Page 453 of 528 FirstFirst ... 353 403 443 451 452 453 454 455 463 503 ... LastLast
Results 13,561 to 13,590 of 15827

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobochic View Post
    So I've missed a lot of activity from the nin-community the past years, and that's fine.

But what the hell is this "Doot" meme and why has it been popping up everywhere for the past weeks?

No long explenations required, just a link to whatever....��
    https://i.imgur.com/ayugemq.jpg

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Dad's been glued to the tube all evening; the hotel we're staying in has PBS America and The Vietnam War is on at the moment. Don't ask me which episode.

He's aware of TR, of course, but has no idea that those groovy piano motifs are him and Atticus. Hard to keep my smile to myself. Comfy new year's eve.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Happy New Year everyone! Here's to hoping for a great 2019 with lots more of NIN in our lives.
    So for a Christmas present to my parents, my sister went to a site called shutterfly and made a 2019 calendar with photos of my niece on every month. She gave me a discount code and I decided to make myself a calendar rather than buy one with jet fighters, bikinis or cats I used photos of the 2017/18 touring cycle that I found online and i even included the album covers for Down In It, PHM and The Fragile on their respective release dates to celebrate the 30th and 20th anniversaries. I think it turned out pretty well.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Happy new year and may it be full of new NIN projects

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobochic View Post
    So I've missed a lot of activity from the nin-community the past years, and that's fine.

But what the hell is this "Doot" meme and why has it been popping up everywhere for the past weeks?

No long explenations required, just a link to whatever....��
    https://i.imgur.com/xLmzrVM.jpg

People kept posting it in various NIN FB groups as if it were new and it snowballed into all of the new memes today.
    Last edited by JessicaSarahS; 12-31-2018 at 11:45 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Is there anyone out there that can help me acquire the "Everything (Instrumental)" track?
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 01-01-2019 at 05:31 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Is there anyone out there that can help me acquire the "Everything (Instrumental)" track?
    I don't believe anyone was ever able to find a copy, just knowledge that it supposedly existed on that one demo disc, along with I believe a really short clip. I mean, if I'm wrong and anyone does have the full thing, please PM me.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...596#post300596

Mediafire link still works. Should be the original wav file.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...596#post300596

Mediafire link still works. Should be the original wav file.
    Thanks! Cheers!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by “nin.com”
    LOTS COMING IN 2019,
    TRENT
    And that’s all it took for me to get super hype again for more NIN/TR/AR in 2019.

Edit: Also, lol @ "the presence??" being namedropped like 15 minutes into Bird Box. Digging it so far! Going in almost completely clean about what's going on.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 01-02-2019 at 07:58 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The Perfect Drug is one of those songs that we have the multitracks, so this thing had to be done.

Last edited by mauro995; 01-02-2019 at 12:22 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro995 View Post
    The Perfect Drug is one of those songs that we have the multitracks, so this thing had to be done.

Thank you ! Got a wav file ? It's great.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    It occurred to me today that the last few bars of The Frail are REALLY similar to Bowie's Subterraneans.
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-02-2019 at 12:58 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    Thank you ! Got a wav file ? It's great.
    Yes! https://drive.google.com/open?id=1va...MyxaTna1smqACj

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    And that’s all it took for me to get super hype again for more NIN/TR/AR in 2019.
    Lets just hope its not like 2016 again and we have to wait till the end of the year,lol.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    It occurred to me today that the last few bars of The Frail are REALLY similar to Bowie's Subterraneans.
    2018 tour Spoiler: that's why it was mashed up with it (along with the lyrics from GBDTD and over & out) when they played it live!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    2018 tour Spoiler: that's why it was mashed up with it (along with the lyrics from GBDTD and over & out) when they played it live!
    I figured that's what they were aiming to do after watching the live video of the latter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got Not The Actual Events on CD and I've been agonizing over what's different from the Physical Component, and the LP's liner notes or whatever. And on the hype sticker, there's this:

I have no idea if it's normal morse code, just put up as a decoration, or what. Also on the booklet, there's lines of lyrics not documented in ninwiki, like
    "Im rotting she feels
    Black hoods. Fumes slut
    I despise all over me" in Branches/Bones

Also there's an abundance of hidden lyrics, a clear layer of varnish was printed all over the booklet.

I don't know if I should dig deeper, as there seems to be a general disdain towards the idea of ARGs... Still, my curiosity is pulling me in directions I don't know if I should go to.

At least, I'd like to complete a bit of the NIN catalog documentation.

EDIT: When scanned and moved around, the booklet forms this, too:

And my best guesses at "decoding" the morse code were:
    EUEFEXTTTEEEDTE
    VEFEXT7DN

[NOT THE ACTUAL EVENTS.]

ISA 8 E 2MDI=MYTOBHEHEN
    ISATZE TMTIIBOKMOBIETSEN
    Last edited by Frolick Shiawase; 01-05-2019 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Adding (MORE) content without doubleposting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    whatever happened to whatever was being flimed? there was speculation in one of these threads about one of the Bad Witch tracks getting the music video treatment last i read.
    anyone know about this or did it get shelved like a million other NIN/non NIN things have? i've been meaning to ask this for about two weeks now but kept forgetting each time.

i hope whatever it is, sees the light of day...or something like that.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolick Shiawase View Post

EUEFEXTTTEEEDTE
    VEFEXT7DN

[NOT THE ACTUAL EVENTS.]

ISA 8 E 2MDI=MYTOBHEHEN
    ISATZE TMTIIBOKMOBIETSEN
    Sure this goes nowhere but it would be funny if it related even more to the schizophreniadiaries blog and how it was markov-chained to the way it is written in the hidden lyrics. Some kind of key to the "translation".

I'm considering framing my NTAE booklet though.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    it's not morse code, it's the wording about the vinyl crossed out because it's a CD and not a record. otherwise the sticker is identical.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperpower View Post
    whatever happened to whatever was being flimed? there was speculation in one of these threads about one of the Bad Witch tracks getting the music video treatment last i read.
    anyone know about this or did it get shelved like a million other NIN/non NIN things have? i've been meaning to ask this for about two weeks now but kept forgetting each time.

i hope whatever it is, sees the light of day...or something like that.
    I think whatever they filmed may have been scrapped in favour of the "Ahead of Ourselves" live clip. But we really have no idea.
    Last edited by botley; 01-06-2019 at 10:11 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    it's not morse code, it's the wording about the vinyl crossed out because it's a CD and not a record. otherwise the sticker is identical.
    Ohhhhh, Thanks! That's good to know! I'd never realize that on my own.

I'm considering framing my NTAE booklet though.
    Me too. I just need one other CD to complete the "poster", I'd frame it!

Also I found out something else. I shined an UV light on the CD, and the "Blood" it has printed on it, actually glows green. That's some great attention to detail!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I got Not The Actual Events on CD and I've been agonizing over what's different from the Physical Component, and the LP's liner notes or whatever. And on the hype sticker, there's this:

I have no idea if it's normal morse code, just put up as a decoration, or what. Also on the booklet, there's lines of lyrics not documented in ninwiki, like
    "Im rotting she feels
    Black hoods. Fumes slut

Also there's an abundance of hidden lyrics, a clear layer of varnish was printed all over the booklet.

I don't know if I should dig deeper, as there seems to be a general disdain towards the idea of ARGs... Still, my curiosity is pulling me in directions I don't know if I should go to.

EUEFEXTTTEEEDTE
    VEFEXT7DN

[NOT THE ACTUAL EVENTS.]

ISA 8 E 2MDI=MYTOBHEHEN
    ISATZE TMTIIBOKMOBIETSEN
    The reason the "hidden lyrics" aren't on the wiki is because they're not lyrics, they're words taken from a wordpress blog written by someone with schizophrenia. There's a section about this on the ninwiki page for the album as a whole.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    The reason the "hidden lyrics" aren't on the wiki is because they're not lyrics, they're words taken from a wordpress blog written by someone with schizophrenia. There's a section about this on the ninwiki page for the album as a whole.
    They are on the physical component and booklet and you need the right angle and light to see them : hidden

Lyrics on the album are taken from it : hidden lyrics

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    They are on the physical component and booklet and you need the right angle and light to see them : hidden

Lyrics on the album are taken from it : hidden lyrics
    I mean that they're not lyrics as they're unrelated to the songs and weren't written for music. They're just part of the artwork. It'd be more accurate to call them hidden words.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Undercurrents from the Bird Box soundtrack is amazing.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    I mean that they're not lyrics as they're unrelated to the songs and weren't written for music. They're just part of the artwork. It'd be more accurate to call them hidden words.
    Many of the extra lyrics in Branches/Bones are from here: https://schizophreniasdiary.wordpress.com/

Whether this is or isn't related to NIN directly is unclear. We're presuming it is.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I've done this with other musicians' discographies, but this is what I came up when imagining what it must've been like for those that have grown up with Nine Inch Nails from the very start.

I've also done this when any series/franchise and just imagined them being juxtaposed to various ages and phases of life. Even more interesting is when I actually hear and see cases of fans that have actually lived it and/or still are living it.

-Oh, and I know that college/marriage/children isn't for everybody. I just made an example for those might've gone through with those choices/lifestyles.-

Pretty Hate Machine - Broken (Middle School - High School)

Broken - The Downward Spiral (High School - College)

The Fragile - With Teeth (College - Career)

Year Zero - Hesitation Marks (Career - Marriage and/or Children) *Career would/should be a given at this point and beyond anyway.*

Hesitation Marks - Bad Witch (Taking your kids to their very first NIN show with you.) *Which I have actually seen in real life last year.*

But yes, I sometimes enjoy seeing and hearing of the changes other people go through while actively following any interests so loyally with some level of devotion and adoration. It's like how gamers grow up with their franchises, and should they have kids, also pass it down to them as well.

This also includes my fascination of how the meanings/feelings/thoughts of certain albums and songs change/grow with us as we go through life.

And well, I just picked NIN as an example, simply because ETS. *And the fact that I've done it before anyway.*
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 01-08-2019 at 11:52 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

"Im rotting she feels
    Black hoods. Fumes slut

EUEFEXTTTEEEDTE
    VEFEXT7DN

[NOT THE ACTUAL EVENTS.]

ISA 8 E 2MDI=MYTOBHEHEN
    ISATZE TMTIIBOKMOBIETSEN
    The stuff on the hype sticker isn't Morse code. The lines are remnants of the hype sticker text that refers to vinyl. Off the top of my head, the first line reads "The preferred edition of NOT THE ACTUAL EVENTS" or something like that, and there are references to 180 g vinyl. They've passive aggressively removed the text in a sloppy manner to diss the CD edition.

It's a fun little stunt, but nothing deeper than that.