Page 148 of 528 FirstFirst ... 48 98 138 146 147 148 149 150 158 198 248 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,440 of 15827

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Do you mean this interview?
    Yes. Thank you very much for finding it, as it really is one of my favorite Trent Reznor quotes. I can only hope that a much better quality video of it actually exists.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Are you sure? I downloaded the 5/24 recording from RITC website, and it's the exact same performance as shown in the video, Ally birthday wishes beforehand included.
    I just spent an hour re-downloading it (since I'd deleted it already) and...I don't know what the fuck I was thinking. Yeah, they match.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    A New DVD of the 1998 American remake of Godzilla is currently a couple bucks MORE expensive than the vinyl edition of Welcome Oblivion on Amazon.

I know this should go in the HTDA subforum, but I felt like it needed to be brought to more people's attention.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    After finally getting around to listening to Niggy Tardust (which is excellent, btw), I think that Trent should really do more hip hop stuff. (Hello, Death Grips).

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Perhaps it's because there's obviously a lot of huge Nine Inch Nails fans on ETS and NIN.com, but it's always nice to see Nine Inch Nails fans being supportive through purchasing CDs, DVDs, and concert tickets. This also doesn't make me feel so alone with CD collecting. I'm also hardly a concert person, as I'm a bit of a recluse, but I've liked NIN so much to actually see him live. (Along with a few other bands, but that's just me.)

As I've mentioned before, it's always a pleasure since I hardly know any NIN fans in real life, and that ones I do know in real life are either not on ETS or NIN.com, or they're not a regular part of my life as of now even though I'm still cool with them. (However, it's kind of like I have no friends and no family at this point of my life right now, with my parents being the only exception.) I went with a few of them in real life before to see NIN, but they're not really close friends, even in the literal sense as they live far away from my home, while having different interests, and I doubt that they're into collecting physical media of any kind that much, with the exception of some video games here and there. I've always been impressed by the NIN collections displayed here too.

Oh yes, and I didn't forget about the vinyl collections either. I'd also do it, but I think I'd at least need a decent vinyl player first. (I hardly know a thing about vinyl players, and the one I have right now isn't as good as I thought it was.) It's also nice to see that just about every single NIN album is on vinyl.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 05-15-2014 at 04:10 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    "Please" has got to make a comeback live. Listening to the Fragile for the first time in a few weeks (I know, right?) and every time I hear that song I just think how great it would be to see.
    Last edited by implanted_microchip; 05-16-2014 at 12:50 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just got done listening to the Year Zero Instrumental album... its amazing how much is missed when lyrics are in the way..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I honestly think if The Slip were released today on a label instead of Hesitation Marks the singles would be higher on the radio charts than Came Back Haunted. Whenever I listen to alternative radio stations in Chicago I sometimes will hear Came Back Haunted but if Discipline or Echoplex or even Demon Seed were released instead I think they would fit with whats played on the radio and be requested more.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Echoplex and demon seed are both great but under appreciated nin songs. CBH is over cooked and way overrated IMO but I truly love every other song on HM. It's superior to the slip in so many ways.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Demon Seed live into Came Back Haunted would actually be awesome, going from "There is a seed inside of me" to "They put something inside of me."

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    The Collector actually grew on me, and it actually has become one of my favorite tracks on With Teeth. I used to skip it most of the time, but it's also become one of the songs that got more relatable to me as I got older. The live version has also increased my appreciation of The Collector.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I'm really not expecting anymore Ghosts releases for a long time if ever. It seems to me like the scoring he's been doing for years now has become an outlet for him to work on purely instrumental sounds, with HTDA and NIN letting him do the traditional structure more. I've honestly viewed his score work as the next step in the whole idea of Ghosts, he had a desire to make instrumental music and now he's found a completely suitable format for it.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I'm really not expecting anymore Ghosts releases for a long time if ever. It seems to me like the scoring he's been doing for years now has become an outlet for him to work on purely instrumental sounds, with HTDA and NIN letting him do the traditional structure more. I've honestly viewed his score work as the next step in the whole idea of Ghosts, he had a desire to make instrumental music and now he's found a completely suitable format for it.
    See, with all of Trent's "official" projects ramping up so much lately, I think that we can expect another Ghosts-type project to pop up sooner or later. If anything, it wouldn't be because of idle hands, but maybe a break from contractual obligations and stuff like that.

For the record, I do consider Ghosts an official release, but you know what I mean.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    See, with all of Trent's "official" projects ramping up so much lately, I think that we can expect another Ghosts-type project to pop up sooner or later. If anything, it wouldn't be because of idle hands, but maybe a break from contractual obligations and stuff like that.

For the record, I do consider Ghosts an official release, but you know what I mean.
    I don't think he has contractual obligations anymore. HM was released "under exclusive license to Columbia Records"

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    I don't think he has contractual obligations anymore. HM was released "under exclusive license to Columbia Records"
    Oh, you know what I mean. :P His big fancy official projects.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I wouldn't mind another Ghosts I'd just be surprised if the guy wanted to go from doing huge lengthy scores of instrumental music to doing another 2 hours or so of instrumental music, especially if he keeps doing Fincher's stuff.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Baahaahaahhaahha.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Maybe I've just been watching too much Twin Peaks, but I see a slight similarity between the five note melody in the middle eight of "Reptile" (from 5:13 to 5:21) and the ascending Twin Peaks leitmotif that leads into the climax of "Laura Palmer's Theme".

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Baahaahaahhaahha.

yeah, because every arpeggio sounds exactly the same :: eye roll ::

(not eye-rolling at you, obviously)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    yeah, because every arpeggio sounds exactly the same :: eye roll ::

(not eye-rolling at you, obviously)
    every arpeggio is exactly the same
    there is no love here
    and there is no pain

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Sweet Christ. I swear on my LIFE that picture zooms in if you stare into Trent's stare for too long.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Depending on my mood, I sometimes find Right Where It Belongs and Zero-Sum to be very comforting. It's also been a while since I've listened to either song.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Random NIN-comic from a 2007 notebook.
    "Die Gefahren der Rockmusik" is of courze german for "The Dangers of Rock-Music".

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Looking back at The Downward Spiral to With Teeth today with a different conception of time than I've used to have in the early to mid 2000s, having 4 CDs released as far as major releases went in a span of 11 years isn't that bad.

And since And All That Could Have Been (Live/Still) also count as a major release, that can also make it 6 CDs in a span of 11 years. And well, 1994-2005 was quite the trip for Nine Inch Nails, as I sometimes find myself looking up those eras the most on Google.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 05-17-2014 at 04:22 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Sweet Christ. I swear on my LIFE that picture zooms in if you stare into Trent's stare for too long.
    No, you're right — it really does.

Does seem plausible that he "borrowed" the arpeggio, but if so he put it to better use…

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrie_Schnee View Post
    Random NIN-comic from a 2007 notebook.
    "Die Gefahren der Rockmusik" is of courze german for "The Dangers of Rock-Music".

This is basically what happened to me when I first heard the song. It was something else.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    The instrumental tracks for The Downward Spiral are not good to use as running music.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I could actually see that, as both songs would either make me want to relax or mope around.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I don't know why I kept having this slip my mind. An EP with The Perfect Drug and Driver Down sound in 1997 would've kicked so much ass. I also haven't listened to Driver Down in a while either.

@BrownEyedStatistic - I was also just wondering if this was one of other songs by Trent that you haven't heard yet.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    It's always cool to see someone who loves NIN but haven't listened to the really deep cuts react to those songs.