Page 449 of 449 FirstFirst ... 349 399 439 447 448 449
Results 13,441 to 13,451 of 13451

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I mean, I always thought the beat was inspired by Everybody Wants To Rule The World by Tears For Fears than anything else. Definitely makes more sense than Michael Jackson.

Also, I think Capital G would go over really well if they played it live again. I'm actually surprised that we haven't heard more Year Zero stuff beyond the usual staples, but I guess Trent & Atticus are trying not to be too obvious at the moment.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 11-10-2018 at 11:45 AM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I mean, I always thought the beat was inspired by Everybody Wants To Rule The World by Tears For Fears than anything else. Definitely makes more sense than Michael Jackson.

Also, I think Capital G would go over really well if they played it live again. I'm actually surprised that we haven't heard more Year Zero stuff beyond the usual staples, but I guess Trent & Atticus are trying not to be too obvious at the moment.
    YES. I've been kinda hoping that we got that one at some point this tour. Guess there's still a chance it could happen, though. You're probably right with some of the YZ material being a little on-the-nose for now, but maybe that isn't even a factor, either.

I think part of wanting so many songs to pop up on this touring cycle has to do with the fact that they could sound really awesome with this iteration of the band. Of the 5 shows I went to, there's only been one song I thought sounded better on previous tours than the current one (that one song being Spoiler: Only), and it still didn't even sound bad at all.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    My Violent Heart gives off strong NTAE/AV vibes now that I listen to it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    if i want to listen to "the way you make me feel" by michael jackson, i'll listen to that song. trent's version just doesn't do anything for me.
    I usually stick to the Airwolf theme, Jacko's version is a tad slow and I never cared for the lyrics.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Listening to the tape of Chicago night 3. It's a motherfucker of a show. Wow!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    I love capital G. I love his vocals and the guitar riffs. Capital G is a great nin song.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I like Capital G as well, but my full appreciation of it is watered down by it feeling too much like The Hand That Feeds redone in Year Zero style. However, don't let this make you think I dislike The Hand That Feeds, because I do like it; in fact it holds a special place to me in being the first NIN song I ever heard.

Also, what parts on Capital G are the Saxophone, Trombone and Trumpet exactly? Never quite got that

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    You can hear the horns immediately after each chorus I think, leading into the next verse. They're pretty low-pitched, so they're actually kind of buried and you have to pick them out. They're a bit more pronounced right before the bridge and after the final chorus.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    You can hear the horns immediately after each chorus I think, leading into the next verse. They're pretty low-pitched, so they're actually kind of buried and you have to pick them out. They're a bit more pronounced right before the bridge and after the final chorus.
    Always better to hear it in the track itself but, there are the multitracks to hear all the nuances of one single sound

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    ilan rubin is moving up my list of favorite drummers quickly. the man is amazing!
    Last edited by chuckrh; 11-11-2018 at 02:21 PM.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Nine Inch Nails always had a way with aging well in terms of life experience alongside music itself that is, at least to me.

As for one example out of many, Only is seriously hitting me like a ton of bricks just right now.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    ilan rubin is moving up my list of favorite drummers quickly. the man is amazing!
    He is also are really nice dude! Met him twice (once after the NIN Scala show and another time when he was drumming for another band i will not mention) and both times he was really just happy to be around people that appreciated what he was doing.