Page 466 of 528 FirstFirst ... 366 416 456 464 465 466 467 468 476 516 ... LastLast
Results 13,951 to 13,980 of 15824

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    It was on nin.com only, right ? http://www.nin.com/bird-box-score-available-now/
    So I wasn’t going mad, just forgot the source. I hope it still stands though

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by diptych View Post
    The riff in "One Way to Get Here" (Fragile Deviations) is remarkably similar to the bassline in The Good Soldier. Probably been noticed before, but I've been away a while. Forgive me.
    They're both fairly simple melodies used in drastically different manners. I can hear it though.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Am I going mad? I had an idea TR had tweeted something like ‘Lots coming in 2019’? But I can’t find it now
    I'm hoping for The Fragile deluxe to actually happen. 21st of September, anyone?

We're over halfway through the year and so far nothing's happened. I'm convinced that we'll only get soundtrack stuff. The Bird Box thing that was mentioned previously and possibly Watchmen, which is supposed to debut in the 4th quarter of 2019.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    We're over halfway through the year and so far nothing's happened. I'm convinced that we'll only get soundtrack stuff. The Bird Box thing that was mentioned previously and possibly Watchmen, which is supposed to debut in the 4th quarter of 2019.
    There's The Woman In The Window as well, which has now been pushed back to next year.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    I'm hoping for The Fragile deluxe to actually happen. 21st of September, anyone?

have a little faith, lol. Did we learn nothing from Not The Actual Events? That dropped very late in a year that he promised a new release

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Am I going mad? I had an idea TR had tweeted something like ‘Lots coming in 2019’? But I can’t find it now
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    It was on nin.com only, right ? http://www.nin.com/bird-box-score-available-now/
    Wasn’t there a Beats 1 interview where TR said there were multiple NIN related projects coming in 2019 too? I can’t find the interview now though.

Rob Sheridan recently mentioned he’s helping with the DE of With Teeth, so I assume the next round of DEs are still coming... “soon.”

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Really getting my hopes up with that!

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Working a multicam edit of a show is exhausting... Especially when it's your fist video editing project ever.
    I hate this show as much as I love it at this point, but it's finally done.

Coming to Youtube and ninlive... soon.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Working a multicam edit of a show is exhausting... Especially when it's your fist video editing project ever.
    I hate this show as much as I love it at this point, but it's finally done.

Coming to Youtube and ninlive... soon.
    Nice ! Looking cool

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

The wave goodbye part and the immediate transition into heavy guitars give me some serious now i'm nothing vibes. Not sure if there are a tons of wave goodbye songs like this out there, or Trent was actually somewhat inspired by this one.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post

The wave goodbye part and the immediate transition into heavy guitars give me some serious now i'm nothing vibes. Not sure if there are a tons of wave goodbye songs like this out there, or Trent was actually somewhat inspired by this one.
    I would LOVE it if Trent was inspired by A-Ha - very much a teen fave of mine. I’d love it if there was footage of The Urge covering A-Ha
    Last edited by WorzelG; 07-16-2019 at 07:23 AM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I'm sure this will appear in other threads, but FYI NIN-collaborator Saul Williams has a new album about to drop this week: "Encrypted & Vulnerable".
    https://twitter.com/SaulWilliams
    https://linktr.ee/saulwilliams

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Anyone else crossing their fingers that the next live NIN show opens up with a
    mashup of Pinion with Old Town Road?

Absolutely fucking not.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    All I could think about upon seeing this, was "You and me both Trent Reznor. You and me both." While I never grew up with vinyl, I could still relate because I at least grew up with VHS, CS, CDs and DVDs. I know that it's 2019, but I was mistaken to think that physical media would be phased out this much at least in the early to mid 2020s. (Since even though file-sharing and streaming was all over the place, there still seemed to be stores that sold CDs and DVDs, just not as much for very obvious reasons as of now.) I realized that I was absolutely wrong when I discovered that there are even actual shopping malls that no longer have stores that sell any CDs and DVDs whatsoever.

And while I thought and have posted about this before, it still just occurred to me to share this here, since this also about Trent Reznor also sharing the same exact stance with me concerning the decline and overall elimination of physical media.

Last edited by Halo Infinity; 07-20-2019 at 02:37 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    All I could think about upon seeing this, was "You and me both Trent Reznor. You and me both." While I never grew up with vinyl, I could still relate because I at least grew up with VHS, CS, CDs and DVDs. I know that it's 2019, but I was mistaken to think that physical media would be phased out this much at least in the early to mid 2020s. (Since even though file-sharing and streaming was all over the place, there still seemed to be stores that sold CDs and DVDs, just not as much for very obvious reasons as of now.) I realized that I was absolutely wrong when I discovered that there are even actual shopping malls that no longer have stores that sell any CDs and DVDs whatsoever.

And while I thought and have posted about this before, it still just occurred to me to share this here, since this also about Trent Reznor also sharing the same exact stance with me concerning the decline and overall elimination of physical media.

To build on all of that.

Local record stores, local venues for concerts, meeting in the flesh other music lovers who all share the same passion, it's at the heart of a local music community.

But it has been completely replaced by the internet. Now people only live online, people are born online, are raised online, like I was.

Is it possible for the two cohabite, to thrive, to intersect with each other ?

I'd say there's a definitive line between the small niche that is composed of the people that go to local stores and venues, that go on rateyourmusic and smallish sites like that, and the great majority of people who still only consume and go with the flow, as they always did, and just don't really care about music. It's just a tool. Why not, that works.

And when the tool is accessed by other, easier, cheaper, online means, well of course physically everything is going to die.

We will be left only with a certain core of people who live and breath, make certain types of music, who care about the physical world, but i'll only stay a niche. Maybe for the better ?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Happy birthday to The Slip physical release.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snichols View Post
    Happy birthday to The Slip physical release.
    CD 114,159 checking in...

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    CD 148,194 right here.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    59,227 for me.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Do you know how much effort it would be to actually find my actual The Slip CD in my actual house in order to post the number?

Damn, I am pretty much the reason for the decline of physical media, personified.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I regularly check Youtube for any fresh NIN-related uploads (god knows why) and it's a bit scary that there are about 3 to 5 new solo/bedroom Hurt covers uploaded nearly every. single. fucking. day.
    How on Earth people think anyone would want to watch another 17 versions of it? Ugh.

I swear, one day I'll make a supercut of it where every word is sang by a different person. But no one would want to watch it either.
    Last edited by fillow; 08-06-2019 at 05:53 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    Is this entire interview available somewhere? I've been searching but can't find the whole thing

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I regularly check Youtube for any fresh NIN-related uploads (god knows why) and it's a bit scary that there are about 3 to 5 new solo/bedroom Hurt covers uploaded nearly every. single. fucking. day.
    How on Earth people think anyone would want to watch another 17 versions of it? Ugh.

I swear, one day I'll make a supercut of it where every word is sang by a different person. But no one would want to watch it either.
    Honestly, seeing all those freaks calling NIN "satanic" on the "newest uploads" on YouTube is far more of a terrifying experience.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Wish NIN.com was offering more shirts with long sleeves. I don't like people seeing my arms. :/

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    Wish NIN.com was offering more shirts with long sleeves. I don't like people seeing my arms. :/
    cover them in tattoos!

but seriously, the only reason i can stand looking at myself is because a good portion of my body is covered in tattoos. i'm like a walking art gallery.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

I would watch that.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

do it quick because if you actually pull it off it's going to be very cool

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    At this point it seems likely that our next update from the NIN camp will probably involve the Watchmen soundtrack or the (maybe happening?) Bird Box physical release. But as far as our next update on Nine Inch Nails itself...I know it's a longshot by now, but an announcement of a live album / Blu-Ray documenting the Cold & Black & Infinite tour would be just about as exciting to me as new NIN material. It has been over a decade since the awesome Beside You In Time, NIN's most recent official live release, and if ever a tour was meriting of "proper" documentation, it was C&B&I.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I'm still confused about what that photographer said about a music video being filmed in an abandoned hangar. I guess it was the live version of Ahead Of Ourselves, and it is very well made with a fusion of multiple performances and the cameraman just running for his life at the end, but I thought it was something else. And then Trent doubled down by saying music videos is a thing of the past or something like that.. (which is wrong, e.g. Gambino)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Been having a blast over the past few months luring my partner into being a NIN fan. She originally thought Hurt was a Cash song, fwiw. We've been devouring the discography in chronological order, and she's investigating details and interviews on her own. Warming this NIN fan's heart.