Page 507 of 528 FirstFirst ... 7 407 457 497 505 506 507 508 509 517 ... LastLast
Results 15,181 to 15,210 of 15824

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

HAPPY 32nd BIRTHDAY to NIN's Pretty Hate Machine - released OTD - 1989

READ - an excerpt from my book Into The Never on how PHM and Broken paved the way for The Downward Spiral!

https://adamsteiner.uk/nine-inch-nails-into-the-never/

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Seeing all the RnR HOF stuff from this year has made me kinda salty that NIN didn't get to perform at the ceremony last year

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    No matter how hard I try to hear Trent in the song Is Your Love Strong Enough? I can never hear him. All I hear is Phil Collins.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I was the best man at my best friends wedding the other day and the grooms party walked down to Together off of Ghosts.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    I was the best man at my best friends wedding the other day and the grooms party walked down to Together off of Ghosts.
    The entire album?!?!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Sometimes when I'm pissy with my wife and doing the dishes, I imagine that my life is a musical where I sing Ringfinger in that moment

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papagolash View Post
    No matter how hard I try to hear Trent in the song Is Your Love Strong Enough? I can never hear him. All I hear is Phil Collins.
    It is my favorite part of that song. What an odd choice, but it works perfectly for the song. How does one even do that vocal effect? Is it just like a mild phaser effect coupled with more mundane stuff like particular EQ'ing? I'd love to know how to do that effect myself, even though I doubt I would have much use for it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Was just listening to Ripe (With Decay) and had Shit Mirror queued up to come on after. It went together perfectly. It felt like Shit Mirror had one long intro. I recommend trying that one out.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 11-22-2021 at 05:57 AM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    Was just listening to Ripe (With Decay) and had Shit Mirror queued up to come on after. It went together perfectly. It felt like Shit Mirror had one long intro. I recommend trying that one out.
    The only good thing that comes out of listening to NIN on shuffle, you can get some really interesting lead-ins like that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It has been almost 5 years since what I assumed to be the “first” Deviations release was announced. Every year around this time I hope another one of these releases gets announced.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    It has been almost 5 years since what I assumed to be the “first” Deviations release was announced. Every year around this time I hope another one of these releases gets announced.
    I wonder what another Deviations release could look like.
    The Fragile is the only record as far as we know that had a tonne of unreleased material, alternate versions.
    We already have the TDS instrumentals. What else could there be to justify another release like this? (don't say Tapeworm).

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    I wonder what another Deviations release could look like.
    The Fragile is the only record as far as we know that had a tonne of unreleased material, alternate versions.
    We already have the TDS instrumentals. What else could there be to justify another release like this? (don't say Tapeworm).
    Almost any album, really. Maybe not 3CDs worth of finished tracks, but we know how anal Trent is about keeping all the outtakes locked.
    With Teeth piano demos (or pre-Grohl versions). Don't forget 3 extra tracks in the lyric poster.
    Year Zero laptop demos.
    Hez Marks/Dave Sitek demos.
    Anything they scrapped from Bad Witch (after they realized they're getting Add Violence 2, per Trent's own words).

Wasn't there also much more music recorded with Zack? I don't think we'll hear it, but in theory TR can throw Zack's vocals away (if there are any) and turn the rest into his own thing.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I thought there was an entire finished album with Zack?
    Following the disbandment of Rage Against the Machine, de la Rocha worked on a solo album he had been recording since before the band's dissolution, working with DJ Shadow, El-P, Muggs, Dan The Automator, Roni Size, DJ Premier and Questlove with production partner James Poyser.[24] The album never came to fruition, and de la Rocha started a new collaboration with Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails, in which around 20 tracks were produced.[25] Reznor thought the work was "excellent",[25] but said the songs will likely never be released as de la Rocha was not "ready to make a record" at that time.[26] On working with DJ Shadow and Reznor, de la Rocha admitted in a 2008 interview that:

When I left Rage ... first off, I was very heartbroken, and secondly, I became obsessed with completely reinventing my wheel. In an unhealthy way, to a degree. I kind of forgot that old way of allowing yourself to just be a conduit. When I was working with Trent and Shadow, I felt that I was going through the motions. Not that what was produced wasn't great, but I feel now that I've maybe reinvented the base sounds that emanate from the songs.[27]
    it's up in the air as to whether Zack or Guillermo del Toro are worse at announcing and never releasing/producing their work.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Hez Marks/Dave Sitek demos.
    I thought the only thing Dave Sitek did for TR was a couple of remixes, and that Markus Dravs was the early producer for HM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Trent made it sound like they left no stone unturned when they were making Hesitation Marks as far as exploring different approaches before they settled on the more minimal and electronic sound. I'm sure there's lots of alternate versions of many of those tracks, in addition to the instrumentals that were included on the iTunes "In Conversation With" interview track. Also, who's to say a volume of Deviations NEEDS to be as expansive as the one for The Fragile? I think it would be cool to get smaller volumes, too. The abandoned tracks recorded between Add Violence and Bad Witch would be a perfect place to start. There are probably a few more tracks from the trilogy that ended up on the cutting room floor, as well. I'd still welcome a repackaged version of the trilogy with an extra track or two and an edit of The Background World that truncates the looped ending.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Hell, there's a FDTS v2 (and v3 if you're into that) so why not make a v2 of the trilogy.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Hell, there's a FDTS v2 (and v3 if you're into that) so why not make a v2 of the trilogy.
    Not the Actual Trilogy

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Almost any album, really. Maybe not 3CDs worth of finished tracks, but we know how anal Trent is about keeping all the outtakes locked.
    With Teeth piano demos (or pre-Grohl versions). Don't forget 3 extra tracks in the lyric poster.
    Year Zero laptop demos.
    Yeah, I always assumed With Teeth would be the next in line. I assumed there was a ton of material from that era, even if just in demo form. I would also like to hear the Year Zero track with Josh Homme at some point.

Right now I would be satisfied with the rest of the Walled Off Hotel performance. Seriously, why is there no info about that. The one track was amazing and we were just left hanging. Please release this in any format.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    v3?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yes i would love more of walled off hotel

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    v3?
    honestly it's been part of my iTunes library for so long I don't recall where I found it. maybe one of the archive downloads?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Not even considering Deviations, I miss proper remix releases. The last one was for Hesitation Marks and it isn’t even on streaming. I get that the market for that doesn’t exist anymore but NIN is a band that doesn’t really need a market for anything. I can’t even imagine what fans with the multitracks for the trilogy could come up with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here I was hoping for a Fragile Deviations vol II that was just 4x LPs worth of the raw Mike Garson sessions.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by implanted_microchip View Post
    Not even considering Deviations, I miss proper remix releases. The last one was for Hesitation Marks and it isn’t even on streaming. I get that the market for that doesn’t exist anymore but NIN is a band that doesn’t really need a market for anything. I can’t even imagine what fans with the multitracks for the trilogy could come up with.
    I recently asked nincatalog twitter followers about whether they would like another proper remix album release and I don't think I received one "no, I wouldn't care for that" comment.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I'm surprised we didn't get any remixes from the EP trilogy. Then again, maybe Trent & Atticus just wanted them to stand on their own without any reinterpretations. The fact that they've done a couple remixes of their own in the past decade tells me that there's still an interest in them on their part.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Here's a random question.

I remember nin.com posting photos during the bleedthrough WIP era, before it turned into With Teeth. One of those images was of a Fender Jaguar in close up, and I seem to think another photo with Trent and the Fender Jaguar. (not sure about the latter)

Anyone know where I can find these photos?

It might also have been during the With Teeth WIP era, can't remember.

I know for a fact that it was way earlier than The Slip era when Alessandro started to play with Jazzmasters live.

This is a Jaguar

This is a Jazzmaster

Both incredible guitars. <3
    Last edited by hobochic; 12-03-2021 at 08:34 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobochic View Post
    Here's a random question.

I remember nin.com posting photos during the bleedthrough WIP era, before it turned into With Teeth. One of those images was of a Fender Jaguar in close up, and I seem to think another photo with Trent and the Fender Jaguar. (not sure about the latter)

Anyone know where I can find these photos?

It might also have been during the With Teeth WIP era, can't remember.

I know for a fact that it was way earlier than The Slip era when Alessandro started to play with Jazzmasters live.

This is a Jaguar

This is a Jazzmaster

Both incredible guitars. <3
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/sqmqdjwa75trl1z/5-22-04.jpg

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by implanted_microchip View Post
    Not even considering Deviations, I miss proper remix releases.
    I miss the GOOD remix albums. I absolutely love FDTS and FTA. Fixed has grown on me, but I have to be in the right mood for that one. Year Zero Remixed was alright (some great remixes, some not so great), but I thought the Hesitation Marks remixes were mostly mediocre (the ones on the deluxe edition were the best ones). With Teeth probably had enough remixes to have a remix album, but those remixes were spread all over the dozens of different versions of the singles and they were mostly for those 3 songs. If they had thrown in Not So Pretty Now and Non-Entity, they probably would have had enough material to put out a remix album (after all, TFA had two new songs that weren't on The Fragile). The Hand That Feeds would have been the new Starfuckers (version) though!
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 12-07-2021 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Updated my feelings on Fixed after revisiting it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    Right now I would be satisfied with the rest of the Walled Off Hotel performance. Seriously, why is there no info about that. The one track was amazing and we were just left hanging. Please release this in any format.
    I must have missed hearing any of the Walled Off Hotel thing. Does anyone have it in a shareable format?