Page 516 of 516 FirstFirst ... 16 416 466 506 514 515 516
Results 15,451 to 15,460 of 15460

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    nine inch nails is a mkultra experiment

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Listening to Depeche Mode's "Construction Time Again," I'm reminded of the themes revisited in NIN's "Year Zero."

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I was watching Al Jourgensen on Dave Navarro's podcast from 2018 and they were talking about Al getting into a fight with Henry Rollins at Lollapalooza in 1991 when he went to visit TR. Apparently Henry Rollins and NIN were sharing a tour bus, Al came on looking for TR and Henry yelled something like "AHH NOO, no junkies on the bus!"

Anyhow, I never knew that they shared a bus but now it makes more sense now how TR had that quote about everyone being super cool on that tour, with the exception of Henry Rollins.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    I was watching Al Jourgensen on Dave Navarro's podcast from 2018 and they were talking about Al getting into a fight with Henry Rollins at Lollapalooza in 1991 when he went to visit TR. Apparently Henry Rollins and NIN were sharing a tour bus, Al came on looking for TR and Henry yelled something like "AHH NOO, no junkies on the bus!"

Anyhow, I never knew that they shared a bus but now it makes more sense now how TR had that quote about everyone being super cool on that tour, with the exception of Henry Rollins.
    Even if Henry was out of line, i find it hilarious!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    22 years ago today i saw nin live for the first time.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    22 years ago today i saw nin live for the first time.
    Same! I was at that show as well.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Embarrassing confession time: 15 years after it was first released, I seem to finally be able to "hear" the beat properly during the first verse of Survivalism. The very first time I heard that track, my brain latched onto those offbeat drums and heard them as if they were the downbeats instead. For awhile I'd thought that the first chorus intentionally starts by chopping off a bit of the previous bar -- not unheard-of in NIN-land. Not sure when exactly I realized I'd just been hearing it wrong, but it's been an awfully pesky meme to dislodge from my brain. I've had to very consciously ignore the vocals while listening, but I think I'm finally to the point where I've reset my reflexes on that one. Listening through the recordings of these 2022 shows has been the first time where it's felt at all second-nature. I still sort of feel like I've gotta concentrate a bit not to slip back into the old "habit," but it's a bit of a relief.

Now to wait for the Lifetime Movie folks to call...

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xolotl View Post
    Embarrassing confession time: 15 years after it was first released, I seem to finally be able to "hear" the beat properly during the first verse of Survivalism.
    Don't be embarrassed...as I don't fully understand what's off about it. It doesn't sound weird to me. And not because I get it. I think it's more I just don't understand music theory beyond I like what I like.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    It doesn't sound weird to me.
    Oh for sure! That's because there's nothing weird about it at all -- the weirdness was entirely concentrated in my collection of neurons devoted to the song. Had to get those bastards in line is all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    TIL Justin Meldal-Johnsen produced Midnight City by M83.