Page 456 of 457 FirstFirst ... 356 406 446 454 455 456 457 LastLast
Results 13,651 to 13,680 of 13692

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

  1. #13651
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,462
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    This is so boring. I miss the tour.
    You think it’s boring here, you should see the Facebook group where every week someone comes in to say they heard Trent Reznor is quitting Nine Inch Nails. Clearly having paid zero attention to anything that was said over the course of the last tour in regards to what’s down the line for Nine Inch Nails...

    It’s certainly unfair to assume everyone pays attention to that sort of thing as much as, say, some of us here do, but if you do any sort of simple digging into interviews from the past 6 months, you can find answers pretty easily.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 02-05-2019 at 03:42 PM.

  2. #13652
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,004
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    You think it’s boring here, you should see the Facebook group.
    No, don't

  3. #13653
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    124
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    This is so boring. I miss the tour.
    Board? Do what I do, and listen to Nothing Left To Lose (Live 2017-2018 audio compilation).

  4. #13654
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,091
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patj825 View Post
    Board? Do what I do, and listen to Nothing Left To Lose (Live 2017-2018 audio compilation).
    This is good advice.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #13655
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Santa Mira, California
    Posts
    852
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I really love this bit from @ninlive about the New Years Eve 1994 show.

    "Supposedly at the show (Detroit 12/31), there was a countdown to the New Year followed by a NIN, Pop Will Eat Itself, and the Jime Rose Circus coming together on stage to sing Auld Lang Syne, Finck did a harmonica solo, then NIN began their encore set."

    Hopefully we get to hear Robin's sick harmonica solo some day.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 02-06-2019 at 01:52 AM.

  6. #13656
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    on my way to hell
    Posts
    779
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Since we are bored…

    Imagine, Trent and Atticus interviewed on Hot Ones with Sean Evans. Could they go the distance? Who could make this happen?

  7. #13657
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    787
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    I only have CDs to play in my car. So I made a trilogy album and really the first time I listened to all of it. Damn, all of the tracks are so good. I can't believe how much I love Burning Bright. I still think Add Violence is my favorite out of the 3 EPs. Ahead of Ourselves is probably my favorite from Bad Witch.

  8. #13658
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    7,794
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    Since we are bored…

    Imagine, Trent and Atticus interviewed on Hot Ones with Sean Evans. Could they go the distance? Who could make this happen?
    isn't trent a vegetarian? he'd probably be eating hot tofu instead of hot wings, which i'm guessing would be blasphemy to a lot of people. BUT i love those interviews and i think it'd be a lot of fun.

    atticus would probably just vape the hot sauce, amirite?

  9. #13659
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,004
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    isn't trent a vegetarian? he'd probably be eating hot tofu instead of hot wings, which i'm guessing would be blasphemy to a lot of people. BUT i love those interviews and i think it'd be a lot of fun.

    atticus would probably just vape the hot sauce, amirite?
    Cauliflower wings >>>>>>>>>>>> tofu wings

  10. #13660
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    1,160
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    isn't trent a vegetarian?
    I've never heard this one before. Could be true, wouldn't shock me.

  11. #13661
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,686
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    isn't trent a vegetarian? he'd probably be eating hot tofu instead of hot wings, which i'm guessing would be blasphemy to a lot of people. BUT i love those interviews and i think it'd be a lot of fun.

    atticus would probably just vape the hot sauce, amirite?
    They've had vegetarians/vegans on the show before. They just do tofu wings or some other veggie-based item.

    And I'd watch the hell out of that, but I feel like it might be a little too silly for Trent & Atticus.

  12. #13662
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Stalk my posts
    Posts
    426
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    isn't trent a vegetarian? he'd probably be eating hot tofu instead of hot wings, which i'm guessing would be blasphemy to a lot of people. BUT i love those interviews and i think it'd be a lot of fun.

    atticus would probably just vape the hot sauce, amirite?
    That answer has been archived here bb! :-) Sadly the myspace page that was the source (a person got to interview TR) along w/ the other links is ded ded ded.
    Last edited by m0reta; 02-08-2019 at 03:25 AM. Reason: Also that is very oold and does not necessarily confirm TR's current diet preferences. ;-D

  13. #13663
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,004
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post
    That answer has been archived here bb! :-) Sadly the myspace page that was the source (a person got to interview TR) along w/ the other links is ded ded ded.
    To be fair, that was a decade ago, who knows now

  14. #13664
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    3,105
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Trent's pretty conscious of his image. I think his willingness to let his hair down would not reach what's required to go through the Hot Ones thing. Those last 4 or 5 sauces usually kick your ass and reactions can be pretty severe/hilarious. Dunno if Trent would want to appear that way.

    That being said, I would absolutely love to be proven wrong. Would be a great interview. Sean has some great questions generally.

  15. #13665
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    2,641
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I've been a Hot Ones fan since day 1 and it never crossed my mind even once to have TR & AR as guests on the show. I don't think the format his compatible with their personalities. Furthermore, they are just not "mainstream" enough for the show in my opinion.

  16. #13666
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,686
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    I've been a Hot Ones fan since day 1 and it never crossed my mind even once to have TR & AR as guests on the show. I don't think the format his compatible with their personalities. Furthermore, they are just not "mainstream" enough for the show in my opinion.
    I wouldn't say they're not mainstream enough for it. I just don't see them really fitting in with the format. The show seems to attract comedians and rappers for the most part. Trent & Atticus are very subdued, so I'm not sure they would bring enough humor to the proceedings.

    On a related note, this year will mark ten years since Trent did his fan Q&A, and I would love it if he and Atticus did another one.

  17. #13667
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    738
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    ...CDs to play in my car. So I made a trilogy album...
    mp3tag says all three are 78m41s, did it fit on one Audio CD?

    Also, ADD VIOLENCE is the best one indeed. :-)

  18. #13668
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,686
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    mp3tag says all three are 78m41s, did it fit on one Audio CD?
    CD-Rs can go to 80 minutes, so it should just fit on one.

  19. #13669
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    787
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Yeah, I was pretty stoked this made it to one CD! I arranged them in an order I thought they would flow. Even though Trent stated that they are supposed to be listened to in succession.

    The tracks really translated well live. I would love to hear Background World be played as the last song one time and loop distort out like it does on the album. One by one the band members walk off stage... Doesn't have to be the full 14 minutes. But an extended edited version would be awesome.

  20. #13670
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    146
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Greta Van Fleet won best rock album at the grammys. I Saw them on SNL a couple weeks ago for the first time and could not stop thinking they are a joke - like Tenacious D or something. They are like a parody of a 70' rock cover band, led by Frodo Baggins. I don't get it at all.

    Bad Witch was a work of art.

    Kids these days, grumble grumble, get off my lawn...

  21. #13671
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,462
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    I would absolutely love to find out that TR/AR are secretly working on music for the Twilight Zone revival. Been watching that series for the first time this past week and it’s a trip. I think I’ve seen three episode titles so far that were used for song titles in Trent’s projects (which I’m 100% sure is common knowledge here, I’m just late to the party), so that’d be one reason I’d like to see it happen, but also because it really feels like their music would suit the show’s tone wonderfully. I can imagine a number of Ghosts/TSN/TGWTDT/etc. songs that could be dubbed over any given episode from the original series and still fit in perfectly.

    Of course, I’m biased as fuck, but...really, who would be a better fit?
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 02-12-2019 at 08:18 AM.

  22. #13672
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,686
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    I would absolutely love to find out that TR/AR are secretly working on music for the Twilight Zone revival. Been watching that series for the first time this past week and it’s a trip. I think I’ve seen three episode titles so far that were used for song titles in Trent’s projects (which I’m 100% sure is common knowledge here, I’m just late to the party), so that’d be one reason I’d like to see it happen, but also because it really feels like their music would suit the show’s tone wonderfully. I can imagine a number of Ghosts/TSN/TGWTDT/etc. songs that could be dubbed over any given episode from the original series and still fit in perfectly.

    Of course, I’m biased as fuck, but...really, who would be a better fit?
    It's definitely possible. The original series used music from different composers throughout it's run, and Black Mirror has already set a precedent for having well-known composers score episodes (including an episode scored by the 12 Rounds crew).

  23. #13673
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    1,160
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I had a dream that i won a 3.7 billion dollar Mega millions jackpot and I used my money to convince Trent (by donating alot to some charity of his choice) to host an ETS exclusive show at Red Rocks.... then i woke up and was sad.

  24. #13674
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    124
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    I had a dream that i won a 3.7 billion dollar Mega millions jackpot and I used my money to convince Trent (by donating alot to some charity of his choice) to host an ETS exclusive show at Red Rocks.... then i woke up and was sad.
    How much did you donate?

  25. #13675
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    1,160
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patj825 View Post
    How much did you donate?
    I think it was like 50 million or something like that.

  26. #13676
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    114
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I somehow always seem to imitate the tones and sounds from the percussion instruments on Pretty Hate Machine whenever i make percs in a DAW. They aren't intentional clones or even intentional imitations. They always just sound a bit similar. Probably because i really like them. ~ Random NIN thoughts after closing a DAW.

  27. #13677
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belarus
    Posts
    2,777
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Listen to the sample of Love is Not Enough in this tape (source 2): http://ninlive.com/shows/2005/20050518.html and tell me the beats at the very beginning weren't reused by Trent on The Great Destroyer
    Last edited by fillow; 02-16-2019 at 01:00 PM.

  28. #13678
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,686
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Listen to the sample of Love is Not Enough in this tape (source 2): http://ninlive.com/shows/2005/20050518.html and tell me the beats at the very beginning weren't reused by Trent on The Great Destroyer
    "Reused" probably isn't completely accurate. It's more likely that Trent just used the same instrument.

  29. #13679
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Misery State
    Posts
    126
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Greta Van Fleet won best rock album at the grammys. I Saw them on SNL a couple weeks ago for the first time and could not stop thinking they are a joke - like Tenacious D or something. They are like a parody of a 70' rock cover band, led by Frodo Baggins. I don't get it at all.

    Bad Witch was a work of art.

    Kids these days, grumble grumble, get off my lawn...
    I'm not surprised that GVF won that category because they were basically the only rock band to get any mainstream airtime aside from Fallout Boy this year. The rock category was more anemic than usual this year, which is really saying something because it's been a race to the bottom for years.

    Bad Witch really should have been nominated, not because it got a ton of airplay (rock generally doesn't now for anybody) but because of how successful the tour was. I kept seeing tags about it all over Twitter and Instagram from folks that I didn't even peg as fans. That's usually enough to get their attention for a new album.

    Buuuut....I don't think Trent will ever be up for a Grammy ever again since providing them a "heartfelt FUCK YOU GUYS" on Twitter a few years back. And I don't think it bothers him at all to not be nominated. He's won before, and has frankly accomplished a lot more than winning a Grammy. He's at the stage in his career where it doesn't matter at all. I think it's really fun for new artists to win them, then they quickly realize what a racket the Grammy's really are. Plus, music award shows aren't really popular like they were when I was growing up.

  30. #13680
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    681
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I wouldn't say they're not mainstream enough for it. I just don't see them really fitting in with the format. The show seems to attract comedians and rappers for the most part. Trent & Atticus are very subdued, so I'm not sure they would bring enough humor to the proceedings.
    I think I have the answer... Ilan. Ilan on Hot Ones. Yeah.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions