Page 473 of 527 FirstFirst ... 373 423 463 471 472 473 474 475 483 523 ... LastLast
Results 14,161 to 14,190 of 15809

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Now that The Perfect Drug has made its way into the setlists. Let’s get Deep back in the rotation
    Two minutes ago I was literally just reading the ninwiki page for Deep, then read this. Agreed!

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    oh, well fuck yeah.
    That's precisely why I went to see the movie in the theater.

I'm not sure if the song was low key written to include the lyric, or if the movie was slickly named after the song, but I remember catching a trailer that featured a bit of the song, and knew I had to see it.

And I guess it wasn't horrible, right? That first disaster scene blew my mind 20 years ago
    @piggy should we add that as a bit of (unconfirmed) trivia to the ITV ninwiki page?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I added a little blurb about it. I'm heavily leaning towards the film being named after the song, so that's how I stated it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I’m glad Trent didn’t decide to release The Fragile as two discs because based on how he thought/worked, especially back then, he probably would not have released the second disc. There is no way to know for sure if it would have been more digestible or steadily sold more copies over as a single album. Maybe something like Things Falling Apart would have turned into something different with some of the other songs. I suppose on the positive side there was the chance that some of the never finished songs would make in appearance on a second album. I still think more than likely they would have gotten shelved. Also, it is weird to think about TR changing his career because that in turn could have changed his life possibly for the worst, like not getting sober or being as relevant and prolific as he is now.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha 60 View Post
    I’m glad Trent didn’t decide to release The Fragile as two discs because based on how he thought/worked, especially back then, he probably would not have released the second disc. There is no way to know for sure if it would have been more digestible or steadily sold more copies over as a single album. Maybe something like Things Falling Apart would have turned into something different with some of the other songs. I suppose on the positive side there was the chance that some of the never finished songs would make in appearance on a second album. I still think more than likely they would have gotten shelved. Also, it is weird to think about TR changing his career because that in turn could have changed his life possibly for the worst, like not getting sober or being as relevant and prolific as he is now.
    Maybe I’m misunderstanding, but... The Fragile is two discs...?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Maybe I’m misunderstanding, but... The Fragile is two discs...?
    I think they mean as two separate albums released months apart (ala Radiohead's Kid A and Amnesiac).

To be honest, I don't think it would have been more popular had he gone that route. The issue wasn't the length of the album. It was the musical climate at the time and the expectations that people had following The Downward Spiral.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 01-12-2020 at 01:35 AM.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I think they mean as two separate albums released months apart (ala Radiohead's Kid A and Amnesiac).

To be honest, I don't think it would have been more popular had he gone that route. The issue wasn't the length of the album. It was the musical climate at the time and the expectations that people had following The Downward Spiral.
    Oh, right, that makes sense.

When you think about it, it even feels like a living thing: the first disc being "left" and the second disc being "right," like it has an actual living, breathing identity. Which really complements the already organic nature of the artwork and instrumentation. Really smart move on TR's part "naming" the two discs like that. Even though it's a small thing, it really adds to the whole experience. Kind of like The Presence and the heat sensitive disc for Year Zero.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Sorry that was meant to be two separate discs or two separate albums. Both Reznor and Ezrin saying in retrospect that they would/should have split it up for two releases. But, I think the cultural reaction would have been the same and then maybe the rest of it wouldn’t have seen the light of day.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha 60 View Post
    Sorry that was meant to be two separate discs or two separate albums. Both Reznor and Ezrin saying in retrospect that they would/should have split it up for two releases. But, I think the cultural reaction would have been the same and then maybe the rest of it wouldn’t have seen the light of day.
    oh yeah definitely!
    if anyone needs proof of such things, just look at all the things have been shelved over the years.

on that note, it is quite disappointing to see all the things have gotten the shelf treatment.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    My phone somehow changed the artist "Nine Inch Nails" to "The Nine Inch Nails" on my entire catalog of audio.

I used to edit ID tags for hours. I don't know how to edit it on my phone.

I don't even care anymore.

That's just the official band name now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laststepdown View Post
    My phone somehow changed the artist "Nine Inch Nails" to "The Nine Inch Nails" on my entire catalog of audio.

I used to edit ID tags for hours. I don't know how to edit it on my phone.

I don't even care anymore.

That's just the official band name now.
    What app are you using? My Samsung Music app does weird things like this to me too.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OSPF View Post
    What app are you using? My Samsung Music app does weird things like this to me too.

The same default Samsung Galaxy Music Player. It happened around the time I put the noise file that came with the KROQ Acoustic Christmas on my phone.

The weirdest part is my PC library is unphased, and no "The Nine Inch Nails" exists anywhere on any tag.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laststepdown View Post
    The same default Samsung Galaxy Music Player. It happened around the time I put the noise file that came with the KROQ Acoustic Christmas on my phone.

The weirdest part is my PC library is unphased, and no "The Nine Inch Nails" exists anywhere on any tag.
    Your nudes are all over the Internet. Burn your phone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone seen this YouTube channel before?

They just posted analysis of NIN. Some of their Tool / APC is um, interesting as well.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volk View Post
    Anyone seen this YouTube channel before?

They just posted analysis of NIN. Some of their Tool / APC is um, interesting as well.
    Yes! There's a brand-new thread devoted to this very exciting topic we're all dying to talk about!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Come on, guys. I made a thread and everything.

No need to pollute the rest of the board with the stink of this garbage.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Happy Birthday Atticus!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I was just listening to some Skinny Puppy and "all good people are asleep and dreaming" made me wonder if "yes, everyone seems to be asleep" was maybe a call-back to them. The "Dig It"/"Down In It" controversy came to mind. Just a thought.

<shrug>

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    If they play The Hand That Feeds with a giant pic of Donald Trump behind them at the HoF, I'll really enjoy it.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    So I bought NTAE on vinyl the other day, saw the sticker said it was presented on a single sided vinyl so I was expecting dead wax on the other end, saw there was something pressed on it.

first of all how did I miss that Easter egg

second of all I was NOT AT ALL emotionally prepared for side b, and neither was my girlfriend lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A personal random NIN thought.

I was a huge NIN fan from 1999 to 2008(?). Then out of no where I suddenly lost interest. I can't explain why. I started listening to newer bands and music that was more upbeat. So when HM came out, I didn't give it a fair chance.

For no reason I can explain, at the end of 2019, I got a wild hair up my ass to buy all my favorite NIN albums on vinyl. Which brought me back to HM. This time I gave the album a fair listen and now I adore it. I don't think there is a song that I dislike.

As soon as I pick up a copy of HM on vinyl, I going to buy the trilogy that came out in 2018. The thought of three new (to me) NIN albums waiting for me is pretty awesome.

Actually, there's a lot of stuff I missed out on during my break from NIN. Like damn, I didn't know there was a fan made concert video for The Slip's tour. Hell yeah. I cannot wait to watch that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wonder about all the teeth, nails and points seen everywhere in the album art. Pretty hate machine's cover is a close up-- but the focus is geared toward, by an artist's eye, of all the intersections to explore. Each point is a piece of knowledge that must be explored before it can be wheedled, cut, nabbed or frayed. But fraying in and of itself makes more points. The concept of nails to a board is an attempt to assimilate pains into wood of giving and prior sanctification, but are those nails sanctified in and of themselves. Their patina must match another recognized element in the whorls of wood. Fucking of torture due to exposure of being neglected for so long (left for other things; nails) against pure visible age itself of a life lived (totem; wood).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wish 'Was It Worth It' made it into The Fragile, or at least had vocals. It's such a badass track.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Amazing track!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    I'm tempted by Robin Finck's new signature series Reverand guitar, but part of me thinks I'd do better just to get myself an old Les Paul *Shrug*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    I'm tempted by Robin Finck's new signature series Reverand guitar, but part of me thinks I'd do better just to get myself an old Les Paul *Shrug*
    I get signature guitars, but I never understood the price.

Also holy fuck Burning Bright is ridiculously good live (based on videos)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tap3worm View Post
    I wish 'Was It Worth It' made it into The Fragile, or at least had vocals. It's such a badass track.
    You and me both.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Can't believe I've never came across this interview before

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I want to buy a copy of Another Version of The Truth on Blu-ray. How do I know if I'm buying a legitimate copy on eBay? I've seen two different versions/covers.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Can't believe I've never came across this interview before
    It's from the MTV Fragility 2.0 TV special:

https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/438...ecial_NTSC_DVD

Edit: Sorry, my bad. As the YouTube description says, it's from the "And All That Could Have Been" TV Special. Basically, there were 3 TV specials from the Fragile era. The Fragility 1.0 Special, the Fragility 2.0 special, and the AATCHB special. I believe all of them originally aired on MTV-affiliated channels.