Page 514 of 528 FirstFirst ... 14 414 464 504 512 513 514 515 516 524 ... LastLast
Results 15,391 to 15,420 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    lol

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulgaren View Post
    wouldnt it be cool if trent performed new songs live before releasing them a la with teeth era? or release them first i wouldnt mind
    he did for Hesitation Marks also. I believe the Fuji show was the first we heard any of it but maybe he released CBH before that.

Either way I would be very surprised if we don’t get new music next month. The question is will it be only on stage or will he release anything before the show

Edited to clarify that I’m saying this assuming the shows don’t get canceled.
    Last edited by Kyle; 03-23-2022 at 09:29 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I didn't know where to write this so...

I felt grateful this morning for having the pleasure to listen to Ghosts V: Together to help me plow through this pandemic. It has been a companion to me on many difficult mornings filled with solitude, introspection and doubt.

Being an (unsuccessful) musician in this day and age, at 32, makes one wonder...

Thank you for shedding some light in these strange, strange times we live in.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    it’s true that this has been the recent situation but maybe not forever. Have to remember it’s been two straight years of pandemic that’s killed a million Americans. That changes things. Should we see a time where that isn’t the case we might see a more expansive tour announced. And they are also getting older as are their families and it’s understandable to not want to be gone all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    We’ve reached the point in their career where NIN is only playing mega money shows now. I get it, I do I guess. It’s why all the legacy acts pretty much only play LA/Chicago/NY and big festivals exclusively.

Not because population density, (otherwise why did they play the other cities earlier in their careers with such frequency?) but because it’s easier for them.

oh well. it could be worse, I could be a fan in South Africa or Greenland or something lol

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    <wakes up>
    <brushes teeth>
    <wordle>
    <gets a coffee>
    <sits down at desk>
    <turns volume up>
    <logs onto ets>
    *fart*fart*faaaaaaaart*
    "ah yeah that's the stuff."

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    <wakes up>
    <brushes teeth>
    <wordle>
    <gets a coffee>
    <sits down at desk>
    <turns volume up>
    <logs onto ets>
    *fart*fart*faaaaaaaart*
    "ah yeah that's the stuff."

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    he did for Hesitation Marks also. I believe the Fuji show was the first we heard any of it but maybe he released CBH before that.

Either way I would be very surprised if we don’t get new music next month. The question is will it be only on stage or will he release anything before the show

Edited to clarify that I’m saying this assuming the shows don’t get canceled.
    Yeah, Fuji debuted Find My Way, Disappointed and Copy Of A, I think (off the top of my head).

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    It's funny how Trent introduced Home at every show of WT club tour as "this is a new song", "here's something new", as if it was any newer than any of the other 6-7 WT songs they played each night, especially before the release date.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    It's funny how Trent introduced Home at every show of WT club tour as "this is a new song", "here's something new", as if it was any newer than any of the other 6-7 WT songs they played each night, especially before the release date.
    wasnt this because it was new to people who didnt have with teeth with it included? lol

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulgaren View Post
    wasnt this because it was new to people who didnt have with teeth with it included? lol
    Yeah, though a tiny number of Americans had the 10" picture disc single of "THTF", given away at the advance promotional album listening parties, that had it included on the B-side.

And crackly MP3 rips of it that played at the wrong speed...
    Last edited by botley; 04-04-2022 at 12:08 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    We’ve reached the point in their career where NIN is only playing mega money shows now.
    Would you characterise the UK academy (club sized) shows like this? 15 years ago he’d be booking two nights runs at the same venues. Although ticket prices were half todays.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd like to see a tour show filmed in VR, so I can watch on my Occulus.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    First show is just over three weeks away. Wonder if a new release is brewing...?

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    First show is just over three weeks away. Wonder if a new release is brewing...?
    fingers crossed

eta: i heard some rumblings last night…

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I hope they tape/stream the new show; can't wait to see how's the band performing in 2022...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I hope they tape/stream the new show; can't wait to see how's the band performing in 2022...
    *Arrives at show, stage is just one big Jumbotron, Zoom logo comes up.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    My Twitter is broken so it’s stuck on the stupid “home” screen where you see people’s liked tweets and bullshit like that.

I spotted TR had liked a tweet about the NIN/Tetsuo collab, which led me to look at his other liked tweets… some interesting things in there…

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    yeah he liked one tweet that mentioned yoga a few years ago and i’ve wondered since if he’s into that.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Concert from 1995: released.

Tension 2013: gone, still.

lol.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Concert from 1995: released leaked
    Fixed that for you.

And probably the only reason it was possible is because they outsourced directing/editing. (Same with Dissonance tour footage). Everything post-Fragile was probably done internally with Rob in the driver's seat, and you know he ain't leaking shit.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Fixed that for you.

And probably the only reason it was possible is because they outsourced directing/editing. (Same with Dissonance tour footage). Everything post-Fragile was probably done internally with Rob in the driver's seat, and you know he ain't leaking shit.
    In this case, though, we’ve already seen 30 minutes or so of it already. That, coupled with the 2013 amateur footage that exists on YouTube creates a 3/4 done product anyway. So the remaining bits we haven’t seen might as well see the light of day by now, no?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Tension 2013: gone, still.
    I mean, it WAS released. We just never got the shiny Blu-ray package that we were promised.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Fixed that for you.

Did I miss something? When did this happen?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Whenever I'm going through a thread and I see the "Last" button, the chorus of Last goes through my head. Only happens on this forum though.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by astfgyl View Post
    Whenever I'm going through a thread and I see the "Last" button, the chorus of Last goes through my head. Only happens on this forum though.
    this isn't meant to last this is FOR RIGHT NOW

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Did I miss something? When did this happen?
    Which one? Further Down the Spiral? Only the biggest NIN news of the year:
    https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/showthread.php?t=2013

Dissonance?
    News: https://www.theninhotline.com/news/permalink/1288209177
    Download: https://ninlive.com/shows/1995/19951018.html

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    The FDtS link. I remember that thread back when it started but stopped paying attention when it looked like nothing would come of it. Then after posting that, I looked through the forums and found it and holy shit

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I mean, it WAS released.
    Only half of it.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Man, what a fucking coincidence.
    I was watching a 1995 Chicago NIN show (https://ninlive.com/shows/1995/19950115.html) and on the same DVD, after NIN ends, there's a footage of Alanis Morissette playing All I Really Want at the outdoor gig in Chicago in summer 1995... with Taylor fucking Hawkins on the kit.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    this isn't meant to last this is FOR RIGHT NOW

Is it the best NIN chorus? It deserves to stake its' claim at least. I can still remember the first time I heard it I nearly leaped out of my skin with excitement and it still does it every time I as much as think of it.

Edit: made bad work of the reply