Page 506 of 528 FirstFirst ... 6 406 456 496 504 505 506 507 508 516 ... LastLast
Results 15,151 to 15,180 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    One redeeming feature of "That's What I Get" is the outro. It's low-key one of my favorite moments on the album, TBH.
    That and the intro. The intro has always reminded me of, like, someone hitting a wrench against some industrial metal or tubing and getting that tune out of it. Catchy as hell.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Whenever we get new NIN...I hope it's something seething with blistering anger. That would hit the spot. That would be therapeutic.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I would love to have Trent & Atticus produce Lorde. I got into her via an interview with Bowie where he proclaimed she was the future of music (at age 17!). I found the new record underwhelming though other than the loan from Primal Scream. I place the blame on the production from the guy for Bleachers. I think that guy (Jack Aranoff?) & band are seriously overrated. I think Trent & Atticus could bring out the best of Lorde.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i hate jackoff but lorde can bring the best of him (unlike st vincent's albums with him which are just a mess)

still id love a different producer asap, especially if its trent and atti

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I was also massively disappointed in the new Lorde album. It felt like it stripped away everything that made Lorde different. I think Jack Antonoff is a talented dude who's helped make some great albums, but I'm really just sick of him. He seems to be everywhere and his songwriting and production, while once fun, is now kind of grating with how prevalent it is.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I had some issues with my PC speakers lately: the right channel output is not working and until I get time to get it fixed, I plugged both speakers to the left output. So I essentially have now 2 x left channel + sub. This configuration produces some interesting alt mixes of most of my music library and NIN/TRAR stuff in particular

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    I'm sorry guys but "That's What I Get" is the only Nine Inch Nails song which I personally cannot defend even if I were to try, the lyricism and the vocal delivery is just not a thing I can defend from any possible angle. I am glad some of you like it though, it'd be a boring world if we all agreed with each other.
    i'm almost certain it's an age thing.

If you heard PHM before you heard TDS, and listened to it constantly for a couple of your formative years, before there was any "fuck you like an animal" business on MTV and your VERY best shot at catching anything NIN related was seeing Wish on Headbanger's Ball, then, you PROBABLY have a soft spot in your heart for EVERY nin song you could find pre 1994, from TWIG, to GDML, to Throw This Away.
    You can likely discuss the finer points of the differences between the Empathetic and Sympathetic mixes of Terrible Lie. I'd bet you had Copper, Coil, Slate and Clay ranked.
    More than anything, though, i can't imagine anyone who heard PHM at 11 or 12, pre TDS, thinking "all of these songs are great, but that ONE? the lyrics are totally sophomoric, bro."

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I really like "That's what i get"... (also "Maybe just once" and "Purest Feeling")

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    With the Halsey collab and the many mentions of various musicians, I'd like to add Metric to that list of bands I'd like to see TR and AR work with. I feel that would be a beastly combination and would blow people away

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I was listening to a lot of Janet Jackson at the beginning of this month and it got me wondering what it would be like if she did an album with TR+AR. I mean, her early albums had industrial style beats on them. Just sayin'...

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    I was listening to a lot of Janet Jackson at the beginning of this month and it got me wondering what it would be like if she did an album with TR+AR. I mean, her early albums had industrial style beats on them. Just sayin'...
    Shit, what about this?
    Obviously we can't have a collab now, but I sure was dreaming of one when I heard THIS shit.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Anyone thinking TR suddenly decides to continue this path of producing pop acts right now is fooling themselves. The whole point of this project was just to try something different and to maybe get inspired by the outcome for a new direction of NIN (which they sorta archived, per the interview video). Yes, they may do this again in the future, but I wouldn't hold my breath for anything happening in this department soon.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    for clarification: are we using the accepted definition of "soon" or the Trent definition?

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

janelle monae is evolved janet. she’s the only logical choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    i'm almost certain it's an age thing.

If you heard PHM before you heard TDS, and listened to it constantly for a couple of your formative years, before there was any "fuck you like an animal" business on MTV and your VERY best shot at catching anything NIN related was seeing Wish on Headbanger's Ball, then, you PROBABLY have a soft spot in your heart for EVERY nin song you could find pre 1994, from TWIG, to GDML, to Throw This Away.
    You can likely discuss the finer points of the differences between the Empathetic and Sympathetic mixes of Terrible Lie. I'd bet you had Copper, Coil, Slate and Clay ranked.
    More than anything, though, i can't imagine anyone who heard PHM at 11 or 12, pre TDS, thinking "all of these songs are great, but that ONE? the lyrics are totally sophomoric, bro."
    Eh, I felt like Kinda I Want To was sophomoric after Closer was released. I was one of those 12 year olds who fell in love with PHM.
    These days I have a NIN playlist (sacrilege I know!) when I'm driving an feel in the mood without committing to "dropping the needle and going on a journey" because I don't have the fucking time. And that's my reality, judge all you want.

From PHM, the songs I don't skip over are Terrible Lie, Sanctified, Down In It, Ring Finger and the Only Time. I'd say the Only Time is probably my fav from that album...followed by Terrible Lie. They feel the most raw and exposed without being overly hard? And don't get me wrong, I still rank Broken high on my list of albums, so I like the hard sound (the breakdown in Happiness in Slavery followed by the bass line is still fucking sick IMO).

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Anyone thinking TR suddenly decides to continue this path of producing pop acts right now is fooling themselves. The whole point of this project was just to try something different and to maybe get inspired by the outcome for a new direction of NIN (which they sorta archived, per the interview video). Yes, they may do this again in the future, but I wouldn't hold my breath for anything happening in this department soon.
    And just to re-mention, the Jakalope project TR was involved with years ago was very poppy and people didn’t get fussed over it. He likes to have his fingers in many pies.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Just had a NIN dream and I can't fall back to sleep, but here's a "weird state of mind" post about a dream that nobody cares about, which I'll probably forget about posting:

In my dream, NIN had a new manager and on the band management website, there was a NIN section that said they were working on 8 new projects at the same time, and on any new projects the team was given lots of freedom and guest singers were "allowed to deepthroat".

Then I met arsenic, leviathant, and ltrandazzo in my old backyard and I set up a fill in the blank trivia thing for them. It was just a single question, with just the website blurb leaving out the unguessable word "deepthroat". I couldn't get over this insane piece of information that wasn't fully explained on the site and I kept losing my mind about it.

Edit: man it's funny when you wake up to see what you've posted in the middle of the night
    Last edited by blassster; 09-17-2021 at 11:42 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    Just had a NIN dream and I can't fall back to sleep, but here's a "weird state of mind" post about a dream that nobody cares about, which I'll probably forget about posting:

In my dream, NIN had a new manager and on the band management website, there was a NIN section that said they were working on 8 new projects at the same time, and on any new projects the team was given lots of freedom and guest singers were "allowed to deepthroat".

Then I met arsenic, leviathant, and ltrandazzo in my old backyard and I set up a fill in the blank trivia thing for them. It was just a single question, with just the website blurb leaving out the unguessable word "deepthroat". I couldn't get over this insane piece of information that wasn't fully explained on the site and I kept losing my mind about it.
    New NIN album titled Deep Throat. 120 minutes of industrial sex jams and Al Jourgensen. Make it happen.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post

You can imagine what I’m picturing with “deepthroat” coupled with your username.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I recently have been hanging out with someone whose cousin met Jerome back in 2000 and eventually became engaged to him briefly. Apparently he was a very controlling creep. Go figure.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Shit, what about this?
    Obviously we can't have a collab now, but I sure was dreaming of one when I heard THIS shit.
    Can't find actual solid proof, but MJ was a big fan of The Downward Spiral, and Closer. This track was meant to be inspired by NIN too.
    No wonder I loved this track so much before I got into NIN, it was part of my DNA all along!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Sometimes I just find myself randomly thinking about that music video interlude in Closure where there's a dead rabbit on a hook just being flung around.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Sometimes I just find myself randomly thinking about that music video interlude in Closure where there's a dead rabbit on a hook just being flung around.
    Your next appointment at my clinic is Tuesday next week. We’ll look at tripling your medication.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    @bobbie solo is listening to Drake, instead of NIN.

We can prove this by looking at the "What Are You Listening To" thread.

Drake is fucking awful.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    A snarky Malm comment in another thread sent me down the litigation rabbit hole. Reading the record of the NIN trademark logo court transcript was sort of lolish. Malm basically throws his atty-client privileges' with his previous counsel out the window by voluntarily referring to details, then essentially leads the judge to believe the previous counsel knowingly submitted false statement to the point the judge asks "Let me ask defense counsel, do you know of any reason why I should not refer to the appropriate authorities – both bar association grievance committee, disciplinary authorities in Ohio, and also perhaps the U.S. Attorney’s office in Washington – the seeming evidence that [Fay Sharpe attorneys] knowingly prepared and submitted a false declaration?"

He apparently also likened TR giving half of the NIN logo trademark to him like he was giving him a stick of gum. *slow clap

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Drake is fucking awful.
    sometimes you gotta run through the 6.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Drake is fucking awful.
    Man, been here a few years but I feel like I missed something...
    1. Is @bobbie solo famous (ETS) that we are concerned about their listening habits?
    2. Is this a joke, or are we actually investigating random people's listening habits? Or is there a feud I missed?

I am assuming this is a joke or something...

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    1. Is @bobbie solo famous (ETS) that we are concerned about their listening habits?
    2. Is this a joke, or are we actually investigating random people's listening habits? Or is there a feud I missed?

@bobie solo is ETS INFAMOUS, at the very least, ain't it?
    Anyway,
    2, part A, and part C, although in a farcical nature.
    Friendly ball breaking.
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-25-2021 at 03:16 PM.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    A snarky Malm comment in another thread sent me down the litigation rabbit hole. Reading the record of the NIN trademark logo court transcript was sort of lolish.
    Wow, the details in that appeal are WILD!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post