Page 16 of 528 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 116 516 ... LastLast

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Listening to the Downward Spiral in its entirety for the first time in FOREVER. Hooooooly shit. It feels like I'm getting a warm hug from a fucked up old friend.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    https://twitter.com/joshfreese/statu...98417600065536
    Not to be a nin "oh my god" speculator, but I ponder if it's because of what I think it's for... By it I mean THE FLIGHT.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Where is Burbank?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Where is Burbank?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burbank,_California

VVVV frozenbeach was using sarcaism
    Last edited by jessamineny; 06-23-2012 at 12:16 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Thx, I doubt it's what frozenbeach is hoping then, surely you wouldn't fly 12 miles to LA

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Thx, I doubt it's what frozenbeach is hoping then, surely you wouldn't fly 12 miles to LA
    Eh, I'm sure Josh Freese has a private jet provided by PF Changs, so why not?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    So, had a dream that NIN launched an international tour, a mix of large-venue and club shows.

The bad news: They made presales an ARG.
    Considering the problems we had in the past, that may have been a good thing.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Something about the Solutions Backwards Initiative chatlog had been tickling my brain lately (I was wondering for days where I'd read the line "w8ing w8ing for what?"), so I went to take another look at it. It looks like the hosting for that one has expired, though Secure Broadcast Informatics is still there. I know there's a transcript on ninwiki and it's mirrored on Wayback, but I'm still a little sad about it.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endlessly View Post
    Something about the Solutions Backwards Initiative chatlog had been tickling my brain lately (I was wondering for days where I'd read the line "w8ing w8ing for what?"), so I went to take another look at it. It looks like the hosting for that one has expired, though Secure Broadcast Informatics is still there. I know there's a transcript on ninwiki and it's mirrored on Wayback, but I'm still a little sad about it.
    Reminds me of when I called one of the 3 YZ phone numbers and it was no longer active. My heart sank a little.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I wonder if they've ever hidden shit in the upper frequencies of 24/96 releases, which would only be audible to humans after downpitching.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    I wonder if they've ever hidden shit in the upper frequencies of 24/96 releases, which would only be audible to humans after downpitching.
    Which reminds me, Me I'm Not has some pretty high frequency stuff towards the end of the song. Trent must be unable to hear these sounds.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Relevant:

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I bet the first order was for Trent's bathroom:

You can get one too! Although it looks like a bitch to clean...

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I really hope that guy didn't get paid to write that pile of shit. He should have titled it "I can't get laid - WAHHHH."

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Pretty well par for the course for Vice...

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Even if it's only a blog post, and not meant to be an actual article, it's still pretty embarrassing!!!

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I think that Trent and Rob should put together a NIN photo book, similar to what R.E.M. did with Hello and Pearl Jam with Place/Date. They could draw on everything Rob's done from '99 to '09, which is a very tidy little timeline. I'd totally buy it, so long as it wasn't expensive.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    One of my most vivid memories from my first NIN show (Winter WT) is TLBTB, both the song itself (which sounded SO FUCKING AMAZING live it BLEW MY MIND) but also watching the background/set and switching between watching that and watching Trent and just being completely in awe of it all. I don't know why, but that song blew my mind so much live.

edit: oh yeah, and when Trent held my hand or some shit. That's still pretty vivid too I guess.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    I think that Trent and Rob should put together a NIN photo book, similar to what R.E.M. did with Hello and Pearl Jam with Place/Date. They could draw on everything Rob's done from '99 to '09, which is a very tidy little timeline. I'd totally buy it, so long as it wasn't expensive.
    I've never seen either of those photo books, but I'm guessing like the Fragility and WT tour books, but not tour photos, rather, studio shit and all that?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I love studio shit, so here's some Nothing Studios 360 degree action if you've never seen 'em. Also, the original nin.com video file (I think -- but renamed) of a TR studio recording that I have on youtube which seems to be rare. You need quicktime installed as a browser blugin for the 360 stuff if you open in a new tab, otherwise you can save them and open them locally with Quicktime. Fuck I hate quicktime.

Nothing Studios A View 1
    Nothing Studios A View 2
    Nothing Studios B
    Nothing Studios - Charlie Clouser's Room

TR Whisper Recording

If I ever post stuff hosted from my dropbox and they disappear, it may be because I've renamed my folders. PM me of something ever disappears and you want it back up.
    Last edited by blassster; 07-06-2012 at 11:23 PM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    TLBTB sounded SO FUCKING AMAZING live it BLEW MY MIND
    Yeah. Except backing vocals.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    One of my most vivid memories from my first NIN show (Winter WT) is TLBTB, both the song itself (which sounded SO FUCKING AMAZING live it BLEW MY MIND) but also watching the background/set and switching between watching that and watching Trent and just being completely in awe of it all. I don't know why, but that song blew my mind so much live.

edit: oh yeah, and when Trent held my hand or some shit. That's still pretty vivid too I guess.
    Saw them for the first time in 2005 at London Brixton, remember that song well. Not one of my favorites by any stretch, but in the context of that show it really stuck out for me. No hand holding sadly, but I do seem to remember catching Trent's gaze and holding eye contact while he sang a verse of The Wretched. Though that could just be wishful thinking...

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I've never seen either of those photo books, but I'm guessing like the Fragility and WT tour books, but not tour photos, rather, studio shit and all that?
    Well, the books I mentioned have mostly tour photos, but a handful of other kinds of shots as well. I was thinking that a book of Rob's work could be a mixture of live shots, studio shots, press photos, etc. Just whatever he and TR thought was the best stuff. I think it would be nice to have it compiled in a book so that it could reach more people than just the major fans who may have the tour programs or a bunch of stuff saved on a hard drive.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Yeah. Except backing vocals.
    Ssshhhh, I don't remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by Trains View Post
    Saw them for the first time in 2005 at London Brixton, remember that song well. Not one of my favorites by any stretch, but in the context of that show it really stuck out for me. No hand holding sadly, but I do seem to remember catching Trent's gaze and holding eye contact while he sang a verse of The Wretched. Though that could just be wishful thinking...
    I didn't get The Wretched until my last show, and it's in my top 5 songs. I was terrified I'd never get to see it, because they would play The Frail.... into just about any other song. Closer, I Do Not Want This, etc. I heard Ilan count down at the end at my last show and FREAKED because I knew It'd be The Wretched.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Trent has tinnitus?

Never heard that one before. Maybe I'm just late in the gossip department though. Anyway, tinnitus sucks big time whether Trent has it or not.

Hey, maybe Torgo can ask him about it if (when?) she does that interview? The one they were suppose to do last year or so?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Hey, maybe Torgo can ask him about it if (when?) she does that interview? The one they were suppose to do last year or so?
    HAHAHAHAHAHA... yeah....

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Trent has tinnitus?

Never heard that one before. Maybe I'm just late in the gossip department though. Anyway, tinnitus sucks big time whether Trent has it or not.

I don't know if I'm imagining this, but didn't he only start using IEMs on stage starting with the WT tours? For some reason I'm remembering him saying "it's like putting a globe around your head, you're disconnected but I got used to it" (extreme paraphrase, if this was even him saying it). Unfortunately, ear damage is expected when you're a touring musician... and this is Trent Reznor music.

edit: here's something, but I'm not sure if this is the same thing I'm remembering.

Question:
    What were you laughing about on the MTV VMA performance?
    snguest_trent_reznor:
    I wasn't. I'm so pissed off about that, I've never been more scared in my life, I couldn't hear anything because I had to wear those stupid-ass in-ear monitors, I got talked into it.
    Last edited by blassster; 07-09-2012 at 08:51 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I don't think I've seen the lab4 perfect drug remixes get any love on here. Do people not like them, or just not well known?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Regarding this little bit in the new interview about the Black Ops II theme

"I have always looked to that franchise as the cutting edge of what seemingly unlimited budgets and full-on not cutting any corners can do in the current day and age,"
    I have never seen him talk such bullshit. The Call of Duty franchise is one of the worst offenders when it comes to cutting corners. Entire buildings in maps in one game have been lifted and placed into maps newer games in order to avoid having to actually create a new building. They just name the processes "iw5" or "iw4", standing for Infinity Ward and then whichever iteration of the franchise it is. The gameplay is just a carbon copy of the previous game with a few things changed. It's still the exact same multiplayer system as it has been since MW2, which was 3 games ago. Concerning singleplayer, I've watched videos of people demonstrating how you don't even have to play the game to complete a level, the enemies are just straw men which your allies will scriptedly take down while you can just watch and never shoot a bullet. It's the epitome of creative stagnation and far from cutting edge. It's obvious that they don't care about what they put out, they just stick to the formula they have because they know it makes them money.