. Why not, that works.

    And when the tool is accessed by other, easier, cheaper, online means, well of course physically everything is going to die.

    We will be left only with a certain core of people who live and breath, make certain types of music, who care about the physical world, but i'll only stay a niche. Maybe for the better ?

  20. #14000
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    179
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Happy birthday to The Slip physical release.

  21. #14001
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,031
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snichols View Post
    Happy birthday to The Slip physical release.
    CD 114,159 checking in...

  22. #14002
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Safe Distance
    Posts
    3,913
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    CD 148,194 right here.

  23. #14003
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,245
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    59,227 for me.

  24. #14004
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    171
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Do you know how much effort it would be to actually find my actual The Slip CD in my actual house in order to post the number?

    Damn, I am pretty much the reason for the decline of physical media, personified.

  25. #14005
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belarus
    Posts
    2,906
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I regularly check Youtube for any fresh NIN-related uploads (god knows why) and it's a bit scary that there are about 3 to 5 new solo/bedroom Hurt covers uploaded nearly every. single. fucking. day.
    How on Earth people think anyone would want to watch another 17 versions of it? Ugh.

    I swear, one day I'll make a supercut of it where every word is sang by a different person. But no one would want to watch it either.
    Last edited by fillow; 08-06-2019 at 05:53 AM.

  26. #14006
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    193
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    Is this entire interview available somewhere? I've been searching but can't find the whole thing

  27. #14007
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    454
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I regularly check Youtube for any fresh NIN-related uploads (god knows why) and it's a bit scary that there are about 3 to 5 new solo/bedroom Hurt covers uploaded nearly every. single. fucking. day.
    How on Earth people think anyone would want to watch another 17 versions of it? Ugh.

    I swear, one day I'll make a supercut of it where every word is sang by a different person. But no one would want to watch it either.
    Honestly, seeing all those freaks calling NIN "satanic" on the "newest uploads" on YouTube is far more of a terrifying experience.

  28. #14008
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    454
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Wish NIN.com was offering more shirts with long sleeves. I don't like people seeing my arms. :/

  29. #14009
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    8,131
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    Wish NIN.com was offering more shirts with long sleeves. I don't like people seeing my arms. :/
    cover them in tattoos!

    but seriously, the only reason i can stand looking at myself is because a good portion of my body is covered in tattoos. i'm like a walking art gallery.

  30. #14010
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    731
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I regularly check Youtube for any fresh NIN-related uploads (god knows why) and it's a bit scary that there are about 3 to 5 new solo/bedroom Hurt covers uploaded nearly every. single. fucking. day.
    How on Earth people think anyone would want to watch another 17 versions of it? Ugh.

    I swear, one day I'll make a supercut of it where every word is sang by a different person. But no one would want to watch it either.
    I would watch that.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions