Page 461 of 461 FirstFirst ... 361 411 451 459 460 461
Results 13,801 to 13,811 of 13811

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    But going back now, and especially in light of the EP trilogy, it's really hard for me to not look at it as, I suppose, a very safe release overall (Everything aside), coming from a guy who maybe wasn't sure what NIN was anymore.

I suppose what I wish the most about it is that it had hit just a little harder. I can't be down on TR for the many standout drum machine bits since that was the genesis of the album, but also I can't help but imagine how much having more of a live drum presence would have lifted the album by quite a bit.
    Absolutely agree here, especially about adding some live drums which is something I've been saying for a while and would have helped give the album more edge. I find the album stays leveled throughout, never really feels like it peaks or troughs, just stays flat and I become a bit bored. The drum machine angle gets a bit stale after a while and verses/choruses/bridges begin to blend into each other. I do like In Two. Tracks sound much better live and I wish we got more of that band feeling in the studio. Release studio versions of the live performances of tracks and I will enjoy it much more.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    we've been spoiled by the constant flow of new music from trent in all it's forms. been a little while now & i am totally jonesing for new stuff!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    TNT’s Animal Kingdom comes back for a new season next month, which has previously featured The Background World and I’m Not From This World in recent episodes, not to mention the theme song (Welcome To The Jungle) being done by TRAR. They should totally step it up a notch and write a full-fledged song for the series, IMO.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Was playing planet coaster and i think NIN should open a fun park, wouldn't you want to ride a roller-coaster called the downward spiral? Get lost in the Perfect Maze or make a decision to go up above it or down into the rather nice but unpleasant Pretty Hate Machine? Try and keep on your feet in The Slip? Avoid getting green goo on you riding on 'The Deep'? Take a terrifying walk around the house with 36 ghosts? Not being able to ride 'Broken' because it's broken.

Sorry, too much coffee today.
    Last edited by Reaps; 04-16-2019 at 06:42 AM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaps View Post
    Was playing planet coaster and i think NIN should open a fun park, wouldn't you want to ride a roller-coaster called the downward spiral? Get lost in the Perfect Maze or make a decision to go up above it or down into the rather nice but unpleasant Pretty Hate Machine? Try and keep on your feet in The Slip? Avoid getting green goo on you riding on 'The Deep'? Take a terrifying walk around the house with 36 ghosts? Not being able to ride 'Broken' because it's broken.

Sorry, too much coffee today.
    They could make part of the coaster look like it’s Broken and you’re about to die, but then just in time, it’s Fixed

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    There is alot of NIN bass lines that are no where as loud as should be in the mix.

TBH Witha Teetha and Ahead of Ourselfs and Sanctified are the only ones that immeaditly come to mind that I can hum from memory.
    The one from Happiness in Slavery is pretty funky and put forward, comes to mind immediately for me

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I would love to hear a completed version of "was it worth it?" with vocals. Probably my favorite track on Deviations.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Having finished my list of NIN covers, I realised they have done exactly 50 as of Greensleeves - if we take HTDA and TRAR covers as covers http://www.nin.wiki/Cover_Songs

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Having finished my list of NIN covers, I realised they have done exactly 50 as of Greensleeves - if we take HTDA and TRAR covers as covers http://www.nin.wiki/Cover_Songs
    For Down In The Park it says “partially, Gary Numan on guest vocals”. Gary pretty pretty much wrote the song and Tubeway Army was only used for his first two albums before just going under his name. I think it should just say “Yes” in that column. @botley ?

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    For Down In The Park it says “partially, Gary Numan on guest vocals”. Gary pretty pretty much wrote the song and Tubeway Army was only used for his first two albums before just going under his name. I think it should just say “Yes” in that column. @botley ?
    I don't know enough about early Numan to know, but pretty much wrote isn't wrote?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I don't know enough about early Numan to know, but pretty much wrote isn't wrote?
    It was written and produced just by Gary.