Page 454 of 527 FirstFirst ... 354 404 444 452 453 454 455 456 464 504 ... LastLast
Results 13,591 to 13,620 of 15809

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Well, since Atticus is an official member of NIN, I might as well crowbar this forgotten pearl into the random nin thoughts thread.

Mostly cause I love the visuals, Chris Cunningham and a young Atticus + lovely wife Claudia Sarne with their former band 12 Rounds and the song Personally. This track brings me back to the 90's big time when I lived in Costa Mesa, Orange County, and loved/hated it.

Anyway, Trent liked it too and signed them to Nothing Records. The rest is history:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x137u

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobochic View Post
    Well, since Atticus is an official member of NIN, I might as well crowbar this forgotten pearl into the random nin thoughts thread.

Mostly cause I love the visuals, Chris Cunningham and a young Atticus + lovely wife Claudia Sarne with their former band 12 Rounds and the song Personally. This track brings me back to the 90's big time when I lived in Costa Mesa, Orange County, and loved/hated it.

Anyway, Trent liked it too and signed them to Nothing Records. The rest is history:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x137u
    It is a cool track and a great video. Always wondered why this song didn't make it on the Jitter Juice LP... or, for that matter, on The Work of Chris Cunningham DVD.
    Last edited by botley; 01-09-2019 at 12:45 PM.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Kinda surprised TR hasn’t chimed in yet on the 128kbps Bird Box mp3 files, and clarified if the correct title is And It Keeps Coming or And It Keeps On Coming. @teitan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    The stuff on the hype sticker isn't Morse code. The lines are remnants of the hype sticker text that refers to vinyl. Off the top of my head, the first line reads "The preferred edition of NOT THE ACTUAL EVENTS" or something like that, and there are references to 180 g vinyl. They've passive aggressively removed the text in a sloppy manner to diss the CD edition.

It's a fun little stunt, but nothing deeper than that.
    Thanks so much for the clarification! It was driving me nuts!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolick Shiawase View Post
    Cheers! There are clearly a lot of clues in the packaging of these three releases (especially NTAE), but it’d be a shame to waste time on a false lead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolick Shiawase View Post
    I had both up on my wall so I took a picture if you wanted to see. I'm late to what appears to be a finished conversation but Fred pretty much summed it up.

http://imgur.com/gallery/M8e33FV

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andallthatcouldhavebeen View Post
    I had both up on my wall so I took a picture if you wanted to see. I'm late to what appears to be a finished conversation but Fred pretty much summed it up.

http://imgur.com/gallery/M8e33FV
    Even so, thank you so much for the side by side comparison! I appreciate your photo!

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I've always loved hearing the ending of Ringfinger at the start of Closure alongside the scream from The Downward Spiral (The Bottom) and Mr Self Destruct's "I am the voice inside your head.". I love how it basically pumps you up for the rest of the video, albeit being the entire point, but it just never gets old to me. I also mean that for the rest of the songs from that era being mashed up near each other in the intro as well.

It's as if it was saying that the Pretty Hate Machine era is now closed and has exited the building. Enter The Downward Spiral. The new challenger has arrived. (With A Warm Place also nicely wrapping up the "closure" vibe of Closure later on.)

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    Enter The Downward Spiral. The new challenger has arrived.
    I'm looking forward to the Pig March Final Smash.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I want a studio version of the Subterraneans cover they played on this past tour. I thought the 1995 version was great but the new one is even better.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    i cant give everything away into subterraneans (with GBDTD lyrics) studio version would be amazing.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Agree!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    God damn, I love this song. It's been way too long since I last gave it a listen.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    God, Ahead of Ourselves is exceptionally great.

Probably my favourite NIN song since the Year Zero days.

Sent from my H8416 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    God damn, I love this song. It's been way too long since I last gave it a listen.

I miss this so much! <3

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    I miss this so much! <3
    Just makes me want a new live DVD release that much more! D:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Man I just can't get over how much I dig Ahead of Ourselves. We haven't had that cathartic, PISSED the fuck off NIN rager in a while. Even better how none of it is manufactured/fake anger, you look at the lyrics you can see how disgusted TR/AR are with things, and I feel like a lot of us here vibe with that.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Was just thinking why there isn't a dedicated fan/board youtube channel, with so many talented board members it would be nice to watch video's like a weekly/monthly news roundup etc.. so many possibilities.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaps View Post
    Was just thinking why there isn't a dedicated fan/board youtube channel, with so many talented board members it would be nice to watch video's like a weekly/monthly news roundup etc.. so many possibilities.
    Not quite the same, but the other night on a NIN Facebook group there was a little “watch party,” where people could enter suggestions for NIN videos, covers, stuff from related bands, etc. and everyone could just chat and comment while they played. It was actually kinda fun! The biggest drawback was that it seemed like we were limited to videos hosted on Facebook or something, no YouTube, so if you knew of something that you wanted to share but it was only on YouTube, you were outta luck.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Love Somewhat Damaged.

Probably listened to it in all occasions.

Love(d) The Walking Dead.

Probably seen most episodes. (I know I have).

Still, the opening scene when one character plays Somewhat Damaged (from a "Running Mix" CD) as her family members sit and stare, just doesn't seem right. It feels like they didn't decide on what music to play when they filmed it, until someone cracked the idea in post production.

Funny, but misplaced to the point of random as shit.

Had it been up to me, the scene would've started with the character pressing play on "The Frail" - followed by "The Wretched"

Mix it down to a proper length (while Carol prepares her tuna casserole), but end it with the real ending, right before the opening credits start:

"You can try to stop it but it keeps on coming – You can try to stop it but"
    Last edited by hobochic; 01-30-2019 at 04:47 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Forgive me if this has been said before, but...
    I was listening to my music, when I happened upon an oh so familiar melody recurring throughout The Downward Spiral in another song by someone else.

The main guitar melody in Run Like Hell by Pink Floyd is very similar to the Downward Spiral motif. I know Pink Floyd was a big influence on Reznor, and maybe it was more of a stylistic inspiration.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    I think Trent would be ideal as the presenter of the Cure at the Hall of Fame this year. Obviously he's a fan & I'm sure he would give a great speech.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    I think Trent would be ideal as the presenter of the Cure at the Hall of Fame this year. Obviously he's a fan & I'm sure he would give a great speech.
    I’ll set the over/under on fan chant disruptions protesting NIN’s omission at 3 1/2.

”LET TRENT IN! LET TRENT IN!”

While I would tune in if it happened, I wonder if the RRHoF has ever had an obvious snub give an induction speech.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buzburbank View Post
    I’ll set the over/under on fan chant disruptions protesting NIN’s omission at 3 1/2.

”LET TRENT IN! LET TRENT IN!”

While I would tune in if it happened, I wonder if the RRHoF has ever had an obvious snub give an induction speech.
    Plenty of people have given speeches that weren't in the hall yet. Even though I doubt Trent reallly cares, it would help the cause of NIN being inducted. NIN needs to be there!!!! Actually, situation is similar to the Cure until this year. & the Cure have been around 40 years. I was looking at it as a fan inducting an influence. & I'm sure Trent would do a fine job.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Plenty of people have given speeches that weren't in the hall yet. Even though I doubt Trent reallly cares, it would help the cause of NIN being inducted. NIN needs to be there!!!! Actually, situation is similar to the Cure until this year. & the Cure have been around 40 years. I was looking at it as a fan inducting an influence. & I'm sure Trent would do a fine job.
    I agree I always enjoy reading or listening to his stories about influences, like the Depeche Mode Facebook post and his general commentary on David Bowie and Gary Numan. I honestly don’t think NIN have been that snubbed compared to even The Cure who are only just getting in. The main annoyance I had when NIN didn’t get in was more that Green Day did on their first go and I HATE pop punk!

i love that Thom Yorke isn’t even going because he has a prior engagement err 9 days after the induction, ha ha.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    This is so boring. I miss the tour.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    You think it’s boring here, you should see the Facebook group where every week someone comes in to say they heard Trent Reznor is quitting Nine Inch Nails. Clearly having paid zero attention to anything that was said over the course of the last tour in regards to what’s down the line for Nine Inch Nails...

It’s certainly unfair to assume everyone pays attention to that sort of thing as much as, say, some of us here do, but if you do any sort of simple digging into interviews from the past 6 months, you can find answers pretty easily.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 02-05-2019 at 02:42 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    You think it’s boring here, you should see the Facebook group.
    No, don't

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    Board? Do what I do, and listen to Nothing Left To Lose (Live 2017-2018 audio compilation).

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patj825 View Post
    Board? Do what I do, and listen to Nothing Left To Lose (Live 2017-2018 audio compilation).
    This is good advice.