Page 502 of 528 FirstFirst ... 2 402 452 492 500 501 502 503 504 512 ... LastLast
Results 15,031 to 15,060 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'm here to share a vision I had.

In August there will be either an announcement or release of the new album.

That's all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    question about Apple Music: do I have to let it change all the tags on my music?
    what do you mean by tags? do you mean changing it to lossless etc? if so you can change that in the music settings under dolby atmos and audio quality

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Does anyone know if the CD that comes with the vinyl of Hesitation Marks is the audiophile version, or just the regular version?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Stuff like Artist info, album art, track 1/12. Last time I did the 3 month demo it changed the tags for random songs in albums so track 12 would have a different artwork than the rest of them. That kind of thing.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Stuff like Artist info, album art, track 1/12. Last time I did the 3 month demo it changed the tags for random songs in albums so track 12 would have a different artwork than the rest of them. That kind of thing.
    In the iTunes preferences, Store tab, disable the "Share details about your library with Apple" and "Automatically download album artwork" checkboxes.

I don't know what your setup is, so you might have to do it on multiple devices.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    can't give reddit gold here, can I. Oh man that's great. The computer was running overtime during that demo trying to 'update' everything and I'm still finding albums that I need to fix. (398GB of music will do that...)

I only have the one computer so that's an easy fix. Thank you so much.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laststepdown View Post
    Does anyone know if the CD that comes with the vinyl of Hesitation Marks is the audiophile version, or just the regular version?
    The audiophile version was only released in digital format, if I'm not mistaken...which reminds me, I need to add that to nincatalog.

All done: nincatalog.com - hesitation marks (US FLAC)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by spahn; 06-13-2021 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Added entry to nincatalog

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laststepdown View Post
    The CD that comes with the vinyl is your standard CD mix, but it's worth noting that the disc itself is "Disc One" from the Hesitation Marks Deluxe Edition. CD TOC is identical between the standard, 1-disc release and disc 1 of the 2-disc Deluxe Edition.

I hope that made sense.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Courtney Love has just posted on Instagram saying when Hole toured with NIN, she saw Trent allegedly abuse 12 year old girls?

But she hasn't mentioned anything that I've seen about her mate Manson and all the stories that have come out about him recently. Urgh.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ophelia_ View Post
    Courtney Love has just posted on Instagram saying when Hole toured with NIN, she saw Trent allegedly abuse 12 year old girls?

But she hasn't mentioned anything that I've seen about her mate Manson and all the stories that have come out about him recently. Urgh.
    shes on Mansons payroll - earlier this year she posted on MMs page about how he helped her out of an abusive relationship which was CLEARLY trying to make him seem like an angel because of the shit that was going to come out! Someone should ask her why she would date Trent if he was so evil? To the point where she had the Private Eye who accused her of killing Kurt follow him an spy on him? See 3 mins into this video

Last edited by WorzelG; 06-13-2021 at 01:24 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ophelia_ View Post

It's good to remember that she mentioned something like Manson and Korn doing this around the time of the Family Values Tour but suddenly she became BFF with Manson on the last decade.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    She deleted the post and stories.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    She deleted the post and stories.
    Interesting... Wonder if lawyers got involved?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Courtney Love said it? Well then it MUST be true!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    LOLOL okay Courtney. I don't think anyone is actually going to believe that shit. Like... girl, your Daughter doesn't even trust you.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Now it’s turning out that various Trent accusations have all been 90s beef related, the conspiracy theorist in me wonders if that Maynard James Keenan accusation (and there was a related TR one that was deleted pretty soon) was a MM attempt to take the heat off him since they happened literally 2 months after Evan Rachel Wood first testified for the Phoenix Act and people were speculating about MM. Evan did say he had spyware and networks and bot accounts running damage control (or something of that ilk)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I can't stand people like that. Move on. 20+ years have passed since the entire NIN and Manson problem. Move on. Deal with it. Get over it. insert any other random saying which fits the bill.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    It's no secret that this said tour was a 24/7 party with a lot of drugs involved and was basically the highway to hitting rock bottom.
    She probably envies Trent for turning his life around while she's still stuck right there in her misery.

I just wish it wasn't so easy to make such harsh allegations. It's a slap in the face for every real crime and the victims out there that will never get heard.
    The anorexic, attention seeking, pill popping bitch has done nothing in the past years but accuse people of whatever. Fuck, she took heroin while being pregnant..

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shade View Post
    It's no secret that this said tour was a 24/7 party with a lot of drugs involved and was basically the highway to hitting rock bottom.
    She probably envies Trent for turning his life around while she's still stuck right there in her misery.

I just wish it wasn't so easy to make such harsh allegations. It's a slap in the face for every real crime and the victims out there that will never get heard.
    The anorexic, attention seeking, pill popping bitch has done nothing in the past years but accuse people of whatever. Fuck, she took heroin while being pregnant..
    Except Manson, he’s the epitome of virtue. Sad thing is she does seem to have an army of sycophants and people have been really brainwashed into accepting every accusation as fact lately. If you search Justin Bieber and assault there will be people vehemently accusing him (on Twitter) of assaulting women when to my eyes the testimonies came across as ludicrous fan fiction. Personally I couldn’t care less if he was cancelled but it still just doesn’t seem right to me. When I was growing up (I’m 47) there was a rash of people in Britain who’d been imprisoned wrongfully - I’ve been brought up with the idea of innocent till proven guilty and it’s not something I can just abandon
    Last edited by WorzelG; 06-13-2021 at 04:20 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Except Manson, he’s the epitome of virtue. Sad thing is she does seem to have an army of sycophants and people have been really brainwashed into accepting every accusation as fact lately. If you search Justin Bieber and assault there will be people vehemently accusing him (on Twitter) of assaulting women when to my eyes the testimonies came across as ludicrous fan fiction. Personally I couldn’t care less if he was cancelled but it still just doesn’t seem right to me. When I was growing up (I’m 47) there was a rash of people in Britain who’d been imprisoned wrongfully - I’ve been brought up with the idea of innocent till proven guilty and it’s not something I can just abandon
    This is what I'm talking about. It's not the "boo hoo he stole my lolly" accusations these days. We're talking sexual assault and child abuse. Such allegations stick like shit.
    Anyone can go on Instagram these days and just claim they've been raped by [insert random name].
    I'm female and have been in more than one situation where I do not know how it would have ended if I let my guard down and yet, it makes me furious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I loved when nin.com used to have hidden things like song snippets or teasers, The website in the With Teeth era and Year Zero era was so engaging. I miss those days. We were really lucky to have Trent make himself so available to his fans and accessible. I know he's moved on from those days and I'm not saying I wish he'd go back to that because it was clearly toxic, but man those were the days. Also miss the meathead perspective. Wow, am I old now?
    Last edited by Indefinite_Cure; 06-21-2021 at 07:42 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I don't know why i did not see this before... but i'm loving the heck out of it.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indefinite_Cure View Post
    I loved when nin.com used to have hidden things like song snippets or teasers, The website in the With Teeth era and Year Zero era was so engaging. I miss those days. We were really lucky to have Trent make itself so available to his fans and accessible. I know he's moved on from those days and I'm not saying I wish he'd go back to that because it was clearly toxic, but man those were the days. Also miss the meathead perspective. Wow, am I old now?
    @kraw should totally make that a thing again. Suggest it to TR.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I was just thinking I would absolutely love to see what the Magazine Street funeral home looked like inside before Nothing Studios existed there. Very curious for some reason. If anybody by chance has any photos (not sure why you would, but...), post 'em!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by artdeco View Post
    I was just thinking I would absolutely love to see what the Magazine Street funeral home looked like inside before Nothing Studios existed there. Very curious for some reason. If anybody by chance has any photos (not sure why you would, but...), post 'em!
    That would be quite interesting actually. Given the time period, probably only scanned polaroids exist somewhere.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    That would be quite interesting actually. Given the time period, probably only scanned polaroids exist somewhere.
    I was thinking a realtor probably has decent before pictures... maybe even in a local real estate magazine.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I wonder if Trent and Atticus remixed a track for Danny Elfman's Big Mess deluxe edition. Tracklist for the remixes still hasn't been released.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Was mowing the lawn and the starfuckers version from tdtwwa single came on shuffle. The end has a sample of complication right after the kiss sample. Never even heard it in the mix before. Can't find anything else about it. This is cool to me because we hadn't actually had heard complication released yet.
    Last edited by laststepdown; 06-24-2021 at 05:49 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    [IMG][/IMG]

I'm currently wondering about the meaning behind this: "Conclusion. Shadows on the cave wall."

Does this allude to the following: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegory_of_the_cave
    Or does it refer to something along the lines of this: https://www.imdb.com/video/vi208056601?playlistId=tt2601260&ref_=tt_pr_ov_vi

I'm not from this world.
    Last edited by Detunez; 06-25-2021 at 01:34 AM. Reason: I hope i finally fixed it

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Detunez View Post

I'm currently wondering about the meaning behind this: "Conclusion. Shadows on the cave wall."

Does this allude to the following: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegory_of_the_cave
    Or does it refer to something along the lines of this: https://www.imdb.com/video/vi208056601?playlistId=tt2601260&ref_=tt_pr_ov_vi

I'm not from this world.
    Plato's allegory, I think. Here's an excerpt from Trent's 2018 interview with Lizzy Goodman:

With the second one, Add Violence, the idea was, loosely, to zoom out, to be more global and to imply that maybe we're all in a simulated reality. And that might introduce the concept of meaninglessness but also provide a safe container to explain why everything feels off.

By the time we got to the third one, we had an idea in mind but it felt... rehearsed. Predictable. In the end, what felt true was to say that we as a society and as a species are probably an accident, a mutation. Really what we are is fucking animals. And the illusion was enlightenment. The more we've connected with each other the dumber we've gotten and the more we decide we want to kill each other. We're not some elevated transcendent beings, we're bacteria in a jar. I wanted the art direction of Bad Witch to feel like shadows on a cave wall and we're trying to figure out what it is and really there's no nice, clean, safe scientific explanation. We're just an accident. String theory and quantum physics is a fucking trick. And we're not going to suddenly elevate ourselves into transcendent beings. We're kidding ourselves. I know this will be an unsatisfying conclusion for some people. It isn't what they want. They want it to be full Matrix virtual reality, and this is the opposite of that, this is dirt and a broken computer chip and everything you believe in is really just bullshit.
    So the idea being that the things we see illustrated on the cover: science, religion, history, self-improvement, technology... they're the delusions of enlightenment we cling to, when really we're just looking at Plato's shadows on a cave wall.