Page 444 of 444 FirstFirst ... 344 394 434 442 443 444
Results 13,291 to 13,309 of 13309

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, Nine Inch Nails fan's suck at using acronyms. You need a codex to understand anything!

Although I have stopped thinking when I see TDTWWA, unless someone gets it wrong and puts TDTWWWA and I have to think if a new songs been released.
    The worst acronym is the whole While I’m Still Here WISH or Wish confusion

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Never understood why you folks use acronyms anywhoo, what.. you lot about to board a train and need to shortcut a post?? The Whole Wide World Went Away gets a pass though..

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaps View Post
    The Whole Wide World Went Away gets a pass though..
    The day the whoOoOoOle world, went away,
    The day the whole wide world, went away

Last edited by GibbonBlack; 10-07-2018 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Added a quote

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    So like
    Seeing Mr Self Destruct live (for the first time in 23 years) in Denver, I realized that it's a warning, and an utterly fucking terrifying one at that.

I sure do wish 14 year old me understood what "the high you can't sustain" actually meant.

When he said "I am a silencing machine/I am the end of all your dreams," yeah, I was like " oh god. Oh, fuck. "

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    Musically that's not a terrible cover, but dear lord are those vocals embarrassing. He's not a particularly bad singer, but that was the most try-hard edgy shit I've heard in a while. And no one should ever have ad-libs in a cover, ever. Especially not in an effort to show how dark and cool they are. Ugh.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Now that we got The Perfect Drug live... Dear @teitan how about And All That Could Have Been?
    Also that Hand Covers Bruise Intro into Beside You In Time is stellar as well. Just saying.

Those are probably my big 3 wishes to hear live.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Now that we got The Perfect Drug live... Dear @teitan how about And All That Could Have Been?
    Also that Hand Covers Bruise Intro into Beside You In Time is stellar as well. Just saying.

Those are probably my big 3 wishes to hear live.
    If I heard And All That Could Have Been live I think I would just be done with all music after that forever, like what's the point after that?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    I was listening to Bad Witch and have noticed that the saxophone parts from Play the Goddamned Part reminded me of the Ganon/Ganondorf theme from The Legend of Zelda. I'm not sure if that was already mentioned though, and if it was also noticed, I doubt it's going to be as widely thought of as the Final Fantasy theme reference to All Time Low. As a result, Play the Goddamned Part became even more of a favorite.

Aside from that, I definitely needed to let Bad Witch grow on me. Shit Mirror and Over and Out are still my go-to songs though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Currently listening to the Gone Girl soundtrack. Regardless of how often I listen to it, the last song catches me off guard every time. Silence (or almost silence) and I think to myself I need to put something else on, but then that ominous ending explodes from my speakers and I stop in my tracks.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thenorthwood View Post
    Currently listening to the Gone Girl soundtrack. Regardless of how often I listen to it, the last song catches me off guard every time. Silence (or almost silence) and I think to myself I need to put something else on, but then that ominous ending explodes from my speakers and I stop in my tracks.

I literally just put a post in the OST section about this track!!

And ya, the last bit scares me. I'm pretty sure this track is an actual living demon beast.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The problem with super rich NIN fans is they can fuck us over when it comes to auctions. I tried my damnedest to win one of the tour Roland keyboards... and I would have done anything to win one of the Fragile Les Pauls (I knew immediately I had no chance).

Needless to say I didn't win a god damn thing. I'm actually surprised someone like Jack Osborn didn't just buy everything.... Albeit I would have if I had millions.

> What ever happened to all the Fragile guitars? < There was a site that listed all the items and selling price... but no stories....?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post

> What ever happened to all the Fragile guitars? < There was a site that listed all the items and selling price... but no stories....?
    I think Jason Hook (a guitarist for Five Finger Death Punch) was able to get one of them. I think he has a soft spot for The Fragile, but that's the last i heard of it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    ^ I need to become friends with this 5FDP guitarist!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    the saxophone parts from Play the Goddamned Part reminded me of the Ganon/Ganondorf theme from The Legend of Zelda.
    Nine Inch Nails - Theme for Legend of Zelda.mp3

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Nine Inch Nails - Theme for Legend of Zelda.mp3
    If Trent Reznor walks out on stage with an ocarina I’m gonna lose my shit.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Just to merely imagine how that would translate A Warm Place, La Mer or Leaving Hope. (Or any other song for that matter, but those were the 3 songs were certainly first to came to mind.)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    4:15 to 4:47 in All the Love In the World is one of the greatest moments in music, ever