Page 17 of 528 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 117 517 ... LastLast

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Username View Post
    I have never seen him talk such bullshit.
    translation: i got paid yo. feeding my babies with mad COD dolla billz.
    Last edited by sweeterthan; 07-10-2012 at 01:48 PM. Reason: removed a yo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    On the other hand, why is this surprising? Can't you see him on mic, telling a bunch of 4 year olds they're giant cunts?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Username View Post
    Regarding this little bit in the new interview about the Black Ops II theme

I have never seen him talk such bullshit. The Call of Duty franchise is one of the worst offenders when it comes to cutting corners. Entire buildings in maps in one game have been lifted and placed into maps newer games in order to avoid having to actually create a new building. They just name the processes "iw5" or "iw4", standing for Infinity Ward and then whichever iteration of the franchise it is. The gameplay is just a carbon copy of the previous game with a few things changed. It's still the exact same multiplayer system as it has been since MW2, which was 3 games ago. Concerning singleplayer, I've watched videos of people demonstrating how you don't even have to play the game to complete a level, the enemies are just straw men which your allies will scriptedly take down while you can just watch and never shoot a bullet. It's the epitome of creative stagnation and far from cutting edge. It's obvious that they don't care about what they put out, they just stick to the formula they have because they know it makes them money.
    Infinity Ward are the lazy ones, Treyarch are the ones who actually give a shit. Remember, not all COD games are made by the same company.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Could care less about the game. I just want to hear that track!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    I don't think I've seen the lab4 perfect drug remixes get any love on here. Do people not like them, or just not well known?
    both, i'd imagine — i hadn't heard of their work until your post, and the portion listenable on Beatport is really generic speed-laser four-on-the-floor party crap that uses what sounds like the Rock Band guitar stem.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Could care less about the game. I just want to hear that track!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    I love studio shit, so here's some Nothing Studios 360 degree action if you've never seen 'em. Also, the original nin.com video file (I think -- but renamed) of a TR studio recording that I have on youtube which seems to be rare. You need quicktime installed as a browser blugin for the 360 stuff if you open in a new tab, otherwise you can save them and open them locally with Quicktime. Fuck I hate quicktime.

Nothing Studios A View 1
    Nothing Studios A View 2
    Nothing Studios B
    Nothing Studios - Charlie Clouser's Room

TR Whisper Recording

If I ever post stuff hosted from my dropbox and they disappear, it may be because I've renamed my folders. PM me of something ever disappears and you want it back up.
    Thanks for these. Very weird to be... "in" a room that existed over ten years ago. Pictures are one thing, but this is almost like going back in time somehow!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    Infinity Ward are the lazy ones, Treyarch are the ones who actually give a shit. Remember, not all COD games are made by the same company.
    I wish more NIN fans thought before they posted shit about Black Ops II. Thank you so much for posting this before I got here, the clusterfuck thread about this track is pissing me off because people are just sitting in there bitching about the game and not getting fucking stoked about a new song.
    I just *sigh* thank you. Rant over.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    both, i'd imagine — i hadn't heard of their work until your post, and the portion listenable on Beatport is really generic speed-laser four-on-the-floor party crap that uses what sounds like the Rock Band guitar stem.
    There's three remixes in total, all from their "none of us are saints" album. None of them are particularly amazing, imho, the best one is simply called "The Perfect Drug" and is one of the two that you can preview on beatport. I'd say that the beatport preview quality is REALLY low and the sample section they've got is quite far into the mix. Having said that unless you enjoy hard trance you probably won't like the mixes in full quality. (If you do enjoy hard trance / anything like that, It's worth seeking out some of Lab4's original stuff). The album and remixes predate the rock band stems by quite a bit (2006).

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I'm becoming increasingly convinced that TR will most likely offer new HTDA as some sort off app through appstore and android market seeing as the interview re: the new CoD had him mention that he was going for something different in terms of release compared to previous releases. Sort of in the vein of Björk's Biophilia albeit a bit more ambitious. Color me falsely excited!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I really, really hope not, or at least that an app would have NOTHING exclusive on it. Not everyone can afford a smartphone, and not everyone has the same smartphone OS, or the latest version to accommodate an app. It's neat to have an app for fans, but to do a release through one (like a release through iTunes) is a bit elitist.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I can see some form of distribution or marketing through an app, but I highly doubt that Trent would make it app-exclusive although they have a pretty good framework with nin:access to build up on and develop. Guess everyone would want to hear the new stuff on their mp3-players, computersand stereos, aswell and not be bound to a smartphone. And I'm pretty sure that we will get a physical copy some time later, especially since knowing that Trent is a sucker for all things vinyl.

Anyway, I'm curious about what he will come up with since everything he has done in the past was more or less pretty exciting.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I bought my self the black Downward Spiral shirt since I lost mine from back in the day. I got it today and came to the realization that its a fucking bootlegg. Unless the newer editions of this type of shirt are different, I feel jipped.

Can anyone confirm this? My "bootlegg" has the back image smaller than I remember it being, as my old one pretty much covered the whole back area.

Edit: nevermind, I looked at the nin.com store and it matches. meh.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Yeah, there was a 'reissued' Downward Spiral tshirt that paled in comparison to the awesome original shirt you're thinking of. Serious disappointment. I've got the original, but being that it's a totally badass shirt, it's showing a lot of wear. I keep waiting for that updated merch refresh Rob mentioned last year, hoping they're redoing the original TDS shirt with the huge graphics.

Original vs Reissue - hilarious that the 'vintage' reissue is asking $38.99, but the actual 'vintage' original is only at $8.50

I actually got mine for a couple of bucks at a Salvation Army in York, PA. Got stupid lucky on that one.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I have both shirts as well, got the original myself and then the reissue was a nice x-mas present. I wear the reissue most of the time to keep the original in better condition. That's the sad thing about my shirt collection, I love them so much but am careful about what ones I wear and how often because I don't want the best/rarest/most expensive to replace ones getting a huge hole or stain or something. Not to mention this shirt that I loved until it faded instantly. Well, I got the Spiral exclusive grey one, which faded instantly, then Hot Topic came out with the green version that faded a tad bit slower. Not as quickly as the white Ghosts shirt they had at the merch tables.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Re-listening to the 2006 radio sessions. Fuck, that was cool and I can't believe that these are already 6 years old. I particularly like the one with Atticus and Twiggy. warm leatherette, reptile, nightclubbing and strange kind of love just ooze perfection. Great times!

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Have you guys played Doom with "Ghosts I-IV" as soundtrack? almost made me shit myself...

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Have you guys played Doom with "Ghosts I-IV" as soundtrack? almost made me shit myself...
    I know Doom 3 with the Quake music is a No Pregnant Women Or Pre-Existing Heart Conditions kind of a situation.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    What do nin and geography have in common?

Probably nothing...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    /\/\ nice, thats funny as hell

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    every time I listen to EDIETS, I still hear "I think I used to have a porpoise"

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostaustin View Post
    http://sheepdean.weebly.com/uploads/...y_the_same.txt

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Where is Everybody? should have been a single from The Fragile. Listening to that today im amazed Interscope did not push for that to be a single.
    That era The Fragile was released was weakest time for music and,mainstream rock. But if you listen to Where is Everybody you can hear the hit potential there. Its so enormous sounding in every sense.
    Its been used in about 20 movies and adverts since??? Ive heard it on a few really, really random shows for the BBC over the years.

They took a risk with Closer in 94 but not that track? Odd.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i was trying SO HARD to come up with some good rhymes to do that, but i kept failing. i salute you, sir.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostaustin View Post

Oh, how I miss the days when the Photoshop thread was updated constantly.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    What do nin and geography have in common?

Probably nothing...
    Europe looks like a dog. Maybe a cocker spaniel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Call me insane, but I have always thought that the very beginning of "were in this together", the distorted parts in the beginning always seem to be saying "Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger"
    Ive ruined that beginning for a few people I know now, because ive convinced them to hear it too...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by princessomega View Post
    Call me insane, but I have always thought that the very beginning of "were in this together", the distorted parts in the beginning always seem to be saying "Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger"
    Ive ruined that beginning for a few people I know now, because ive convinced them to hear it too...
    wow now that's all I can hear. On a related note, my friend and I ruined the kind of slappy bass notes that precede the "Help me" portions of Closer. We imagined that was the noise a penguin would make as it walked, and now anytime I listen to Closer, I imagine penguins marching along with it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leman Russ View Post
    wow now that's all I can hear. On a related note, my friend and I ruined the kind of slappy bass notes that precede the "Help me" portions of Closer. We imagined that was the noise a penguin would make as it walked, and now anytime I listen to Closer, I imagine penguins marching along with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone have the ultimate fragile playlist handy? with tracks from still and whatnot incorporated?