Page 463 of 463 FirstFirst ... 363 413 453 461 462 463
Results 13,861 to 13,885 of 13885

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    Still remember going to the listening party at the Metro in Chicago. Was weird, people standing around in a club listening to an album for the first time. (Except some of us on ETS had already heard leaks by then.)
    The listening parties were fun. Before they played the album, there was a nin video montage. I might’ve teared up a little watching it. *fangirl*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Watching the Wax Trax documentary. Trent shows up a couple times.

Luc Van Acker comes across pretty cunty especially on the bonus disc.

One thing is for sure—we all get old.
    Last edited by Swykk; 05-08-2019 at 06:35 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    Fuck I just noticed a very slight and high-pitched melody in the left speaker in Burning Bright at 2:38 repeating during this whole verse before the following bridge. How did it take so long for me to hear this.
    One of my favorite parts of NIN; the small melodies that take forever to finally hear.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I wonder if he ever thought of using two drummers live, it could really thicken up the sound. The drums, especially on those early records are so hard-hitting I never felt like just one could convey that.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    The listening parties were fun. Before they played the album, there was a nin video montage. I might’ve teared up a little watching it. *fangirl*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Isn't that what ended up being that awesome [COLLECTED] promo DVD?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    I wonder if he ever thought of using two drummers live, it could really thicken up the sound. The drums, especially on those early records are so hard-hitting I never felt like just one could convey that.
    I don't know; Ilan Rubin and Josh Freese are monsters behind the kit. Is more than one even necessary?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    For the record, NIN did use two drummers on a few songs during 1995 Dissonance tour (Charlie used second smaller drum kit along with Vrenna). Also Alessandro played some percussion alongside Ilan circa 2013/14 (maybe on recent tours as well but I haven't seen any 17/18 videos yet so I can't tell).
    I don't think two drummers are really needed, there's a lot of pre-recorded percussion that's always played from tape because Trent likes it that way, not because the band can't pull it off.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    The "Head Like a Hole" music video called! I love the two-drummer idea in theory, but NIN makes it work with four to five people onstage (as much as I did enjoy the expanded Tension lineup).

Ale played percussion back as far as 2005 too (see "List of Demands") and picked up a tambourine in the 2018 versions of "Only". I think for Charlie's kit in 1995 and the arrangement of "Starfuckers, Inc." in 1999/2000 they put all the additional percussion on a MIDI-triggered hardware sampler, but most of the time these days it's all sequenced from a software sampler on Atticus' rig. Ilan still hits MIDI triggers too, for songs like "The Wretched" with non-acoustic noises that form part of the main groove.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    For the record, NIN did use two drummers on a few songs during 1995 Dissonance tour (Charlie used second smaller drum kit along with Vrenna). Also Alessandro played some percussion alongside Ilan circa 2013/14 (maybe on recent tours as well but I haven't seen any 17/18 videos yet so I can't tell).
    I don't think two drummers are really needed, there's a lot of pre-recorded percussion that's always played from tape because Trent likes it that way, not because the band can't pull it off.
    I think Ally played percussion on Find My Way on the Hesitation Marks cycle iirc

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    I think Ally played percussion on Find My Way on the Hesitation Marks cycle iirc
    That was Josh E. and only in 2013.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    Still remember going to the listening party at the Metro in Chicago. Was weird, people standing around in a club listening to an album for the first time. (Except some of us on ETS had already heard leaks by then.)
    I went to the listening party in Philly. it was a bit weird, but I had a good time. Of course, there were 2 guys who 'pre-gamed' and were drunk AF and jumping around in a tiny club.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    here's an updated flowchart from the old mu one : https://i.imgur.com/YFXIsiN.jpg

edit : higher res - https://i.imgur.com/fZoh0OA.jpg
    Last edited by StockAvuryah; 05-15-2019 at 09:33 AM.

Mentioned
    371 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    here's an updated flowchart from the old mu one : https://i.imgur.com/YFXIsiN.jpg
    this is fantastic

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I always been curious as to why The Perfect Drug Versions is almost entirely comprised of only two lines from the song: "You are the perfect drug" and "take me with you".

Part of me says that Trent only sent partial vocal stems to increase creativity with the music. Another part wonders if it's just some bizarre coincidence.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Trent turns 54 tomorrow!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Spit on me once, shame on you.

Spit on me twice, shame on me.

Spit on me thrice, and I'm gonna rip your fucking cunt off.
    Last edited by blassster; 05-18-2019 at 08:16 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm STILL coming down from the hype of seeing NIN live for the first (and hopefully not only) time on Corona Capital.

And I'm really fond of a certain moment in the concert. We were in Starfuckers, and the You're So Vain part came in, and people in Mexico have a certain... Affinity of screaming things and speeding up while they do it... So people went:
    "Don't you... don't you... don't you, don't you, don't you don't you DONTYOU DONTYOU DONTYOUSDONTYOU"

There was a brief moment of silence from Trent, and he went "The Fuck?... YouuuuuAAARGH!" And the song continued as normal.

I had known up until that point that Trent gor annoyed beyond human belief when people messed up the bridge, even making the "you fucked up the whole middle section" audio happen.

Having Trent go "The Fuck?!" on our concert was completely memorable, and my close friends all reference it when one says "The fuck?" they always complete it with a "youuuu"

( 3:38, to hear the complete clusterfuck this was.)

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Every time Trent Reznor's birthday approaches, Trent Turns 35, Trent Turns 37 and Trent Turns 38 still play in my mind without fail.

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolick Shiawase View Post
    I'm STILL coming down from the hype of seeing NIN live for the first (and hopefully not only) time on Corona Capital.

And I'm really fond of a certain moment in the concert. We were in Starfuckers, and the You're So Vain part came in, and people in Mexico have a certain... Affinity of screaming things and speeding up while they do it... So people went:
    "Don't you... don't you... don't you, don't you, don't you don't you DONTYOU DONTYOU DONTYOUSDONTYOU"

There was a brief moment of silence from Trent, and he went "The Fuck?... YouuuuuAAARGH!" And the song continued as normal.

I had known up until that point that Trent gor annoyed beyond human belief when people messed up the bridge, even making the "you fucked up the whole middle section" audio happen.

Having Trent go "The Fuck?!" on our concert was completely memorable, and my close friends all reference it when one says "The fuck?" they always complete it with a "youuuu"
    I don't think Trent was annoyed at all, i think he appreciated the messy chorus and went with it...

He did a similar thing the during the "WITH_TEETH Tour" in Mexico when he played "Starfuckers.Inc", basically interrupting the song to thank the people...

(Minute 1:01:53)
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 05-18-2019 at 11:20 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Ringfinger would have been great to bring back for the 2013 Hesitation Marks tours. It would have worked very well alongside the new material.

Sucks that it was last played in 1991.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I don't think Trent was annoyed at all, i think he appreciated the messy chorus and went with it...

He did a similar thing the during the "WITH_TEETH Tour" in Mexico when he played "Starfuckers.Inc", basically interrupting the song to thank the people...

(Minute 1:01:53)
    LOL, thanks for posting that. Brings back good memories to see Dresden Dolls playing "War Pigs" there at the start of the show!

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    LOL, thanks for posting that. Brings back good memories to see Dresden Dolls playing "War Pigs" there at the start of the show!
    It was a great show, one of the greatest nights of my life, that's for sure!
    The Dresden Dolls actually signed my CD that day, good times!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The best girlfriend strikes again! (Last year it was the Australian Into The Void CD.)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Further Down the Spiral is back on a Apple Music. Not sure why is vanished before but glad to see it return.