Page 465 of 465 FirstFirst ... 365 415 455 463 464 465
Results 13,921 to 13,934 of 13934

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Ghosts 12 should’ve somehow, someway been incorporated into and played live during the LITS tour. One of the better songs off Ghosts and could’ve fit into it so many different ways.

Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Ghosts 12 should’ve somehow, someway been incorporated into and played live during the LITS tour. One of the better songs off Ghosts and could’ve fit into it so many different ways.
    I'm still salty the album hasn't had a track played in Europe yet. But yes, 12 Ghosts is the fucking bomb and could work so well as an alternative to Pinion for an opener

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I'm still salty the album hasn't had a track played since 2014.
    Fixed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Okay I think I have heard all I can take about Old Town Road and Miley Cyrus.
    I feel this!

I'm glad to see NIN get some exposure, sure, but after the whole Trilogy release cycle and its pervading aura of "we're not worried what people think, this is what we're excited about and that's what we're doing", all the "limited official collaborative T-shirt" kind of stuff we've been seeing from the NIN camp lately feels distressingly like a back-step towards Hesitation Marks' era of worrying too much about general relevance and putting an emphasis on reaching a wider audience (which I think the move to Columbia Records at that period neatly exemplified). Which isn't to say I have anything against NIN being featured in Captain Marvel or Old Town Road or Black Mirror (I thought Miley's covers were dreadful but you know, different strokes), just that I think it seems to be making a lot out of a little.

We've been NIN spoiled the past couple years and I don't expect crazy activity constantly but to me the Bird Box soundtrack is way more exciting than any of this stuff because it's actual content.

EDIT: I did love Strobe Light though!
    Last edited by Deacon Blackfire; 06-24-2019 at 04:42 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    It's just annoying because I'll get people asking me if I think it's cool because they know NIN is my favorite band and I don't give a shit about rap or pop music or the MCU.

Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    NIN is my favorite band
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    I don't give a shit about pop music
    Um
    Do you know how much pop NIN has made?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Um
    Do you know how much pop NIN has made?
    Ok fine they have made somr pop-esque songs, I'll give you that.

Like Copy of A makes me wanna dance, in a weird and awkward sorta way.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    how's this for an "attitude adjusted" concept: Trent & Atticus under pseudonyms become svengali pop producers & subvert the whole fucking thing. I'm pretty sure Miley would be game & there's a couple of others that have that potential. Seriously, I would like to hear a studio record with last year's touring band all involved in a capacity larger than a cameo appearance. Man(woman) for man, I don't think there are any bands out there that can touch that lineup. It would be interesting to hear what came of it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    12 Ghosts is one of the coolest songs from Ghosts, and I definitely agree that it could be used in some interesting ways live

Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    how's this for an "attitude adjusted" concept: Trent & Atticus under pseudonyms become svengali pop producers & subvert the whole fucking thing. I'm pretty sure Miley would be game & there's a couple of others that have that potential. Seriously, I would like to hear a studio record with last year's touring band all involved in a capacity larger than a cameo appearance. Man(woman) for man, I don't think there are any bands out there that can touch that lineup. It would be interesting to hear what came of it.
    I'm 100% here for that, not just Miley but go for a tonne of artists, Calvin Harris/Mark Ronson style - but you forget that Atticus HAS worked in pop

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I'm 100% here for that, not just Miley but go for a tonne of artists, Calvin Harris/Mark Ronson style - but you forget that Atticus HAS worked in pop
    i wasn't aware of the Pink song. i like her, too. the lady can sing!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    If it's real songs and not glorified parodies, i could go for that. The Black Mirror tracks do nothing for me. I'd enjoy them a lot more with all of the correct, original lyrics.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Why in fuck did they cut the key oard riff from Kinda I want to? The demo is so much better, it's maddening

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    i wasn't aware of the Pink song. i like her, too. the lady can sing!
    With an awesome personality to boot.