Page 516 of 527 FirstFirst ... 16 416 466 506 514 515 516 517 518 526 ... LastLast
Results 15,451 to 15,480 of 15809

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    nine inch nails is a mkultra experiment

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Listening to Depeche Mode's "Construction Time Again," I'm reminded of the themes revisited in NIN's "Year Zero."

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I was watching Al Jourgensen on Dave Navarro's podcast from 2018 and they were talking about Al getting into a fight with Henry Rollins at Lollapalooza in 1991 when he went to visit TR. Apparently Henry Rollins and NIN were sharing a tour bus, Al came on looking for TR and Henry yelled something like "AHH NOO, no junkies on the bus!"

Anyhow, I never knew that they shared a bus but now it makes more sense now how TR had that quote about everyone being super cool on that tour, with the exception of Henry Rollins.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    I was watching Al Jourgensen on Dave Navarro's podcast from 2018 and they were talking about Al getting into a fight with Henry Rollins at Lollapalooza in 1991 when he went to visit TR. Apparently Henry Rollins and NIN were sharing a tour bus, Al came on looking for TR and Henry yelled something like "AHH NOO, no junkies on the bus!"

Anyhow, I never knew that they shared a bus but now it makes more sense now how TR had that quote about everyone being super cool on that tour, with the exception of Henry Rollins.
    Even if Henry was out of line, i find it hilarious!

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    22 years ago today i saw nin live for the first time.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    22 years ago today i saw nin live for the first time.
    Same! I was at that show as well.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Embarrassing confession time: 15 years after it was first released, I seem to finally be able to "hear" the beat properly during the first verse of Survivalism. The very first time I heard that track, my brain latched onto those offbeat drums and heard them as if they were the downbeats instead. For awhile I'd thought that the first chorus intentionally starts by chopping off a bit of the previous bar -- not unheard-of in NIN-land. Not sure when exactly I realized I'd just been hearing it wrong, but it's been an awfully pesky meme to dislodge from my brain. I've had to very consciously ignore the vocals while listening, but I think I'm finally to the point where I've reset my reflexes on that one. Listening through the recordings of these 2022 shows has been the first time where it's felt at all second-nature. I still sort of feel like I've gotta concentrate a bit not to slip back into the old "habit," but it's a bit of a relief.

Now to wait for the Lifetime Movie folks to call...

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xolotl View Post
    Embarrassing confession time: 15 years after it was first released, I seem to finally be able to "hear" the beat properly during the first verse of Survivalism.
    Don't be embarrassed...as I don't fully understand what's off about it. It doesn't sound weird to me. And not because I get it. I think it's more I just don't understand music theory beyond I like what I like.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    It doesn't sound weird to me.
    Oh for sure! That's because there's nothing weird about it at all -- the weirdness was entirely concentrated in my collection of neurons devoted to the song. Had to get those bastards in line is all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    TIL Justin Meldal-Johnsen produced Midnight City by M83.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    The year zero repress prob aint happening in 2022 is it lol

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    The year zero repress prob aint happening in 2022 is it lol
    December 31.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    In case you missed it, meathead is alive. Go and cuddle him.

https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...000#post564000

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    La Mer is hypnotic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've just watched a few live videos of the recent shows (London, EDEN, etc...) OMG! They. Are. So. Fucking. Tight! They sound really awesome! They still got their edge. I love that Alessandro, Ilan and Robin seem to have their voice featured a little more prominently than in past tours. I really hope they come back to Montreal in the next year or so. A new album would be very welcome also! =D

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I wonder if Trent (of any of the other guys) ever got hiccups on stage.
    In fact it just made me wonder what any singer or performer does when they get hiccups on stage. Popped into my head cos I always get them real bad and just had them right now and fuck me they just would not stop.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disassociative View Post
    I wonder if Trent (of any of the other guys) ever got hiccups on stage.
    In fact it just made me wonder what any singer or performer does when they get hiccups on stage. Popped into my head cos I always get them real bad and just had them right now and fuck me they just would not stop.
    That’s why Trent started singing “hey!” and such between songs. Each time he’s covering up a hiccup.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I wish nin would do a studio version of now I’m nothing with a studio interpretation of the live version of terrible lie with all the guitars and whatnot.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'be veen a little bit obsessed with the Fragile era (again) watching old interviews and vídeos, so this past week I started compiling some of it into this video

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Random thought while listening to NIN on spotify:
    Trent Reznor's voice seems to be such an integral part of the Nine Inch Nails sound. The tracks without his voice are also really good, but at the same time they seem to feel empty because he's not audible.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Detunez View Post
    Trent Reznor's voice seems to be such an integral part of the Nine Inch Nails sound. The tracks without his voice are also really good, but at the same time they seem to feel empty because he's not audible.
    I've never really understood the mindset that something is missing in the instrumental tracks because Trent isn't singing on them. The implication always seems to be that they're flawed or Trent & Atticus didn't work as hard on them or that they're just filler material. I've always enjoyed instrumentals, but what I like about them on NIN albums is that they serve as contemplative moments on whatever journey Trent & Atticus are taking you on. They prepare you for what's ahead, or they give you a moment to say "What do YOU think about this? What's in YOUR head right now? How does THIS make you feel?". Lyrics are great, but sometimes it's better to leave things unsaid and let the listener decide how to feel and what something is about.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Will the Year Zero vinyl repress definitive edition ever happen?? Like, I want to buy that shit so much!

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indefinite_Cure View Post
    Will the Year Zero vinyl repress definitive edition ever happen?? Like, I want to buy that shit so much!
    Soon

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Soon
    Damn! Now you've gone and jinxed it!!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I never noticed Trent was playing the “solo” of I Do Not Want This back in 1994/1995. It’s also just wonderfully controlled chaos.

The way he screams the last few lines still gives me chills when I listen to it too, more so than the album version.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indefinite_Cure View Post
    It seems like every 5 years people think it's gonna happen on it's X anniversary. First there was the 5 year, that didn't happen. Then the 10 year, that didn't happen. Then now we're on the 15 year, that's not gonna happen.

It took the fragile 18 years to get repressed so looks like we've got another 3 years or so.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    best thing to do is not care, go about your day and lo and behold, you will wake up one morning to the nin community going in a frantic panic trying to purchase the darn thing.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Or just assume it will never happen. Then if it does get announced/released, you can be pleasantly surprised instead of impatiently yearning and continuously disappointed.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    Listening to Depeche Mode's "Construction Time Again," I'm reminded of the themes revisited in NIN's "Year Zero."
    “And Then…” and “Everything Counts” especially.

Random thought: please open the next show with “Deep”!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I can only give the meaningless reply that I as a random stranger agree with your post. They (the instrumentals) aren't bad, they aren't broken and they aren't inherently or truly missing something. It's just a kind of personal sense of wanting to hear Trent Reznor sing over them.

Edit:
    I think my add blocker somehow blocked a referrer header or some extras to make a reply work as intended. But i think it's clear i was responding to this post: https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...126#post565126