Page 471 of 471 FirstFirst ... 371 421 461 469 470 471
Results 14,101 to 14,110 of 14110

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Yeah, The Church did a concert like that and released an album/DVD of it called A Psychedelic Symphony. I think NIN could totally pull it off. It would be kind of like the Bridge School shows from 2006 and the 1999 MTV VMAs.

Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Perhaps it's because I actually haven't listened All Time Low for quite a while, but I've got to love it whenever I get caught off guard from that Final Fantasy sound.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    that Final Fantasy sound
    Arpeggiators are cool.

Music is fun.

Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    Same, NIN is so much more than a band to me. It's like asking which is my favourite child or something. This isn't just music.
    I just loved the way you put that. I really do.

I also came across the term "Deserted island band.", and now found an extra reason to also use that term to describe my adoration, gratitude and appreciation for Nine Inch Nails.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hope one day Trent ends a show with The Background World. Curtains could close when the self-destructing loop kicks in and they could bring back the projections or have some freaky lightshow.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tap3worm View Post
    I hope one day Trent ends a show with The Background World. Curtains could close when the self-destructing loop kicks in and they could bring back the projections or have some freaky lightshow.
    actually I've been dreaming about that since the day it was released. this would be absolutely the best.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Imagine staying there, frozen, for 10 minutes after they left. ga

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    That would be great. Instead of ending the show, though, they could come back out and perform stripped down versions of a NIN track or two for the end using simple lighting. Something like simple flood lights or hanging (miner) lights so it looks like there was a malfunction with the entire presentation. You could chop up the loop to make it even more glitchy and shorten the time. Since I'm already dreaming, they could come out and play a TR+AR score song or two instead.

Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    I don't think I'll ever get enough of The Downward Spiral and The Fragile as far as proper listens and binges go. They're often the very first two albums I listen to, and have been for the past 17 years. I don't even remember binging on Nine Inch Nails without at least sitting through The Downward Spiral and The Fragile first, even if it was for just several songs at a time. It's as if I'd have to go through those albums first during any proper listen and/or binge of Nine Inch Nails.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Just realised it's been 5 years since I last saw NIN live. Fuuuck. I think I'm going to have to hold my nose and book a festival if that's the next he announces.