Page 467 of 527 FirstFirst ... 367 417 457 465 466 467 468 469 477 517 ... LastLast
Results 13,981 to 14,010 of 15809

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blackfire View Post
    At this point it seems likely that our next update from the NIN camp will probably involve the Watchmen soundtrack or the (maybe happening?) Bird Box physical release. But as far as our next update on Nine Inch Nails itself...I know it's a longshot by now, but an announcement of a live album / Blu-Ray documenting the Cold & Black & Infinite tour would be just about as exciting to me as new NIN material. It has been over a decade since the awesome Beside You In Time, NIN's most recent official live release, and if ever a tour was meriting of "proper" documentation, it was C&B&I.
    Totally agree, but I always want to hear what he's currently working on and what is getting him off musically. Hopefully lots of guitars, live drum sounds, and distorted bass guitars/synths.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostaustin View Post
    Is this entire interview available somewhere? I've been searching but can't find the whole thing
    I couldn't find an actual video, but this seems to be the whole interview so far.

https://www.mixcloud.com/kcrwsthetre...creens-summit/

Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    Honestly, seeing all those freaks calling NIN "satanic" on the "newest uploads" on YouTube is far more of a terrifying experience.
    That just immediately reminded me about Mark Dice. His video on Nine Inch Nails making one of those very claims seems to have been taken down though.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I really wish Trent would start introducing more colors into his vinyl releases. I would LOVE a transparent seafoam blue release of The Fragile, or a blood red edition of the slip, or a smoky clear and blue version of with_teeth.
    Last edited by tony.parente; 08-08-2019 at 09:54 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I really wish Trent would start introducing more colors into his vinyl releases. I would LOVE a transparent seafoam blue release of The Fragile, or a blood red edition of the slip, or a smoky clear and blue version of with_teeth.
    Speaking of that, it seems like With_Teeth has different type of blue depending which version I am seeing of the cover art

I saw more variants of the colour for the album, always found it curious.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Speaking of that, it seems like With_Teeth has different type of blue depending which version I am seeing of the cover art

Noticed that as well. Always wondered which of the two was supposed to be the "official" album cover, or if they're both considered official.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulerage View Post
    Noticed that as well. Always wondered which of the two was supposed to be the "official" album cover, or if they're both considered official.
    I have no idea, it is really strange, I personally prefer the subtle, sky-blue second cover, to me that kind of focuses on the overall feeling of melancholony and loneliness which album expresses both lyrically and musically.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Pretty sure that's just different scanners not showing colors the exact same way. There weren't different colored artworks released or anything, just bad internet copies. For what it's worth, the second one is the closest to the actual color.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    Pretty sure that's just different scanners not showing colors the exact same way. There weren't different colored artworks released or anything, just bad internet copies. For what it's worth, the second one is the closest to the actual color.
    I have 2 different copies, one an import and one not, and they have slightly different color shades. At least a few editions were different.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    These two covers aren't only different by their colour, notice that the top cover is also missing the lines from the top.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    These two covers aren't only different by their colour, notice that the top cover is also missing the lines from the top.
    The one with lines at the top is the DualDisc version. All other releases omit this - so they're both official.
    Last edited by fragmentjunkie; 08-09-2019 at 01:32 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fragmentjunkie View Post
    The one with lines at the top is the DualDisc version. All other releases omit this - so they're both official.
    There is this also this version of the artwork which has a more green tinge to the blue cover. No idea where this one came from.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    The green tint is either the Japan or Australia import, i believe. I have both of those and i don't remember off the top of my head which one is more on the green side, i'd have to get my physical collection out and take a look.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    i wonder what trent & atticus are cooking up for us right now? i'll admit it, i'm seriously jonesing for some new music. whatever form that takes.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    I have 2 different copies, one an import and one not, and they have slightly different color shades. At least a few editions were different.
    The only two edition variations were the standard and dualdisc covers, but what changed was the lines. As far as having two copies that are slightly different, it'll just be because they were printed from different machines. I've seen two of the exact same album on a shelf in a store that were slightly different colors, and they were both ordered at the same time, with no differences between editions. My point is that there is not an intentional color difference between these album covers.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I don't know why The Slip's rehearsal's have a far better vocal performances than the studio. It is a little frustrating to me. Head Down in particular.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I don't know why The Slip's rehearsal's have a far better vocal performances than the studio. It is a little frustrating to me. Head Down in particular.
    Likely because performing in a live setting with loud amps and drums would make TR more inclined to deliver an aggressive performance.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Reference to the original poster: Why are there thin lines running down from the top towards the logo in that version of the artwork ?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Detunez View Post
    Why are there thin lines running down from the top towards the logo in that version of the artwork ?
    It's the DualDisc version mentioned previously in this thread. This included a 5.1 mix of the album along with The Hand That Feeds music video and some other tidbits.

https://www.discogs.com/Nine-Inch-Na...release/450357

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    There's sometimes nothing like Something I Can Never Have and That's What I Get to help heal me from the wounds, sores and burns from being rejected by a crush. I know it's absolutely nothing compared to the destruction of an actual long-term relationship, especially a divorce, but it still helps despite that fact that I've always been single. I might as well also include rejected marriage proposals to that list.

Thank you very much for that yet again Trent Reznor, as it helps me prevent me from making even more regrettable decisions in the future concerning such matters, and still helps me move on.

It just happened not so long ago, nor was that the first time since I became a fan, but it's definitely still helping me cope and deal with that exact type of rejection.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 08-18-2019 at 07:41 PM.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    "Something I Can Never Have" was a go-to song for me during high school when I was in love with a friend that I could never be in a relationship with. It was a huge help and still remains a favorite for its emotional resonance.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    There's sometimes nothing like Something I Can Never Have and That's What I Get to help heal me from the wounds, sores and burns from being rejected by a crush. I know it's absolutely nothing compared to the destruction of an actual long-term relationship, especially a divorce, but it still helps despite that fact that I've always been single. I might as well also include rejected marriage proposals to that list.

Thank you very much for that yet again Trent Reznor, as it helps me prevent me from making even more regrettable decisions in the future concerning such matters, and still helps me move on.

It just happened not so long ago, nor was that the first time since I became a fan, but it's definitely still helping me cope and deal with that exact type of rejection.
    Hang in there, man. This one works for me in such cases:

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Just made this, inspired by Tool version:

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I just came across this when I was looking up Burn.

@Helpmeiaminhell - I also wondered about what your reaction to this might've been.

With that being said, Burn is still easily one of my most favorite songs live, right up there with Mr Self Destruct and Happiness In Slavery. I certainly hope to see it again.

Speaking of which, I still also hope to see Happiness In Slavery, The Only Time, Kinda I Want To and Ringfinger. Not all of them at once to be realistic, but even just 1 or 2 of any of those songs would make my day at a NIN show.

I also forgot to mention that I just loved the way he ended The Becoming here. It's just the way he sings "Goddamn this noise. God. Damn. This noise. Inside. My. Fucking. My fucking head.", kind of made me wish it that went on just a little bit longer.

Last edited by Halo Infinity; 09-01-2019 at 12:12 PM.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    My friend worships Filter. I need to send him that link

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Head Like A Hole and Capital G at least to me, are definitely those Nine Inch Nails songs that became more true and real as time passes by. (But for different reasons from songs like Hurt, The Great Below, Every Day Is Exactly The Same and Copy Of A, which seem relatable to the daily grind of life and people coming and going.) I was also still just a student when Year Zero came out, but once I was working and job-searching and just hit me more and more as you can be sometimes damned if you do and damned if you don't when it comes to money.

Seeing Trent Reznor also get tangled with wires on the music video to Head Like A Hole also meant more to me now than it ever did before, because actually experiencing the control of "God Money" and how it could tie you up and flip your life upside down is all too real sometimes, while also "dragging you down and using you up". And even then, you're still assimilated into the "machine", since God Money is still your "God" at the end of the day, no matter who you are and how rich you are.

And he signs his name with a Capital G.

But for real, it's no wonder why both of those songs are also among my go-to songs on Labor Day.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 09-02-2019 at 08:16 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    God damn i love Sunspots!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Detunez View Post
    God damn i love Sunspots!
    There's something unbelievably sexy about the way that song sounds. The lyrics could just be him reading from the telephone book, it wouldn't even matter. The vibe of it is a 10/10.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    20 years ago today

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    it's weird to me to think about how much the 21st of september means to me. every one of these events drastically changed my life.

1999 - the fragile
    2004 - suicide attempt
    2014 - wedding

looking forward to celebrating all of these things (the failure of the second one, obviously) next weekend.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Listening to PHM while doing housework, the whole of this portion: “how can you turn me into this, when you just taught me how to kiss you? I told you I’d never say goodbye. Now I’m slipping on the tears you’ve made me cry.” always seems to get a lot of flack because of the lame/cheesy lyrics. I think it’s totally OK when you take into consideration the acknowledgment of naïvety not long later on in the song:

“Why’s it come as a surprise to think that I was so naïve?”

Actually makes it genuinely heart breaking.