Page 461 of 470 FirstFirst ... 361 411 451 459 460 461 462 463 ... LastLast
Results 13,801 to 13,830 of 14077

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaro View Post
    Bad Witch is not an LP, it's an EP. lol I still can't get over Trent's logic on that one.
    "EPs show up with singles in Spotify and other streaming services = they get lost easier. EPs feel less important in today’s music-isn’t-as-important-as-it-once-was world. Why make it easier to ignore?"
    Not sure what's so crazy about that.

Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    It is a shorter listen than Broken, which is well known as an EP.
    Broken is technically classifed by the RIAA as a "short-form album" (*walks away slowly before another argument erupts*).
    Last edited by botley; 04-22-2019 at 10:08 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    It is a shorter listen than Broken, which is well known as an EP.
    It's also longer than Slayer's Reign in Blood. What's your point? Trent called it an album, so i don't see the point in beating the dead horse almost a year later.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Bad Witch is so much easier to find on Spotify compared to NTAE and AV that I couldn't give a crap about its length. Great idea making it an album Trent and thank you.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Not sure what's so crazy about that.

Not actually crazy to me…but why not have also called both AV or NTAE LPs as well? Maybe in hindsight he would have?

Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Broken is technically classifed by the RIAA as a "short-form album" (*walks away slowly before another argument erupts*).
    I also am now noting Spotify (not sure about Apple Music) lists Broken as an LP. Hmm. www.ninwiki.com doesn't concur. System collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    It's also longer than Slayer's Reign in Blood. What's your point? Trent called it an album, so i don't see the point in beating the dead horse almost a year later.
    I guess I wish I actually knew what the standard was for what makes an EP an EP. Maybe I never knew?

Last edited by Amaro; 04-22-2019 at 12:05 PM.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Maybe in hindsight he would have?
    That seems to be his reasoning. He saw what happened with the first two EPs and decided to switch it up for the final EP.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    That seems to be his reasoning. He saw what happened with the first two EPs and decided to switch it up for the final EP.
    Even better would have been to make it an EP and then release a compilation of the trilogy as a streaming only album. With that all of the material would be easy to find and the system wouldn't be broken.

Oh well, missed chances...
    Last edited by SchwarzerAbt; 04-22-2019 at 03:22 PM. Reason: It's better to write then than than!

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I should make a page for tracks only on certain formats.

For now, have a look http://www.nin.wiki/Category:Rare_NIN_Songs
    This is my list of songs that are only available on analog media (cassette or vinyl). If anyone knows differently, please let me know:

+Appendage
    Capital G (Ladytron Finite Climax Mix)
    Closer to God (5:25 version, fades to proper ending, promo vinyl)
    Happiness in Slavery (PK Slavery Remix)
    Happiness in Slavery (Sherwood Slave Remix)
    Head Like a Hole (Radio Edit) (3:43)
    Heresy (Blind) (5:38, fades to proper ending, promo vinyl)
    Hurt (Reverse)
    Reptile (Reverse)
    Sin (Radio Edit) (3:22)
    Something I Can Never Have (Remastered, Vinyl, no "Sanctified" guitar drone)
    Starfuckers, Inc. (Cassette, no "Complication" guitar during the ending)
    Suck (Live) (TVT Summer Sampler 1991)
    Survivalism_OpalHeartClinic_Niggy_Tardust!(Escaped ...
    The Downward Spiral (Reverse)
    The Good Soldier (Friend or Faux 001)
    The Perfect Drug (Aphrodite)
    The Perfect Drug (Aphrodite) (5:38, white label; Original speed at which the remix was made)
    Vessel (Mix 1)
    Vessel (Mix 2) (First half is the same as the Bill Laswell Mix)
    Wish (3:36)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    This is my list of songs that are only available on analog media (cassette or vinyl). If anyone knows differently, please let me know:

+Appendage
    Capital G (Ladytron Finite Climax Mix)
    Closer to God (5:25 version, fades to proper ending, promo vinyl)
    Happiness in Slavery (PK Slavery Remix)
    Happiness in Slavery (Sherwood Slave Remix)
    Head Like a Hole (Radio Edit) (3:43)
    Heresy (Blind) (5:38, fades to proper ending, promo vinyl)
    Hurt (Reverse)
    Reptile (Reverse)
    Sin (Radio Edit) (3:22)
    Something I Can Never Have (Remastered, Vinyl, no "Sanctified" guitar drone)
    Starfuckers, Inc. (Cassette, no "Complication" guitar during the ending)
    Suck (Live) (TVT Summer Sampler 1991)
    Survivalism_OpalHeartClinic_Niggy_Tardust!(Escaped ...
    The Downward Spiral (Reverse)
    The Good Soldier (Friend or Faux 001)
    The Perfect Drug (Aphrodite)
    The Perfect Drug (Aphrodite) (5:38, white label; Original speed at which the remix was made)
    Vessel (Mix 1)
    Vessel (Mix 2) (First half is the same as the Bill Laswell Mix)
    Wish (3:36)
    At quick glance, pretty sure HIS (PK Slavery Mix) and Survivalism (Tardusted) were both posted digitally by TR on remix.nin.com. Both versions of TPD (Aphrodite) are available digitally from the remixer.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    At quick glance, pretty sure HIS (PK Slavery Mix) and Survivalism (Tardusted) were both posted digitally by TR on remix.nin.com. Both versions of TPD (Aphrodite) are available digitally from the remixer.
    The posted HiS remixes were sourced from vinyl rips though, not the original files. Survivalism_Tardusted is not the same as Survivalism_OpalHeartClinic_Niggy_Tardust!(Escaped .... The latter was not posted, I believe (though I'll double-check). (Edit: It was not)

The slowed down Aphrodite remix (6:07) was only on the Nothing promo vinyl, AFAIK. If you know differently, please point it out to me. The original speed Aphrodite remix (5:38) was only on white label vinyl. The 2016 digital reissue was remastered (so I count that as different from the original release).

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Pretty sure one of Vessel mixes is available in digital as around the time of YZR release it was posted on... Bill's myspace? Not sure exactly where.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    The posted HiS remixes were sourced from vinyl rips though, not the original files. Survivalism_Tardusted is not the same as Survivalism_OpalHeartClinic_Niggy_Tardust!(Escaped .... The latter was not posted, I believe (though I'll double-check). (Edit: It was not)

The slowed down Aphrodite remix (6:07) was only on the Nothing promo vinyl, AFAIK. If you know differently, please point it out to me. The original speed Aphrodite remix (5:38) was only on white label vinyl. The 2016 digital reissue was remastered (so I count that as different from the original release).
    Oh, fair enough. For some reason I always thought the (Tardusted) one was the same, just with a shortened title to make it easier on folks for tagging. I’m 30 now so my brain must be in the disintegrating stage.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    This is my list of songs that are only available on analog media
    Maybe when people stop banging on about vinyl being the only real format to bother with somebody will put all these out somewhere in a nice digital bundle. *nudge nudge, wink wink*
    Am I correct in thinking that we could add the Dave Sitek remix of Survivalism from the Capital G single? Or was it on remix.nin.com in low quality?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Pretty sure one of Vessel mixes is available in digital as around the time of YZR release it was posted on... Bill's myspace
    I'd be interested in more info about that. Here are the Bill Laswell remixes:

CD: Vessel (Bill Laswell Mix) - 6:11
    Vinyl only: Vessel (Mix 1) - 9:36
    Vinyl only: Vessel (Mix 2) - 13:12 (first 6:11 is same as "Bill Laswell Mix")

Edit: I found this. Is that the one? The song file itself was lost in the great MySpace music apocalypse, but it looks like it would the the "Bill Laswell Mix"

Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    Am I correct in thinking that we could add the Dave Sitek remix of Survivalism from the Capital G single?
    It was a bonus track on the iTunes UK album of Year Zero.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I'd be interested in more info about that. Here are the Bill Laswell remixes:

CD: Vessel (Bill Laswell Mix) - 6:11
    Vinyl only: Vessel (Mix 1) - 9:36
    Vinyl only: Vessel (Mix 2) - 13:12 (first 6:11 is same as "Bill Laswell Mix")

Edit: I found this. Is that the one? The song file itself was lost in the great MySpace music apocalypse, but it looks like it would the the "Bill Laswell Mix"
    I just looked at whatever I have in my YZR folder and I suspect it's 9:36 remix because the file I have sounds remarkably better (or, should I say, louder) than 13:12 one (which is obviously LP sourced). I can PM it to you and you check if it's digital or not.

By the way, did you know we're living a Groundhog's Day? https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...1056#post61056
    Last edited by fillow; 04-26-2019 at 07:25 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Oh, fair enough. For some reason I always thought the (Tardusted) one was the same
    I like "Survivalism_opalheartclinic_niggy_tardust(escaped ..." a lot more because it feels like part of the ARG.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I just looked at whatever I have in my YZR folder and I suspect it's 9:36 remix because the file I have sounds remarkably better (or, should I say, louder) than 13:12 one (which is obviously LP sourced). I can PM it to you and you check if it's digital or not.
    Please send it on over. If it's a direct rip from MySpace, then it would be 96 Kbps MP3 (or 96 Kbps AAC if it was ripped in 2012 or later). If it was re-encoded rather than directly ripped, then it could be anything.

By the way, did you know we're living a Groundhog's Day? https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...1056#post61056
    With a post by me right above yours. Time truly is a flat circle.

Though I don't think we've had this specific analog-only discussion.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I am still very grateful that I can look back at The Meathead Perspective's Voice of the Voiceless and know that seeing The Perfect Drug in the flesh has been a reality so far. I had it in my mind the entire time I saw it last year, along with actual music video itself. (A lot of it also has to do with the fact that I also discovered The Meathead Perspective at the start of becoming a fan too.)

http://www.theninhotline.net/meatper...cartoon039.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really wish 33 Ghosts had been played live, such a great song

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    What is TR working on today/now? What's next.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    i would imagine working their arses off on the Watchmen score but I hope there’s still a bit of time left over for some NIN though, haven’t they said working on different things helps the creative process?

Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    His pectorals, tomorrow is leg day

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    i would imagine working their arses off on the Watchmen score but I hope there’s still a bit of time left over for some NIN though, haven’t they said working on different things helps the creative process?
    reminder that this exists : https://www.instagram.com/p/BsUPAZIFZ1M/

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    It's more than likely not happening, but I was hoping for more "Cold Black and Infinite" style shows for 2019 ... but I'm sure they've got a busy schedule that won't involve yet another full blown tour.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    His pectorals, tomorrow is leg day

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    It's more than likely not happening, but I was hoping for more "Cold Black and Infinite" style shows for 2019 ... but I'm sure they've got a busy schedule that won't involve yet another full blown tour.
    I think there were plans at one point, maybe Atticus put his foot down, ha ha? But yes, bring TPD and AATCHB to Europe please

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I hope that once Watchmen is done they finally get around to approving the second wave of vinyl reissues.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    reminder that this exists : https://www.instagram.com/p/BsUPAZIFZ1M/
    WOAH. I had not seen that yet. That tiny snippet of music is intense, and I love it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    With Teeth is 14 years old today. Fuck.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrickooo View Post
    I really wish 33 Ghosts had been played live, such a great song
    I'd like to imagine that it would segue perfectly into Over And Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Volk View Post
    With Teeth is 14 years old today. Fuck.
    I can still remember listening to With Teeth on Myspace before it's official release as if it happened yesterday. Upon first listen, it got me very psyched when I listened to All The Love In The World, especially as somebody that kept listening to Into The Void from The Fragile on repeat.

This will never change as well, but I will forever also remember my introduction to With Teeth from the trailer that played Beside You On Time. It gave me chills similar to the chills I got from listening to Eraser and Reptile, which was yet another reason for me to become stoked, as that was before I heard anything from With Teeth aside from The Hand That Feeds. There was also a great sense of relief from also just taking in the fact that Nine Inch Nails was going to live on.

Upon my very first impression of The Collector (Without also hearing it in full.), it also gave me a March Of The Pigs vibe. It was then, that I said to myself (Aside from seeing Closure and And All That Could Have Been. Live.), that I must see NIN live, which I thankfully did on the same exact year.